Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB9387
Old 09-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

hansie2 i have the tlr 22 in rear motor

I have the same problem as you, would you please send me your set up and a photo of how it fits the modification.
I need to know how to put the drive shaft (tlr2970) within outdrive (tlr2955)

sorry for my english.

thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If I don't TQ and win the next time out this whole thread has been a waste. Corey should stop racing, Frank should apply at Walmart, and everyone that has ever posted should just be fill in's in the crowd on The Price Is Right!!!!..................oh wait.....I actually still have to drive the well set up car There's no right or wrong in this thread. It's all folks trying to help by giving their experiences with this AWESOME buggy in our WONDERFUL hobby If my playful comments offended anyone......I'm giving out hugs in Modesto,Ca on Oct 1st

Thanks Corey for all the behind the scene help as well as the help on this thread. I'm no engineer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express
Old 09-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
If I don't TQ and win the next time out this whole thread has been a waste. Corey should stop racing, Frank should apply at Walmart, and everyone that has ever posted should just be fill in's in the crowd on The Price Is Right!!!!..................oh wait.....I actually still have to drive the well set up car There's no right or wrong in this thread. It's all folks trying to help by giving their experiences with this AWESOME buggy in our WONDERFUL hobby If my playful comments offended anyone......I'm giving out hugs in Modesto,Ca on Oct 1st

Thanks Corey for all the behind the scene help as well as the help on this thread. I'm no engineer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express
That right there is funny. Do whatever the hell you want to the car and drive, share, talk about the changes who cares. Isn't that what makes the hobby fun.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
That right there is funny. Do whatever the hell you want to the car and drive, share, talk about the changes who cares. Isn't that what makes the hobby fun.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Clint for pres. Hey almost got the 22 together... be a few more race days for me.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Thanks Briguy!

I just finished rewiring the bullet plug to 90 degrees and I like it much better.
Had it at 180 degrees before.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Cool Mid motor... Zegers Paint

Thats a TBG Body^^^^^^
Old 09-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Where did you get the under chassis body ?
Old 09-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default rear shock mount

Hey guys, you think the aluminum rear shock mount will add enough rear weight as adding the. 5z weight in the rear? As it shows on the setups between the diff case and tower.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo
Its actually the exact opposite . . .

Less anti-squat gives more rear traction while accellerating on a slippery or dusty track.
It also gives more side-bite.
Less anti-squat will make the car accellerate better and faster through bumpy sections.
Very little anti-squat (0° or 1°) makes the rear end feel very stable. It also makes power sliding a lot easier.

More anti-squat generally makes the rear of the car more sensitive to throttle input.
The car has more steering while braking, and also a little more powering out of corners.
On high-traction tracks, it may feel as if the car momentarily has more rear traction accellerating out of corners.
A car with more anti-squat can also jump a little higher and further, and it will soak up bumps a little better, off-power.
A lot of anti-squat (4° or more) can make the car spin out in turns, and make the rear end break loose when accelleratin
Pretty sure you have this backwards...

Anti-squat inhibits the transfer of weight to the front wheels during acceleration.

The Effect of Anti Squat Angle Changes

Increasing Anti-squat Angle
1. Increases rear traction during acceleration.
2. Reduces off-power traction.
3. Best used on smooth and/or slippery tracks.

Reducing Anti-Squat Angle
1. Reduces on-power traction.
2. Increases off-power traction.
3. Best used on rough and/or bumpy tracks.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt

Anti-squat inhibits the transfer of weight to the front wheels during acceleration.

His definition came verbatim from the tuning guide on CEN racing. Including the misspelled word But I believe his definition is correct or at least it is what I have found from my testing.

www.cenracing.com/race/setupguide.doc
Old 09-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by celt

No, he had it right. Lets think about this for a second. Weight does not transfer forward during acceleration (if so in a real car when you stomped on the gas you would fly into the steering wheel instead of being pushed into the seat), so there is no way that anti-squat can inhibit something that does not happen. What does happen when your car accelerates is weight transfer to the rear of the car this causes the rear suspension to squat. Anti-squat (as the name suggests) is an adjustment to prohibit the rearward weight transfer under acceleration. Less weight transfered means less traction. If my understanding is correct more anti-squat will allow the weight to transfer more easily towards the front of the car under deceleration, resulting in a greater loss of rear traction. As for which one to use on a bumpy track vs. a smooth track, I think you did get that part right. Please disreguard this post if you live in a parallel universe where physics are completeley different.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness
His definition came verbatim from the tuning guide on CEN racing. Including the misspelled word But I believe his definition is correct or at least it is what I have found from my testing.

www.cenracing.com/race/setupguide.doc
No, but from this reference...how many more would you like?

http://www.rc-truckncar-tuning.com/Anti-Squat.html

Last edited by celt; 09-15-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
No, he had it right. Lets think about this for a second. Weight does not transfer forward during acceleration (if so in a real car when you stomped on the gas you would fly into the steering wheel instead of being pushed into the seat), so there is no way that anti-squat can inhibit something that does not happen. What does happen when your car accelerates is weight transfer to the rear of the car this causes the rear suspension to squat. Anti-squat (as the name suggests) is an adjustment to prohibit the rearward weight transfer under acceleration. Less weight transfered means less traction. If my understanding is correct more anti-squat will allow the weight to transfer more easily towards the front of the car under deceleration, resulting in a greater loss of rear traction. As for which one to use on a bumpy track vs. a smooth track, I think you did get that part right. Please disreguard this post if you live in a parallel universe where physics are completeley different.
This is common knowledge, or it should be...this isn't a matter of opinion. RC cars aren't absolved from obeying physical properties on a mass with significant gravity.

Anti-squat increases rear traction during acceleration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.