Shock locations = 1/middle
Bump Steer = 1.5mm

Rear--

Toe = 3.5
Anti Squat = 1
Roll center = LRC 3.5
Ride Height = 24mm
Camber = -1
Rear hub spacing = full foward, 4mm spacer behind hub.
Hex Width = +.75mm
Oil = 27.5wt
Piston = 55
Spring = Yellow
Shock limiters = 0
Camber link = 1/D
Shock Locations = 1/Inside
Battery Position = full forward.

Originally Posted by jkirkwood
IMO the black o-rings are a must, the stock o-rings cause too much drag.

Assuming you are using #55 pistons, I don't think 30-32.5wt is outside the usable dampening range for those pistons, especially in in higher temp conditions. I would try going up in oil before trying any geometry changes if you are having alot of chassis slaps and you believe the bottoming is having a negative affect on lap times.

More squat will also help some slapping issues, especially on jump faces. Try it and see if it makes you faster on the layout.
Thanks for the suggestion, will try more squat at first. Change oil after. The slap is very noticeable coming down off big jumps. It creates a small amount of drag when it lands and sometimes breaks loose because of it.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Front--

Toe = 0
Ride Height = 24
Camber = -1
Caster = 5
Kick Angle = 25
Oil = 27.5w
Piston = 55
Spring= Red
Spindles = trailing
Shock limiters = 2mm
Shock locations = 1/middle
Bump Steer = 1.5mm

Rear--

Toe = 3.5
Anti Squat = 1
Roll center = LRC 3.5
Ride Height = 24mm
Camber = -1
Rear hub spacing = full foward, 4mm spacer behind hub.
Hex Width = +.75mm
Oil = 27.5wt
Piston = 55
Spring = Yellow
Shock limiters = 0
Camber link = 1/D
Shock Locations = 1/Inside
Battery Position = full forward.

Thanks for the suggestion, will try more squat at first. Change oil after. The slap is very noticeable coming down off big jumps. It creates a small amount of drag when it lands and sometimes breaks loose because of it.
How about adding more droop in the rear by unscrewing the shock end 2 or 3 turns. I'm running white springs with 1 degree antisquat and not really having a problem with chassis slap. But maybe you have bigger jumps.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow
How about adding more droop in the rear by unscrewing the shock end 2 or 3 turns. I'm running white springs with 1 degree antisquat and not really having a problem with chassis slap. But maybe you have bigger jumps.
Oh, wow, i didnt even think of that. Its funny too, i just checked this on my SCTE last night after i installed the HA pivots. I will certainly give this a try.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Oh, wow, i didnt even think of that. Its funny too, i just checked this on my SCTE last night after i installed the HA pivots. I will certainly give this a try.
You can also move the bottom of the shock to the outside hole on the rear a arm and make the shock more progressive. I run 3 rounds out on the shock, white spring and outside on the arm 55 piston and 25 weight oil. I race on a 1/8 track and have some chassis slap but not much. I run shorty pack which weighs less and makes the car lighter.

Brian
Old 07-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone ran the new Pro-line black diamond shock shafts? They seem a lot better than the TiNitride shaft. Not sure if 33 bucks for a set of 2 is worth it..
Old 07-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Last edited by Matt M.; 07-03-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: i will post my sale items in the sale forums
Old 07-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by secretboy
Has anyone ran the new Pro-line black diamond shock shafts? They seem a lot better than the TiNitride shaft. Not sure if 33 bucks for a set of 2 is worth it..
I have them ordered through my LHS but they haven't arrived yet. If they last a full 4 months of racing then it will be break even with the TLR shock shafts as I have to typically replaced those once a month or at least before every large race if I want my shocks to be in top form.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have them ordered through my LHS but they haven't arrived yet. If they last a full 4 months of racing then it will be break even with the TLR shock shafts as I have to typically replaced those once a month or at least before every large race if I want my shocks to be in top form.
now i feel bad for neglecting my shafts.. they are still the originals from last year!

i just rebuilt my shocks last week and they feel really smooth.. am i missing something? (and they don't leak)
Old 07-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeymdz
now i feel bad for neglecting my shafts.. they are still the originals from last year!

i just rebuilt my shocks last week and they feel really smooth.. am i missing something? (and they don't leak)
No you are fine. The coating does not affect the performance of the shock at the level we are racing. Now if you are a factory driver maybe you can tell a difference. I have been racing for over 25 years I can promise you the shaft with some coating missing is fine. My 22 works great even with the silver gold shaft. Plus it saves some weight!

Brian
Old 07-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Its funny, ill tell my GF all the time.....

NEVER......neglect the shaft.......
Old 07-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeymdz

The loss of the coating creates a bit more friction than I like on the bench. My car just feels better with new shock shafts on it vs ones that look worn. I admit, it's probably just mental, as it drives me nuts to look at them worn out. I have shock shafts from my extra set of Triple-X shocks that I used on different cars for 3-4 seasons that look better than TLR22 shock shafts just after a week or two of racing.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
No you are fine. The coating does not affect the performance of the shock at the level we are racing. Now if you are a factory driver maybe you can tell a difference. I have been racing for over 25 years I can promise you the shaft with some coating missing is fine. My 22 works great even with the silver gold shaft. Plus it saves some weight!

Brian
The loss of the coating creates a bit more friction than I like on the bench. My car just feels better with new shock shafts on it vs ones that look worn. I admit, it's probably just mental, as it drives me nuts to look at them worn out. I have shock shafts from my extra set of Triple-X shocks that I used on different cars for 3-4 seasons that look better than TLR22 shock shafts just after a week or two of racing.

now im curious about getting new shafts (thanks guys)

Its funny, ill tell my GF all the time.....

NEVER......neglect the shaft.......

LOL... now that was funny!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Todd Hodge
The bleeder shock caps definitely make the shocks rebuild quite simple. If you are looking to save some money you can consider LOSA5006.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...pe=productgrid
Thanks for the info. Are these aluminum or plastic?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Thanks for the info. Are these aluminum or plastic?
Looking at the plastic flashing leftover on the top of the caps, I think it'd be safe to assume they're plastic
Old 07-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a couple of questions. what set up are most using now adays for a high bite indoor clay track?

has anyone upgraded bearings to ceramic? I was thinking about this and I couldn't find anything on it. there are acer and advantage. these cars are so responsive to the smallest thing I can only imagine a more free bearing can only help with acceleration, response and put less stress on motor and other parts.

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.