Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Pins or step pins in the loam losi bigshots when its loamy and bumpy ifmar's when its smooth and loamy.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi guys Need a bit of Help.

Ill take a photo when I get home but for now a description will have to do.

Now on my 22 both my camber links are the same length (Measured) however on some angle the right wheels seems to be on more of a lean.

Now I know the chassis is slighly twisted and I have a new one on the way, but was wondering what other parts should I order.

I have spare A Arms and will be putting them on as well.

Is there anything else I should need or you think the Chassis is it.

(FYI I did eyeball the other parts still on the car and there was no visible bend/cracks)
Old 08-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Hi guys Need a bit of Help.

Ill take a photo when I get home but for now a description will have to do.

Now on my 22 both my camber links are the same length (Measured) however on some angle the right wheels seems to be on more of a lean.

Now I know the chassis is slighly twisted and I have a new one on the way, but was wondering what other parts should I order.

I have spare A Arms and will be putting them on as well.

Is there anything else I should need or you think the Chassis is it.

(FYI I did eyeball the other parts still on the car and there was no visible bend/cracks)
Did you check the ball cups and ball studs to make sure they aren't bent in any way. Also hing pins.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is the white grease in the kit weird type of white grease? This stuff feels more like silicon caulk? Wondering if I got some bad grease.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what are you guys running for anti squat? from what I'm reading as the definition of anti squat and what it does or affects vehicle is it best to stay to run 1 for stock and move up as you feel better when running a mod motor?
Old 08-20-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer-oZ
Is the white grease in the kit weird type of white grease? This stuff feels more like silicon caulk? Wondering if I got some bad grease.
Ken mine felt the same way.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

So i just got a used 22 about a week ago. rebuilt shocks and diff(stock rebuild kit) and raced it Saturday. While inspecting the car on Sunday i noticed the diff is a little gritty. Is this normal? I built and broke it in like all the guides say. I am a seasoned 1/8 racer so by no means a beginner. I also noticed i installed the diff backwards. I cant see how this is a big issue. I had the screw on the passenger side of the buggy not the drivers side like the 22 guide says. any info would help. I have a b-fast ball diff kit but wanted to save it for the indoor season as i only plan to race the buggy at 1 more outdoor event this season.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonydig11
So i just got a used 22 about a week ago. rebuilt shocks and diff(stock rebuild kit) and raced it Saturday. While inspecting the car on Sunday i noticed the diff is a little gritty. Is this normal? I built and broke it in like all the guides say. I am a seasoned 1/8 racer so by no means a beginner. I also noticed i installed the diff backwards. I cant see how this is a big issue. I had the screw on the passenger side of the buggy not the drivers side like the 22 guide says. any info would help. I have a b-fast ball diff kit but wanted to save it for the indoor season as i only plan to race the buggy at 1 more outdoor event this season.
Diff installed backwards will not hurt the diff. The gritty feel is fairly normal after a while. Can't say mine got that way that soon, but it will get that way. Did you use the diff break in guide on the tlr website?
Old 08-20-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Tony even using the stock parts the diff can be smooth and should def last more than 1 day. I'm thinking maybe the adjustment maybe loosened up..If u need any help give me a text/ring ..I'll pm u my number
Old 08-20-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

If the diff is gritty that mean you either have a flat spot on some of the balls or you got some unwanted dirt between the plates and diff balls. I would take it apart and inspect it. You could have even be running it to tight. If you diff chirps thats a bad thing. I run the diff passenger screw side on all my 22's. If you had an early 22 you had to because running it normal would cause the diff to come loose during a run.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. I did break it in to the losi blog post. I will tear it down this week some time and see what is the issue.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

off topic....

does anyone know what 4wd 10th scale buggy mayfields drives from tle?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
off topic....

does anyone know what 4wd 10th scale buggy mayfields drives from tle?
Ryan Mayfield? He drives for AE not TLR.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
Ryan Mayfield? He drives for AE not TLR.
lmao.... oopsss

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2012...-racing-video/

watch the 4wd buggy listen to the announcer... lol
Old 08-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Don't run this diff too loose, The diff screw and nut i replaced with a B4 one because the stock one never tightened fully. Also I think if you run a diff backwards it loosens up. Another thing that points to gritty diff balls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.