Wiki Posts
Search

Lapped Traffic?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)
Default Lapped Traffic?

Say you pull over because 2nd or 3rd place is about to lap you and the person then crashes letting you past them, they catch back up to you and you pull over again only to have them crash in front of you again.......

After the first time of this happening are you really obligated to pull over for them a 2nd or even 3rd time? I only ask because this happened to me in stock truck and there ended up being only a 7 second spread between 2nd place and me in 4th my first time out.

Just wondering what the general consensus is of being competitive but not a jerk because I'd rather lose a race than be seen as an @$$hole but I think I was justified in being a little irritated about it.

Last edited by Neu_Racer; 09-18-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hows he lapping if he is crashing so much? Just do your thing. Slow n steady will win over fast and crashy
Old 09-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I will do it twice for them. After that, they have to find there own line to get around.

A lot of times if I am going to let someone by I don't pull over I just go wide and will let them know I am going to do it or come out of a corner slow so they can make an easy pass. This way it doesn't slow me down that much but still allows the fast guys by.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

It was a decent battle for everyone between 2nd and 5th and we were all crashing a lot. It's stock truck so not exactly experts there but still a lot of fun.

The guy happened to be a buddy of mine so I'm not carrying a chip on my shoulder or anything but I haven't been racing very long so wanted to know what the norm is at other tracks. I generally don't pull over and stop either but will make it easy for them to get around.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I definitely never stop, but I'll take a wide line to let someone by. If I see they're not exactly running me over, I'll just keep pushing along and see if they take me.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
It was a decent battle for everyone between 2nd and 5th and we were all crashing a lot. It's stock truck so not exactly experts there but still a lot of fun.

The guy happened to be a buddy of mine so I'm not carrying a chip on my shoulder or anything but I haven't been racing very long so wanted to know what the norm is at other tracks. I generally don't pull over and stop either but will make it easy for them to get around.
After watching u guys last night just hold your line if there good enough they will go around you.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

You getting lapped...... get out of the way. It's the way racing works. If you were in second and the other guy was getting lapped you would want be let by wouldn't you ?
Old 09-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
You getting lapped...... get out of the way. It's the way racing works. If you were in second and the other guy was getting lapped you would want be let by wouldn't you ?

I don't ever expect anyone to let me by. I might ask them on the drivers stand to let them know that I am lapping them to see if they do. But I don't ever expect them to just move over for me. IMO, if I'm lapping someone I should be good enough already to get passed them just as fast without them moving over for me. It's the faster guys responsibility to make a clean pass. That's how it is in ALL forms of racing. After all we are RACING.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

i will let them go once if you crash and i pass them find away around me on the outside because if you take me out your shit coming off broke
Old 09-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by twigman08
I don't ever expect anyone to let me by. I might ask them on the drivers stand to let them know that I am lapping them to see if they do. But I don't ever expect them to just move over for me. IMO, if I'm lapping someone I should be good enough already to get passed them just as fast without them moving over for me. It's the faster guys responsibility to make a clean pass. That's how it is in ALL forms of racing. After all we are RACING.
+1
Old 09-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twigman08
Uhmmmm what do you think the blue flag in formula racing is for? it's to tell a slower racer to get the f*** out of the way.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I hate getting caught up in lapped traffic. They're usually being lapped for a reason: they can't drive worth a damn.

Last race I was in I had just lapped a truck before going into a hairpin. So as I brake for the turn, my truck gets rear-ended by the lapped rig and punted off the lane. I got tangled up with this other rig twice. It's annoying and the announcer even made an effort to tell him to let me go since I was the second place driver at the time.

It's all in fun, and we're all racing, but if your throttle control is that horrible, please just let the more experienced drivers by.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

If a guy is faster he will find a way aound you. You should never stop as this will usually only cause more crashes. I would go alittle wide at some point to let them by but other than that hold your line. We are all out there racing for position and if you are always tying to get out of someone's way you are never going to finish well. It's ok to give someone room but hold your line and you will be fine. A fast, consistent racer will know how to manuver around traffic without getting bent out of shape.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbowop
I hate getting caught up in lapped traffic. They're usually being lapped for a reason: they can't drive worth a damn.

Last race I was in I had just lapped a truck before going into a hairpin. So as I brake for the turn, my truck gets rear-ended by the lapped rig and punted off the lane. I got tangled up with this other rig twice. It's annoying and the announcer even made an effort to tell him to let me go since I was the second place driver at the time.

It's all in fun, and we're all racing, but if your throttle control is that horrible, please just let the more experienced drivers by.
wow u sound good, we need more people like u in this sport.......
it must be dark and lonely so far up.......
Old 09-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

No kidding. Turbowop must have some m4d tyte skillz yo!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.