Wiki Posts
Search

MBX6 ECO Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PorTX
We had a small get together at the track today. I am starting to get the feel of the buggy, finally. It just keeps getting better for me!! Decided to get some pics of it.
Nice pics. Is that the track where the RC Pro race was a couple of weeks ago?

I just bought an MBX6 eco Monday and ran it for the first time on Saturday. We had a practice/play race at the track I had raced at last weekend. I ran the Mugen box-stock setup. It was real loose so I lengthened the wheelbase and that settled it down somewhat. After one of the heats I went up to the booth and looked at my lap times. I ran a half-dozen laps in that one heat faster than I had EVER run with my old buggy. To say I'm liking the Mugen is an understatement! It's freaking awesome!
Old 05-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LabRat99
Nice pics. Is that the track where the RC Pro race was a couple of weeks ago?
Yes it is the Corpus Christi track where the RC Pro Texas State Series race was held on May 7th. It is a tough track. Not point and shoot by any means!

Congrats on your Mugen. I have no regrets, only wish I would have bought mine sooner! Labrat, where do you run at?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default learned a few set up tips

hey guys,
I picked up a few set up tips from a few dudes I ran into today at the track.
These guys were smoking fast and seemed to know their buggies.
I was told one was a pro driver but ai didn't get his name.

anyway, on the shocks I moved the lower end to the inner hole making them more upright front and rear, and toed in half a turn on the fronts for more steering.

I also switched springs to 7.75 front and 8.5 rear.

Seemed to clean up my laps and make turns out of jumps easier to manage.

I run a big indoor clay track.

Last edited by buggy8; 05-31-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes it is the Corpus Christi track where the RC Pro Texas State Series race was held on May 7th. It is a tough track. Not point and shoot by any means!

Congrats on your Mugen. I have no regrets, only wish I would have bought mine sooner! Labrat, where do you run at?
I run all the Houston area tracks. Mike's in Porter, Vertigo/Ultimate R/C in Alvin, and the River Track in Brazoria. There's also a new track about to open up in Katy.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have to give Mugen props today because their customer service is awesome. I am having a problem with my buggy making a screechiing sound when going on power and driving like shit. I have torn the thing apart and can't figure out what it is and also had a problem with stripping a bunch of screws and hinge pins, so they are having me send the buggy to them and they are going to fix it. I just have to say thanks to Mugen for being so awesome. If it wasn't for that I don't know what I would do
Old 05-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jurquhart
also had a problem with stripping a bunch of screws
I stripped one of the screw on the front upper steering plate. Then I found out about the "heat method". If a screw is extra tight and will not budge, pull out a hair dryer and use it to heat the screw (and area where the threads are). Once it gets warm, it will come loose with almost no effort! The loctite that Mugen uses is more like cement! Have you tried to take out the hex screw that holds the pin going through the wheel hub? It took about 10 minutes of hair dryer time one each hex/wheel hub before the loctite would give up. Anyway, glad to hear that your problems may be behind you! After my first trip to the track, I liked the ECO but it was not set-up for the track conditions that I run on, nor my driving style. Now that I have done some research, made some changes based on suggestions by fellow ECO owners on this thread. I am really seeing that the ECO is a great buggy! Now I wonder if Mugen customer service can fix my driving....

Last edited by PorTX; 05-31-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jurquhart
I have to give Mugen props today because their customer service is awesome. I am having a problem with my buggy making a screechiing sound when going on power and driving like shit. I have torn the thing apart and can't figure out what it is and also had a problem with stripping a bunch of screws and hinge pins, so they are having me send the buggy to them and they are going to fix it. I just have to say thanks to Mugen for being so awesome. If it wasn't for that I don't know what I would do
John
I have been talking to Eddie at RC PRo and he let me take a few laps with his ECO and If you remember you let me take a few laps with your Xray. selling that right? .....Are they (mugen) charging shipping or anything else or are they taking care of it all? Eddie said he had to shim the diffs in his could that be it ....maybe something else...
Randy

Last edited by formula87; 05-31-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

I have been running my ECO close to box stock for about four months now and have had great luck. Haven't shimed the diffs and have had zero issues. For the first two months I ran exclusively indoor on hard packed medium bite clay. The chassis is unlike another indoor. It drives flat with tons of steering and traction which I could never get both out of any of my old chassis. Then the past two months I've been beating the snot out of this thing outdoor on big low bite American style nitro tracks. Day one outdoor all I did was lighten the suspension raised the ride height and it was good to go!! It is the smoothest most consistent chassis I have ran outdoor. The ECO chassis are built to the highest standard and show on the track! I'd say on the sportsman level this is the chassis to have. It is extremly durable, easy to setup and very forgiving to wheel! I must say thank you to Mugen!!! Truly an epic chassis!!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by formula87
John
I have been talking to Eddie at RC PRo and he let me take a few laps with his ECO and If you remember you let me take a few laps with your Xray. selling that right? .....Are they (mugen) charging shipping or anything else or are they taking care of it all? Eddie said he had to shim the diffs in his could that be it ....maybe something else...
Randy
It could be shimming the diffs but they seemed fine when I took them apart. But then I wouldn't be able to tell...to me they seemed really smooth. Mugen is having me pay shipping but that's it, so I'm really happy with that and thank goodness it's not to the Japan office.
I already sold the Xray I just wasn't that happy with it but right now I'm kicking myself because I have no ebuggy to drive. At least I have my Losi SCTE 4x4s.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

For Sale, not a ECO but close.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...x6-e-artr.html
Old 06-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I stripped one of the screw on the front upper steering plate. Then I found out about the "heat method". If a screw is extra tight and will not budge, pull out a hair dryer and use it to heat the screw (and area where the threads are). Once it gets warm, it will come loose with almost no effort!
I have a different version on this. Take your soldering iron and hold it on the head of the screw and it will weaken the locktite. It's a little more precise that the hair drier/heat gun method. Don't go crazy with some 850°F iron as cars do melt.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rpoage
Take your soldering iron and hold it on the head of the screw and it will weaken the locktite. It's a little more precise that the hair drier/heat gun method. Don't go crazy with some 850°F iron as cars do melt.
Never tried a soldering iron because it has been said that if it was red loctite, to much heat would actually "set it" more firm?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've used a lot of Loctite in my days (full size racing cars) and I have never heard that? Temperature is the universal solvent for loctite.

This shows the highest temp for standard Red loctite is 450 (still pretty hot)

http://www.useloctite.com/products/p...ockinge44e.php

I for one can't think of any reason to use red loctite on a RC Car. Red is for fasteners a whole lot larger that 4mm

If you haven't seen this stuff it's the bomb for RC.

http://www.useloctite.com/products/p...ocking090e.php
Loctite® QuickStix® 248™ Threadlocker Stick
Blue Removable ONLINENEARTDSMSDS
No-drip semi-solid, in a stick applicator
Typical Applications: Ideal for overhead applications
Cure Time: Fixture - 10 min (3 mins w/primer) Full - 24 hrs
Old 06-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rpoage

I for one can't think of any reason to use red loctite on a RC Car. Red is for fasteners a whole lot larger that 4mm

I have no idea why they would use red either?? But it appears that is what Mugen used on several places of my buggy? I cleaned those screws off and went back together with blue loctite.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know if Mugen ECO has a diff upgrade like the Losi 8ight E? Losi calls it the "smart diff". Or maybe the Diff in the Mugen is already upgraded to those specs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.