Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Are most you guys running shorty LiPos? I know that Matt C. is using a shorty but forgot to ask Dustin E. this weekend. I know his Nats setup from 2011 used a stick batt. Just trying to figure out what has been working for most . . .
the guy who won the 13.5 buggy class last fri night at unser(denver) was running a gen ace stick pack, f'n hauln ass, week or so before that same thing different guy hauln ass in buggy running a stick pack, top step on the podium. mabe for 13.5 stick is the way to go but see what dustin thinks for unser next time u guys are hangn out

Last edited by lanmine657; 12-17-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lanmine657
the guy who won the 13.5 buggy class last fri night at unser(denver) was running a gen ace stick pack, f'n hauln ass 17 laps in both heats, 20 sec lap times, week or so before that same thing different guy hauln ass in 13.5 running gen ace stick top step on the podium.
Hmmm. Again I think there is some opportunity here. I also race at Unser but has been a minute or two since the last time I tried 2WD buggy. Should be fun!!

I think this buggy might deserve a little weight up front on this track. I dunno!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (98%+)
Default Rack/fyi

Ahhh yes thank you for that info!! Now for the FYI i did not really learn this untill i noticed one of my rear tires wearing more than the other for some odd reason, but when i tightened the nuts for my rear tires and not being a noob and not over tightening them i would check them to make sure they didnt seem bound. Yes the crush spacer is between the two bearings! I has come to my attention that the aluminium .75 spacer hexes and the stock plastic ones are all made wrong! When you use the pastic ones (stock) with the alum spacer and pin and put the tire one that they dont really feel bound but that they really are bound! And the alum .75 the slot for the pin is cut way to deep so everytime you tighten the nut down it moves that hex closer to the bearings or if you hit hard on the rear tire (crash/bounce off the wall) it slowly moves over and binds the rear up and really dont feal like it is but it is!!! Its unbeleiveable the differents a .001 or 2 makes! And yes i crank the bolt for the hex really tight to it still moves. If using .75 hexes never go past flush with nut and axle.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Marketing hype? Truth in the springs?

Originally Posted by vwduud
In both 1/8 scale and now 1/10 scale, it seems that racers are "feeling" that the Kyosho guys have figured out something with their shock springs that no one else has. As a result, I see Kyosho springs on non-Kyosho cars.

Now Avid steps in with their line of springs.

In scanning through this thread and hearing other racers talk, it seems that some feel that the Kyosho and Avid springs are more linear (not progressive) when compared to the Losi springs (or Mugen when it comes to the 1/8 scale guys).

For those with the ability to measure spring rates, have you been able to compare springs, determining whether a spring reacts progressively or linearly?

Or, what other technical reasons make the Kyosho springs "better"? Is Avid onto something by not coating their springs with paint or powder coating?

Thanks - Jim
Old 12-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

our current track layout is tight turns, long straights very point and shoot, traction is i guess med or so, isnt there a way to correct it without losing forward bite?
There are a million ways to go about this, but here is how I would go about it. Try a small amount of camber rise and/or raise your rear ride height. Just by simply raising your ride height in the rear should increase rear traction by changing the relationship of the CG to Th Roll Center, raising the rear ride height up will increase the leverage, (weight transfer during turn) increasing body roll on the rear.

and/or try shortening the camber link in the rear, this will increase the camber rise throughout the suspensions travel adding more mid turn rear traction.

Last but not least try moving you front shock location out one position on the arm, the added stiffness in the front will keep the rear end more planted through the turns.

There are many many more ways, but more info on your track is needed, like.. size of jumps and rough/smoothness of the track!

Last edited by synap2012; 12-18-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Tekin rs pro setup

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but I need help with setup for my tekin rs pro with a 17.5 redline motor on my 22. I just bought the esc from an onroad driver so I don't know if I need to completely reset it and start over. I will be using the Hotwire software. The local track I use is clay indoor and has a tendency to be on the dry side. Be also had a problem with understeer with this buggy. I'm using gold barcodes right now and want to try ribs on the front to see if that helps. Thinking of also adding weight to the front. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heatmiser
I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but I need help with setup for my tekin rs pro with a 17.5 redline motor on my 22. I just bought the esc from an onroad driver so I don't know if I need to completely reset it and start over. I will be using the Hotwire software. The local track I use is clay indoor and has a tendency to be on the dry side. Be also had a problem with understeer with this buggy. I'm using gold barcodes right now and want to try ribs on the front to see if that helps. Thinking of also adding weight to the front. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I would reset the ESC or at least go through the settings.

We would need more info on the setup you are using to recommend changes. Getting this car to steer should not be a problem.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:24 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Last night I put the TLR aluminum battery tray on my car. Interested in seeing how my car feels with the battery moved a few MM farther forward. It might just give me that tad extra I'm looking for without upsetting the overall balance of my car. Can't wait til Friday to try it out.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Its the way to go

Originally Posted by wyd
Last night I put the TLR aluminum battery tray on my car. Interested in seeing how my car feels with the battery moved a few MM farther forward. It might just give me that tad extra I'm looking for without upsetting the overall balance of my car. Can't wait til Friday to try it out.
Batt full foward..... Full size stick!
Old 12-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Short Video with my new bleeder caps !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCUS7namepU
Old 12-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have used both Short and long packs in my 13.5 buggy and I like the long stick packs better !
Old 12-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Batt full foward..... Full size stick!

I agree with this statement.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Losi57
thetoyz.com delrin steering rack.
We make the delrin steering rack ,it can be bought directly from us as well as going thru the toyz.com
http://drivenproductions.net/content/store.php

thank you for your interest
cheers dp
Old 12-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone used Black Grease for the Ball Diff instead of Clear, I ran out of clear.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Anyone used Black Grease for the Ball Diff instead of Clear, I ran out of clear.
Don't it will cause it to slip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.