Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo
This seems to be a very popular question lately and I am pleased to answer it as it was the first time I have heard it

We run the shorty pack full forward...... one pad standing and one half cut pad laying down . . .
Is that considered the middle position? Thats with the the ally brace in the 10mm or default spot?

Thank you Corey
Old 03-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I am sorry I did forget to mention it is with the alloy battery brace that does allow 10mm further forward placement... It is considered "full forward" position not middle... You are more then welcome bud...
Old 03-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How is everyone mounting the full size packs?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo
I am sorry I did forget to mention it is with the alloy battery brace that does allow 10mm further forward placement... It is considered "full forward" position not middle... You are more then welcome bud...

Im starting a new setup and using Dustin's setup here as my base. Just wondering what he means by the battery in the middle.

Im assuming by middle, he is using just the 1 pad in the front standing and the half cut pad in the back? Or other way around?

once again, thank you for your help, much appreciated.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
How is everyone mounting the full size packs?
Full forward for me. The car feels........um.......broken if I move it back.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bike racer
Full forward for me. The car feels........um.......broken if I move it back.
Thank you, running any weight?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have read serveral references to the kit coming with orange springs. My kit is about 3 to 4 months old, and I could swear the springs it came with are red. I am looking at them right now under my light. Looks red... Did they change the kits to red? What say you?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
I have read serveral references to the kit coming with orange springs. My kit is about 3 to 4 months old, and I could swear the springs it came with are red. I am looking at them right now under my light. Looks red... Did they change the kits to red? What say you?
Kit comes with red
Old 03-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sean B.
Kit comes with red
Truth!!

Did anyone else come from 2wd scts? All I want to do is drive the buggy now, it's much more precise and fun!
Old 03-14-2012, 02:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Hey all just a curiosity question for you, please don't take it the wrong way....there's an awful lot of 22's popping up in the F/S thread, any idea why so many people are unloading them? I had one for a little bit, it's a great buggy just wasn't for me. I know I saw some complaints that people can't get it to turn, it's too long, etc. Just like anything else if you put in some time you can get it to respond the way you want. It's like people used to complain that the XXXcr didn't turn or the B4 was way too loose. Some tuning time and patience as well as asking questions get a buggy locked in and I know for me in particular, I don't always like the feel of someone else's setup. My B4 is so ridiculously stable that my 7 year old can wheel it no problem. My 22 was similar yet I just didn't like the way it felt on the track even though my times were good with it. Again just curious as to what you're hearing, there's been soooooo many popping up in the for sale thread that it really caught my eye. As far as I'm concerned I'm trying the 22 shocks on my X6 instead of some other Big Bores because I think they rival the Kyoshos, also trying the 22T shocks on my X60 for the same reason. I just find it curious that there are so many for sale now and wanted to see what the most current gripes have been, maybe knowing that I can help some of the local guys before they decide to give up on their 22's.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

It's likely that more 22's have been sold new in the past year than any other buggy. People like to switch vehicles in this hobby, the toys are a big part of the fun. We've seen waves of B4's and RB5's in the past too. The 22 is just the "it" car right now.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Truth!!

Did anyone else come from 2wd scts? All I want to do is drive the buggy now, it's much more precise and fun!
IMO, SC's are backyard vehicles that people all of a sudden decided they wanted to race for some reason. Welcome to the real race vehicles!
Old 03-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

there's an awful lot of 22's popping up in the F/S thread, any idea why so many people are unloading them?
Outdoor season is almost upon us. Some people may be selling to help finance 1/8 scale stuff for the outdoors.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glowster21
Hey all just a curiosity question for you, please don't take it the wrong way....there's an awful lot of 22's popping up in the F/S thread, any idea why so many people are unloading them? I had one for a little bit, it's a great buggy just wasn't for me. I know I saw some complaints that people can't get it to turn, it's too long, etc. Just like anything else if you put in some time you can get it to respond the way you want. It's like people used to complain that the XXXcr didn't turn or the B4 was way too loose. Some tuning time and patience as well as asking questions get a buggy locked in and I know for me in particular, I don't always like the feel of someone else's setup. My B4 is so ridiculously stable that my 7 year old can wheel it no problem. My 22 was similar yet I just didn't like the way it felt on the track even though my times were good with it. Again just curious as to what you're hearing, there's been soooooo many popping up in the for sale thread that it really caught my eye. As far as I'm concerned I'm trying the 22 shocks on my X6 instead of some other Big Bores because I think they rival the Kyoshos, also trying the 22T shocks on my X60 for the same reason. I just find it curious that there are so many for sale now and wanted to see what the most current gripes have been, maybe knowing that I can help some of the local guys before they decide to give up on their 22's.
Ive had four different cars from three different brands in the last six months. Does not mean one was better than the other. I just like to try different brands. You certainly can't gauge how good a car is by how many are for sale. So there are 4 or 5 cars out of 100,000 or so for sale? Big deal. I know for a fact one of the 22's in the f/s section was sold because the guy wanted to have all the same brand for part swapping. He liked his 22 and selling it had nothing to do with how the car performed. Ive had my 22 longer than all the other cars i have tried recently. I just finished a xxx4. I bought it just to try it. May sell it sometime down the road to try something else. Who knows.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sean B.
IMO, SC's are backyard vehicles that people all of a sudden decided they wanted to race for some reason. Welcome to the real race vehicles!
I do agree a buggy is far more of a real race vehicle, but the sc requires a different skill set it just appears to require a more brutal driving style. When I was at the track it was fun to mess with them by easily taking the inside line and out accelerating them through corners, the 4wd guys especially. I guess they're just used to plowing through with power and the buggies are just quicker to respond.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.