Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default New vs old diff gears

Well the fine folks at Losi can say whatever they want about the old gears being "just fine", but I've built plenty of diffs and the "old" diff gears are the worst meshing pieces of crap ever and if they weren't, I doubt the new gears would look so dramatically different! Don't get me wrong, I really like this truck, but the fact is the old gears obviously were a "cost cutting" trick by Losi, just like the not hardened pins in the diffs!

I'm not trying to cause an uprising, I simply would like to know how to get the new diff gears and not the old p.o.s. gears?
Old 01-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by TheRevolution
Well the fine folks at Losi can say whatever they want about the old gears being "just fine", but I've built plenty of diffs and the "old" diff gears are the worst meshing pieces of crap ever and if they weren't, I doubt the new gears would look so dramatically different! Don't get me wrong, I really like this truck, but the fact is the old gears obviously were a "cost cutting" trick by Losi, just like the not hardened pins in the diffs!

I'm not trying to cause an uprising, I simply would like to know how to get the new diff gears and not the old p.o.s. gears?
Your doing something wrong. Use the search, its been discussed a million times in this thread.

Diff gears are fine.
"here we go again"
Old 01-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I currenty have 2 complete sets of diffs. The originals that came with the truck (old gears) and a complete set with all of the new gears and lightened outdrives. I see absolutely NO difference.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Ok it must be just me doing something wrong, sure, whatever. Does anybody have a answer to the question: how can I get a the new diff gears and not the old diff gears? I'm not sure exactly why I cannot get a answer to this question!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's like any other running change on this truck, you will have to filter through the old stock before we start seeing the new stock of updated parts.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Ok cool, an answer finally! Thank you. But those who have gotten the new gears, where did you get them?
Old 01-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know hacker had given them out at his local track to a few guys but other then that only the RTR SCTE's have had the gears. So either someone's gotten them out of an RTR or I would assume off eBay from a broken down RTR. If anyone has gotten them from a shop or online place I'd like to know too to order some up.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok cool, an answer finally! Thank you. But those who have gotten the new gears, where did you get them?
Through my LHS and Amain But I don't know why everyone is so desperate for the new gears.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ok it must be just me doing something wrong, sure, whatever. Does anybody have a answer to the question: how can I get a the new diff gears and not the old diff gears? I'm not sure exactly why I cannot get a answer to this question!
Why you cant get answers is because of how you approach things. To spout off something that you do not know about and is false, is not a good way to get support. "Cost Cutting" as you put it had nothing to do with what happened with the diff pins. That has been explained about a million times in here so you either didnt read or simply dont care to. As for the diff gears, I have also explained that another million times and most manufacturers dont care to do this, however I do. There is a new mold, using newer software and thus, there are now new gears available for your ordering pleasure from horizonhobby.com.

The updated parts come in the ARR and RTR vehicles that are available now and have been for some time as well so there goes the cost cutting approach again.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

My initial question was far from spouting off, I asked a simple question and received a half dozen answers that didn't actually answer my question!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What are people using to polish there bce chassis?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91
What are people using to polish there bce chassis?
any metal wheel polish will work, but I really like Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream. I'm going to re-polish mine since my Local tracks will be rained out this weekend
Old 01-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
any metal wheel polish will work, but I really like Blue Magic Metal Polish Cream. I'm going to re-polish mine since my Local tracks will be rained out this weekend
I polish my chassis with dirt from the track.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

My initial question was far from spouting off, I asked a simple question and received a half dozen answers that didn't actually answer my question!
This link might help:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=new+diff+ge...www.rctech.net

-Sent from my iPhone
Old 01-20-2012, 09:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
This link might help:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=new+diff+ge...www.rctech.net

-Sent from my iPhone
Thats awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.