Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE! >

TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEKIN RS VS LRP SXX V2 What's your VOTE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Thanks Randy, I'll give it a try later today.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First of all let me say thanks to all the responses. Let me say I like the direct feel no delay, I will am running a Airtronics M11 is there any problems with the Tekin on that remote? The last time I raced electric was about 1984-1989 with the gold pan RC10 and it was all Novak / Tekin were on top of the game. As you can tell I'm Associated for life but its either Tekin / LRP for me!!
Old 11-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

You can't go wrong with either. My issue isn't major, it's just the only thing that I don't like about my Tekins. If you like to tune, go Tekin, if you want to set it and forget it, go LRP.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
You can't go wrong with either. My issue isn't major, it's just the only thing that I don't like about my Tekins. If you like to tune, go Tekin, if you want to set it and forget it, go LRP.
Are both durable?
Old 11-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

They're both the top of the line stuff, so you can't really go wrong either way. Like I said before your best bet is to see if you can drive both and see what feels best to you.

As far as being durable, they're electronics... I've seen just as many blown up LRP's as I've seen blown up Tekin's. A lot of the time it's user error, but I wouldn't say one is more durable than the other. Neither esc is meant for people that are going to go out there and bash. If you bash then buy Traxxas or look into 1/8th scale electronics.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dgee
They're both the top of the line stuff, so you can't really go wrong either way. Like I said before your best bet is to see if you can drive both and see what feels best to you.

As far as being durable, they're electronics... I've seen just as many blown up LRP's as I've seen blown up Tekin's. A lot of the time it's user error, but I wouldn't say one is more durable than the other. Neither esc is meant for people that are going to go out there and bash. If you bash then buy Traxxas or look into 1/8th scale electronics.
Definately not bashing, I only race
Old 11-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You'll be good with either one then... Just don't buy a Novak I won't even talk about the smoke shows every recent piece of Novaks electronics have given me!
Old 11-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes the new v2 LRP has software updates for free

Ive had my new LRP setup for a week now, i got the sxx competition and the built in profiles are awesome! Previously i had a 13.5 novak setup and it was ok untill it shit itself, now with this its just so much more powerfull, the brake a feel profiles are next to perfect for out of the box and got to love the booooost

LRP x12 13.5 + SXX comp v2 + 35c lipo
Old 11-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

lrp all day imho very user friendly not into drastic tuning!!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Buy Tekin or buy twice!

The RS has been out for nearly 2 years old and has been top of the line the entire time with simply FREE software updates. We're smaller, smarter, faster.

NONE of the other esc manufacturers can say that!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Why can't you just set it and forget it with a tekin? I run a rs and have no problems with it. All you have to do is put a basic setup on it just like the car and then tweek it just like the car. BUY TEKIN!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pin2Win
Why can't you just set it and forget it with a tekin? I run a rs and have no problems with it. All you have to do is put a basic setup on it just like the car and then tweek it just like the car. BUY TEKIN!
You can... get the setup you like and forget it!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pin2Win
Yea I agree... People are making it sound difficult to set the speedo up. I set my RX8 up in less then 3 minutes with hotwire. Only thing I have to mess with is switching from 2S to 3S which takes me 15 seconds. My RS Pro I set up last week with a new motor, took umm like 2 minutes and haven't had to touch it. Before that I had it setup for a few months and never touched it. Worked perfect! Plus you don't need a laptop to set it up, then it becomes like the LRP.

And why do people bitch about having to bring a laptop to the track? "You have to lug a laptop around, it's lame." Umm last I checked you lug everything else to the track why not a laptop. Not to mention most tracks have WiFi so while you charge you can surf. Funny everyone wants more tune ability and when they came out with it, people still manage to bitch.

If you can channel surf with your TV remote you can setup a speedo.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork

DAMN RIGHT!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Yea I agree... People are making it sound difficult to set the speedo up. I set my RX8 up in less then 3 minutes with hotwire. Only thing I have to mess with is switching from 2S to 3S which takes me 15 seconds. My RS Pro I set up last week with a new motor, took umm like 2 minutes and haven't had to touch it. Before that I had it setup for a few months and never touched it. Worked perfect! Plus you don't need a laptop to set it up, then it becomes like the LRP.

And why do people bitch about having to bring a laptop to the track? "You have to lug a laptop around, it's lame." Umm last I checked you lug everything else to the track why not a laptop. Not to mention most tracks have WiFi so while you charge you can surf. Funny everyone wants more tune ability and when they came out with it, people still manage to bitch.

Yup spot on post sir. People are never happy. The cars not gonna drive itself!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.