Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Which ones do you use?
I run a combination of Dubro standard and heavy duty ends depending on which ones will fit and then use Lunsford Punisher turnbuckles.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

no problems with the ball cups here....2 cars...in my opinion the cups are great...i have heard reports of kyosho guys using losi ends, as they are better....

if you hit something hard enough, any end on the market will pop off....
Old 11-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Fellas, which page is the list of short battery manufactures for the 22? I saw it when surfing this thread and now that i need to get batteries i cant find it Thanks in advance....
Old 11-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...de-thread.html

Quite a ways down the page.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by badassrevo
They only pop off when they are worn. New cups don't just pop off.
drove my "brand new" 22 for the very first time last saturday..........rear ball cup popped off twice during the 4 batterys i ran that day but to the cars defence i was still getting used to the car and it happened in a crash.

on another note i was running dustins complete set up and i mean complete i was very carfule to run the entire set up including all needed parts and settings including ride hight, camber, and toe and i found the car pushed way too much for my liking hope i can get this thing to turn lol while at the track i tried to get used to the car that way i even lowered the front a littlt but it it pushed like a dump truck full of bricks in the back any ideas? i was running green bar codes on an indoor clay track
Old 11-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Move your battery forward, one more pad behind.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by john stu
drove my "brand new" 22 for the very first time last saturday..........rear ball cup popped off twice during the 4 batterys i ran that day but to the cars defence i was still getting used to the car and it happened in a crash.

on another note i was running dustins complete set up and i mean complete i was very carfule to run the entire set up including all needed parts and settings including ride hight, camber, and toe and i found the car pushed way too much for my liking hope i can get this thing to turn lol while at the track i tried to get used to the car that way i even lowered the front a littlt but it it pushed like a dump truck full of bricks in the back any ideas? i was running green bar codes on an indoor clay track
what front foams did you run?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Did you try running the inside bottom hole on the front shocks. It adds alot of steering.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Did anyone replace the front camber block with the Alum. one? Did you reuse the 10mm long ball or use a shorter one?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I see a lot of people posting that they have someones setup and state it is not working for them . A pro`s setup is a good starting point and that is all . There are to many factors involved to make someone else`s setup work exactly for you and the track you are at .

Start with whatever setup is close to your tracks conditions . Then find the manual for the XXX-CR and print off the tuning guide in the back . This will help you decide which change to make for what you are fighting . Remember to only make one change at a time and then go try it for a few laps . It is also good to take a practice day to try different settings to see what they do .

Also , tires and inserts are the biggest setup difference . Doesn`t matter how your buggy/truck is setup if you don`t have the correct tires and inserts .
Old 11-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NoobRCDriver
Did anyone replace the front camber block with the Alum. one? Did you reuse the 10mm long ball or use a shorter one?
I just reused the same ball.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Question for matt chambers or dustin evans whats your total shock length front and rear car raised off table measured from center of shock mount on tower to center of ballcup. Thx.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is the diff set too tight?
Old 11-02-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default assembly issues ?

guys, just put together my 22 kit, but when i tried putting on the front shock tower and bulk head, the steering arm hit the underside of the tower.no matter what spacers i used on the steering servo, it would still hit.I had to dremel about 20thou off the plastic to allow the steering ballcup to complete its arc.I am using a Futab s9550 low profile servo.Has anyone else experienced this
Also, there is nothing in the way of the shock setups in the manual.After i assembled all mine, the shocks seem to rebound rather quickly.is this correct or do i have too much air in them ? I have built the buggy to the book set up
Any tips appreciated for a noob !
Old 11-02-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Initiate

I am about to order some lipos for mine and I am a little confused. I am looking at 2s but then I see 2p or 1p. I'm pretty sure that means parallel. My question is which is better? I am assuming 2p is better but figure I'll ask first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.