Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
STOP CRASHING
If your crashing that much you are trying to go way too fast. Slow down, stop crashing and the speed will come. Speed comes from track time, and it is hard to get track time when your car is upside down, or in the pits having parts replaced. This is why I hate Short Bus Trucks, and I think they have ruined racing. They are way too durable, and don't teach new people how to drive. They can go out and bounce them off everything and they just keep going. Back in the day if you did that you spent more time replacing parts than you did driving. Now you have these people that start with Short Course Tanks, and when they move to real race vehicles they can't figure out why they break all of the time.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 09-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
STOP CRASHING
If your crashing that much you are trying to go way too fast. Slow down, stop crashing and the speed will come. Speed comes from track time, and it is hard to get track time when your car is upside down, or in the pits having parts replaced. This is why I hate Short Bus Trucks, and I think they have ruined racing. They are way too durable, and don't teach new people how to drive. They can go out and bounce them off everything and they just keep going. Back in the day if you did that you spent more time replacing parts than you did driving. Now you have these people that start with Short Course Tanks, and when they move to real race vehicles they can't figure out why they break all of the time.
Very true dat BUT, I love the Short Course trucks almost as much as anything else I race and I have discovered that the rubbing is almost automatic when you race or even drive them, Short Course trucks that is, not buggies.
They (SC trucks) are so forgiving that you/I almost automatically go into rubbin is racin mode cuz it is how it is done by all. Too bad some feel hackin is rubbin and that sucks.
I was running my new XXX SCB (nearly the funnest car in my huge stable, believe me cuz it handles just like a bigger badder 22 and if you don't believe me try it, no lie, whew) and had to run with 8 SC trucks, 2 mod, 2 boosted 17.5 and 2 stock and had em all covered cuz it easily, easily out handles all the 2w trucks but they all rub (as I do in SC truck) when they race and that never works up against buggies of any size.
Oh yeh, I was in full RTR mode except for rear tires and correct ride height of 29mm.

Now you know you want 1 or you have resisted driving one.

And I return you to the 22 thread, just had to say.

Last edited by F N CUDA; 09-12-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob martin
+1 for sure!

I know of a couple short course drivers getting buggies soon. I can hear the complaining already.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I can't break mine if I try.
Well ok, in 4 months I've broken 1 spindle and 1 rear arm and I didn't break em, someone else did by smackin me with their eighth scales.

Can't get a tougher 1/10 buggy, aint 1 out there.
Last week I got smashed into at the end of the straight by a 1/8 nitro buggy. The whole place let out a big "oohhhh". Looked my car over and nothing broken the only thing that happened was the esc on/off switch came loose.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
If the RS does not fit nothing else will. It is one of the smallest ESC's on the market. So yeah fits great. That is what I am running. No problems at all.
thanks man
Old 09-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mjk1210
+1 for sure!

I know of a couple short course drivers getting buggies soon. I can hear the complaining already.
I'ma short course driving moving to the 22.

Though I'm also a real racer. I work on consistent laptimes and consistent laptimes only.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Switching my baby over to mod lol im going with a lrp 8.5 octa ( ihope the octa isnt too much) I looking to gear it at 76/23 for highbite indoor clay( WCRC) that sound about right? Also im experimenting with my set-up now since ive got comfortable and im looking at trying the 3* caster blocks and that should yield more steering entering the corner and less exiting correct? I just want to insure that my touring car tuning skills arent doing me dirty on he dirt. ahaha thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rob martin
+ 2 !!!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I will not be racing anymore. I have a brand new in box 22 buggy for sale. I bought it hoping to race here in NY but I have no time with work. Please PM me for the price and I will also include new tires and inserts. Thanks for all the good posts here. I was really looking forward to this kit but my job does not allow me to race.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer x 1
Switching my baby over to mod lol im going with a lrp 8.5 octa ( ihope the octa isnt too much) I looking to gear it at 76/23 for highbite indoor clay( WCRC) that sound about right? Also im experimenting with my set-up now since ive got comfortable and im looking at trying the 3* caster blocks and that should yield more steering entering the corner and less exiting correct? I just want to insure that my touring car tuning skills arent doing me dirty on he dirt. ahaha thanks in advance.
I am running Evans set up for the same track. Changed the front springs to Orange and 27.5 all the way around. Running the same gearing as well 82-22 with an LRP 7.5. Hope that helps.

I am learning that the 22 is SUPER SENSITIVE to set up changes. With my other cars you can go a few heats and if things change a bit, no big deal. Man with this car you have to re-check every last detail every heat.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Dump the octa wind and get a standard 8.5 x-12. The octa's are junk. Save some dough anf pick up a previous Gen Orion or peak motor in the same wind and you will have plenty of power and smoothness. plenty of other options out there but stay away from the octa.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I am running Evans set up for the same track. Changed the front springs to Orange and 27.5 all the way around. Running the same gearing as well 82-22 with an LRP 7.5. Hope that helps.

I am learning that the 22 is SUPER SENSITIVE to set up changes. With my other cars you can go a few heats and if things change a bit, no big deal. Man with this car you have to re-check every last detail every heat.
Yea ive been running the latest evans set-up and for me it actually doesnt steer enough at low speeds unless i break check the car in there and thats not how i drive so im trying to build on the setup a bit. My 7.5 took a dump in my 4wd soo im gonna try the octa since i already have it and see what happens before i buy another motor( i jus bought a 10.5 sonic motor). Btw where did you get the 82 spur?
Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Yea ive been running the latest evans set-up and for me it actually doesnt steer enough at low speeds unless i break check the car in there and thats not how i drive so im trying to build on the setup a bit. My 7.5 took a dump in my 4wd soo im gonna try the octa since i already have it and see what happens before i buy another motor( i jus bought a 10.5 sonic motor). Btw where did you get the 82 spur?
Right here.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Spur-Gear-82T

Good luck with the Octa. I run the regular LRP and love it.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is anyone else having issues with the aluminium steering rack when turning right? My car seemed to really struggle turning right so i swapped servos but it was still not going as fast as it would turning left. When i disconnect the the servo from the steering rack it moves freely with no trouble. Thought the aluminium one seems to have a little play in it but nothing out of the norm.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yea my did the same. just clean it up a lil and if you run on a dusty track like i do. put a lil bit of diff oil just a lil and it with a brush and good to go.i do this every time i run at rrcrc.track is like running the baja 500

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.