Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Most of the time when I do them it's a few days prior or just after a race... so typically they get put together then tossed in my storage box until the next race day. Using the silcone a lot though for other purposes I'd say by the time you finish putting it all back together you can start racing... there is no real pressure behind it the seal will hold iMO.
i think the issue is, will filling up the cup with silicone oil and then sealing it up, effect whatever curing the RTV needs to do. i don't know the answer to this, but i think that was his question.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i think the issue is, will filling up the cup with silicone oil and then sealing it up, effect whatever curing the RTV needs to do. i don't know the answer to this, but i think that was his question.
I slap mine together and fill almost immediately (see how I make mine several pages back). There is maybe a 3-5min layover from the time the rtv on the inside insert is seated until the cup is being filled and I have no issues. I don't typically run them, directly after... but I don't think it would be an issue. I wouldn't be afraid to try it.. worst case just rebuild.

PS the clear rtv silicone comes off with a towel on the gasket and you can use the gasket severa times especially if you keep using rtv seal on it as I have been. I only relpace the gasket if it breaks or when I replace the diff cup and have had no issues.

Last edited by 8ight-e; 06-03-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes correct my question was would filling them up with diff fluid affect the cure time for the silicone on the inserts. Thanks for the feedback guys. I think by the time I finish getting the grease out of the center and rear I will refill the front. Thanks for the quick responses, much appreciated.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

i use the silicone gasket maker and let it sit overnight and no leaking at all.. and its been 3-4 months of racing too....i used it for the inserts
Old 06-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rrussell
i use the silicone gasket maker and let it sit overnight and no leaking at all.. and its been 3-4 months of racing too....i used it for the inserts
I definitely need it. Almost all the grease had flung out of my center diff, what a mess. Front was still almost full though. Have not gotten to the rear one yet. I think I'll give the inserts overnight to dry just to be safe. It's not hard to rebuild just time consuming so I'd like them to stay tight for a while.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
Is that tapped into the battery leads at the esc?

So just tap into the power at the battery, then pull the red pin from the esc receiver plug and that's it?

Sorry for all the questions but this is my first time having to use a external BEC.

Thanks,
Matt
Will this also work?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tage-Protector
Old 06-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I don't know why you guys are having leaking problems with leaking. I've never had to seal any of my diffs up with anything that didn't come with the kit. I'm just using the paper seals and it's fine
Old 06-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I don't know why you guys are having leaking problems with leaking. I've never had to seal any of my diffs up with anything that didn't come with the kit. I'm just using the paper seals and it's fine
there not talking about the part where the gasket is, its the inserts that the outdrives ride in. they leak pretty good if you dont seal them up
Old 06-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for a bolt on nitro conversion for their SCTE I have one listed in the FS section. Sweet deal. Just swap the front and back clips from your SCTE to this complete nitro chassis setup and your ready to make some noise!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...your-scte.html
Old 06-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rrussell
there not talking about the part where the gasket is, its the inserts that the outdrives ride in. they leak pretty good if you dont seal them up
Mine don't and never have.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .AJ.
Very nice
Thanx!

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Awesome job Riverdale! Looks great.
Thank You Scott!

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Top plate looks great, glad the performance was there too..

Just to note though, you really don't want to eliminate that second plastic part under the front side of the top plate. This was designed for a very specific purpose; changing your diff or taking the front clip out.

To get your front clip out while keeping the steering section installed you simply take out the main four bottom screws into your diff housing. Top two bumper screws, then take out the front two screws of the top plate (releasing the spacer), pull the spacer out and unscrew your front two steering rods and your entire front drops out w/o touching the rack.

I honestly wouldn't get a part that eliminated this spacer, but with luck maybe others won't mind. Sorry if I mis-understood as I thought your goal was to get rid of that part.

*similar as above to swap the diff while in place, just don't bother with the steering screws and take out the diff screws instead. You can even leave the sway bar attached by swinging the front of the diff housing over pull out the diff swap and re-install.
Ya I understand what the idea is but I usualy tear down the whole front end when I rebuild the diffs to clean up that part of the truck.I have lost that part before and the track did not have one LoL..What I have done is given the Alum part a true clearance hole for the 5-40 screw to go thru.On the plastic part the hole is undersized so you have to screw thru the plastic and then screw in to the bottom components.With this, the screws go right in and out with out issus takes no longer than chaning the wheels Lol Thanx for Your input (8)E...I may try to make a run of these and hand some out for further testing.I may offer some for sale soon if all goes well with further test runs ,Just cant decide what color Ano I want
Old 06-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Thanx!

Thnck You Scott!

Ya I understand what the idea is but I usualy tear down the whole front end when I rebuild the diffs to clean up that part of the truck.I have lost that part before and the track did not have one LoL..What I have done is given the Alum part a true clearance hole for the 5-40 screw to go thru.On the plastic part the hole is undersized so you have to screw thru the plastic and then screw in to the bottom components.With this, the screws go right in and out with out issus takes no longer than chaning the wheels Lol Thanx for Your input (8)E...I may try to make a run of these and hand some out for further testing.I may offer some for sale soon if all goes well with further test runs ,Just cant decide what color Ano I want
green! to match these:

Old 06-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Rc phreak...u see my post about the esc and what the blinking green/red lights meant?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Rc phreak...u see my post about the esc and what the blinking green/red lights meant?
Blinking green/red lights on any HW or Orion esc means that the esc kicked you out of sensored mode and into sensorless. That mode is still pretty smooth with those esc's though. I know Orion is working on new software for those noisy 4 poles so should see something soon.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
green! to match these:

WOW, been a long time since I ran those shocks, haha. Love that green though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.