Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Will a 1/8 scale truck body fit a Slash 4x4? >

Will a 1/8 scale truck body fit a Slash 4x4?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will a 1/8 scale truck body fit a Slash 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Will a 1/8 scale truck body fit a Slash 4x4?

I have a Slash 4x4 whose body is getting pretty beaten up. Thinking about getting a new body for it, and maybe not a stock Slash body.

I've noticed that the Slash is bigger than a standard 1/10 scale, like my older RC10T's. Wheelbase is longer, body is bigger etc. It seems closer to a 1/8 scale than a 1/10.

Has anyone ever put a 1/8 scale body on a Slash 4x4 (or 2WD) chassis? Are there major issues with making one fit? Or just a few little extra holes to cut?

Any good reason not to try this?
Old 12-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Are you thinking of some kind of onroad or rally body? I know of one who has put a Subaru Impreza-body from Kyosho on his, this was a pretty direct fit, but you have to make some bodymounts for it i guess. Most onroad/rallybodies will fit fine i think. I am currently converting my Associated RC8e from buggy to rally, but first i thought of converting my stretched Rustler with Slash-wheelbase. I found out that the RC8e had a very close wheelbase and width to do this, but it would absolutely have been feasible with the Slash.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
I have a Slash 4x4 whose body is getting pretty beaten up. Thinking about getting a new body for it, and maybe not a stock Slash body.

I've noticed that the Slash is bigger than a standard 1/10 scale, like my older RC10T's. Wheelbase is longer, body is bigger etc. It seems closer to a 1/8 scale than a 1/10.

Has anyone ever put a 1/8 scale body on a Slash 4x4 (or 2WD) chassis? Are there major issues with making one fit? Or just a few little extra holes to cut?

Any good reason not to try this?
It is called a Backslash. Search it in google. They look very cool!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC8daBOMB
It is called a Backslash. Search it in google. They look very cool!
Those appear to be buggy bodies on a Slash chassis. Not bad! I'm encouraged.

But I might put a truck body on it. Just not a Traxxas Slash original body. Truck is fine with me, but I like cleaner, simpler lines.

Something like this, but without the swoopy decals:
http://www3.omnimodels.com/cgi-bin/w...I=DTXC6530&P=7

Or maybe find some kind of stock sedan body, 1/8 scale if any exist, and cut the top off to make a convertible out of it (something I've done several times to real cars).

The possibilities are endless. I even though of getting a model BOAT, cutting out the bottom, and mounting that, just to have something completely different and make people scratch their heads. But it would probably last until the first crash, and no longer.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Little-Acorn
I even though of getting a model BOAT, cutting out the bottom, and mounting that, just to have something completely different and make people scratch their heads. But it would probably last until the first crash, and no longer.
LOL. If you do that, I will be the first one to congratulate you with a cookie.