Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
yeah, I saw that. Very interesting. I was just waiting for some reviews, lol. Seems like i never buy anything without reviews these days. I hate trying not to lose my thrust balls when cleaning the diff. I am curious to how well they hold up in the race and if there are any noticeable performance draw backs.
I am sure they will be rolling in soon. I have sent out quite a few over the past week.

No performance draw back unless a longer lasting diff is a draw back.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I can't wait to receive mine and build a brand new diff with them. Ordered 3 last week.... Thanks Casper.

Also before I do it, what is everyone's view on the 4 mm trailing spindles? Are most people using them? Or just sticking with the 2mm?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Medicinal Coma
I can't wait to receive mine and build a brand new diff with them. Ordered 3 last week.... Thanks Casper.

Also before I do it, what is everyone's view on the 4 mm trailing spindles? Are most people using them? Or just sticking with the 2mm?
I personally felt like the buggy was a bit sluggish with the 4mm - it sort of felt like a slow servo so I went back to the 2mm. I DO like the 4mm in the SCT which is counter-intuitive because it's such a long boat of a truck.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Prophet

The will calm down the front end to take twitch out and make the car a little more consistant. You have to mod the arms to do this on the buggy right. A lot of guys really like this change.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
The will calm down the front end to take twitch out and make the car a little more consistant. You have to mod the arms to do this on the buggy right. A lot of guys really like this change.
Is there a how to? Not sure my self on how and what to do but would like to see if its something i like.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Are you guys testing new spindles? It looks like Ryan is always running something different.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I thought Frank Root had mentioned he was no longer modding the front arms with the 4mm spindles, I believe he said he liked the Ackerman affect it had...

I was also informed by another member of this community that you didn't have to mod anything to use them on the buggy, that they were a direct fit....

What exactly is the mod that needs to be done if in fact it does need to be done, any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Is there a how to? Not sure my self on how and what to do but would like to see if its something i like.
You basically dremel off 2mm on the arm so you can move the caster block forward on the arm. You add another caster block spacer to take up the gap you created. Then you add a 2mm spacer under the head of the front king pin so you dont' thread into the caster block since you took material away there.

It is not as hard as it sounds. Just a little patience and time.

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Are you guys testing new spindles? It looks like Ryan is always running something different.
Which Ryan are we talking about?
TLR is in constant developement of all there cars.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Suspended

You basically dremel off 2mm on the arm so you can move the caster block forward on the arm. You add another caster block spacer to take up the gap you created. Then you add a 2mm spacer under the head of the front king pin so you dont' thread into the caster block since you took material away there.

It is not as hard as it sounds. Just a little patience and time.
Somehow I missed this mod entirely, must have been asleep at the wheel - but what was the intended benefit from doing it?
Old 04-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pablo040
Somehow I missed this mod entirely, must have been asleep at the wheel - but what was the intended benefit from doing it?
I was told the point is to keep the wheelbase the same as with 2mm spindles while reaping the benefits of the extra 2mm on the knuckles.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by gticlay
I was told the point is to keep the wheelbase the same as with 2mm spindles while reaping the benefits of the extra 2mm on the knuckles.
That's what I was thinking, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Prophet

I thought Frank Root had mentioned he was no longer modding the front arms with the 4mm spindles, I believe he said he liked the Ackerman affect it had...

I was also informed by another member of this community that you didn't have to mod anything to use them on the buggy, that they were a direct fit....

What exactly is the mod that needs to be done if in fact it does need to be done, any help is greatly appreciated.
They are indeed a direct fit but you loose 2mm of wheel base if you just put them on direct.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Frank, Is there a set up posted anywhere that you guys used at the Cactus? Mid Motor. My home track sugars the track, and is very close to they way the Cactus was this year.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

just finished going through a TLR 22 that my buddy picked up. Had to convert it to rear motor so he could use my packs for now.

I got this L shaped TLR weight it seems 50g... where would one put that?

Also, the 3500kv motor i was gonna lent him smells like its been on fire, so a new motor is necessary... what are some cheap alteratives? Im trying to get him into the hobby without scaring him. I lent him my sidewinder sct and hes running a 26t pinion on the stock 76t (ithink) spur... suggestions of KV range?

Also which servo horn are yall using all my alum one hit the front bulk head peice...?

Also whats the easy way to get to the servo, seems like i ve been taking the 4 bottom screws out and top 2 and focring the whole servo out? is that right?
Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 PM

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

hi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.