Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4.1 FT/WC

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

What has everyone been liking for the Avid springs? I was on Reds/Whites with my Losi springs so I'll be looking to match that. I plan on starting with Yellows all around.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtraman122
What has everyone been liking for the Avid springs? I was on Reds/Whites with my Losi springs so I'll be looking to match that. I plan on starting with Yellows all around.
whites all around

the avids just feel better and make the car even more predictable

with my shorty, I had so much grip in the rear with the battery closer to the rear but also had so much more steering i needed to throw on yellow fronts.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
In order to use 12mm spring sets on Ae shock

U will need

Traxxas spring retainer #3768

Losi 12mm BB spring cups #TLR 5095

Both parts are required so 12 mm BB springs will fit Ae shock ...

I have the Traxxas spring retainer #3768 on upper and lower. The Losi BB spring cups are slightly easier to remove than the Traxxas parts, but the offset on both of them are identical.

I can take a picture of it to prove it if you want.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Have you looked into radio settings? or even better whats you speedo set at like drag brake wise... Many over look these.! also like was posted 1 mm of rideheight will effect the carb a ton... What kinda weight are you running? like ballast,1/4 in the triangles,up front?..

Also OMG the avids are amazing..

Originally Posted by madweazl
I was able to hit the track again last night after missing a week and made a number of changes. Still using the shorty pack, I ended up with 2 pads forward and 4 in the rear pulled one shim from under the front inner ballstud. Car still pushes through mid and exit with very aggressive turn in. After that, I shimmed the rear hubs all the way back. No change to the steering but the car seemed to have a more neutral attitude off the jumps (had a tendency to nose up a tiny bit). Tried gold Barcodes up front (green Barcodes rear) and they ran just like the super soft Vektors. Car has pretty good forward bit (not oustanding but good) and adequate side bite. Other than 1/2oz of weight in front of the servo, the rest is from the Worlds Car kit setup.

I ordered the Avid springs, a couple full size batteries, some other tires, the C hubs, a new u-brace to try the shaved setup, carbon front arms, and some other crap to mess around with next week so we'll see how that goes.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Also, my transmission is pretty noisy. Everything is stock, no binding, built properly. Other racers at my track have the same car/motor and whisper quiet, yet mine is the loudest on the track. Run JC Silent Spurs, Robinson Racing pinions.

Anything I can change/check?
Probably the pinion, try a losi pinion, but the AE transmission is typically louder than the rest. It will normally quiet down after its broke in.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA

I have the Traxxas spring retainer #3768 on upper and lower. The Losi BB spring cups are slightly easier to remove than the Traxxas parts, but the offset on both of them are identical.

I can take a picture of it to prove it if you want.
CraigMBA I would like to see pictures. I have the traxxas parts and have been thinking about dooing this converstion for some time now. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dekar058
CraigMBA I would like to see pictures. I have the traxxas parts and have been thinking about dooing this converstion for some time now. Thanks in advance.
Sure:

I have the hi-tech GHEA collars and 22 buckets on my SC10. Those fit too, easier to adjust, but certainly no worse functionally than the cheapo Traxxas parts.

Look close at those AE plastic ball cups. Real close. Because that's the last time you or anyone else will see them.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sure:

I have the hi-tech GHEA collars and 22 buckets on my SC10. Those fit too, easier to adjust, but certainly no worse functionally than the cheapo Traxxas parts.

Look close at those AE plastic ball cups. Real close. Because that's the last time you or anyone else will see them.
That looks good. Im gonna go with the Avid springs but with that pic the traxxas parts will work. It looks like there is no mods done to the tower either?

Ball cups...I switched to the long RPM ones and have never looked back. You have something else in mind?

Thanks for the pic.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Also, my transmission is pretty noisy.
Mine is INSANELY loud.

The transmission in my SC10 is whisper quiet.

I'm going to try black grease as lube and see if it quiets it up, else, I have no idea.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dekar058
That looks good. Im gonna go with the Avid springs but with that pic the traxxas parts will work.
Those are Avid springs, and Traxxas plastics.

It looks like there is no mods done to the tower either?
None. But I don't have the nylocks down all the way tight either.

Ball cups...I switched to the long RPM ones and have never looked back. You have something else in mind?
I have Losi in the rear, the inner is the captured plastic off a JRX-S, the outer is left overs from my XX!

Thanks for the pic.
Sure.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Mine is INSANELY loud.

I'm going to try black grease as lube and see if it quiets it up, else, I have no idea.
I'm going to look at getting a new spur & pinion in a few days. Looking at some PRS pinions down the road when they become available in the size I need.

I don't like the black grease in the transmission, as I feel it's too sticky. I'm running this car in 17.5 so I need that to be as free as possible. I use the clear diff grease and make sure everything has a very light coating.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a machined 72T spur for this car? I've looked at a few places online already, but it's either the correct size but not machined, or it's the correct size and machined, but not a slipper spur.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Mine is INSANELY loud.

Try white lithium grease. three dabs equally around the diff gear...smooth and quiet.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

I have 60 weight shock oil on the gears right now, but I might as well have a 2 stroke chainsaw motor. OMFG is it noisy.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have 60 weight shock oil on the gears right now, but I might as well have a 2 stroke chainsaw motor. OMFG is it noisy.
How old are the gears?
Old 05-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
How old are the gears?
Whole car (except the motor) is funky fresh brand new, noisy from the first radio check.

I'll try grease tomorrow AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.