Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4.1 FT/WC

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rgrg2
Do the green and brown springs come in the FT B4.1 kit?
Mine did...
Old 09-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rgrg2
Do the green and brown springs come in the FT B4.1 kit?
Mine did as well. I think they all do.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am looking for the graphite steering rack. Anyone know if they still make/sell it. The current plastic rack seems to have alot more flex. Which may not be noticable on dirt but when on carpet it is.

It used to be the Factory team steering rack, I can't seem to find it.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Three quick questions...

How much toe-in/out should I start with on the B4.1?

Best way to measure it? Measure front of tires then back of tires?

Front Wheel shims? There is some play in my wheels and it looks as if they could use a shim or two on the axle before installing the wheels.

What size shim should I get?

- Jake
Old 09-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default Willing to Learn!

Sup guys, new to rctech as well as new to 1/10 buggy racing. Just picked up my first buggy a b4.1 brushless rtr with onyx 230 charger and smc 4100 lipo. I was going to with the FT but I wanted to race this past friday. Came in Third for the Sportsman class. Not bad for my rookie debut. Everybody at my local track is very knowledgeable and helpful it's actually really cool. They're all helping me with set ups and driving tips etc..

Anyway, I'm super excited for the winter season I can't wait to practice and learn my car and race in the upcoming months. SO my question is what am I missing? I've been reading and talking to people A LOT but I want to be prepared. Not just for my buggy, is there anything else you guys think I need for my pit bag and other stuff?

I got a airtronics mg servo, cvds, tires, motor spray, ca glue, and a container to clean my tires from the guys at the track.

All this stuff I got at tower:

DuraTrax Pit Tech Deluxe Car Stand Blue
RPM Small Parts Tray Magnet
Integy Ti-Nitride Hex Wrench Set (6)
Associated Ball Cup Dust Cover (28)
Associated Factory Team 4-40 Aluminum Locknut (6)
Associated Factory Team Aluminum Locknuts 8-32 (6)
Associated Silicone Shock Oil 30 Weight 2 oz
Woodworks LiPoSack 9x12"
Associated Silicone Shock Oil 35 Weight 2 oz
Associated Body Clips Metallic Blue Short (6)
Associated Universal Roll Pin T2 (4)
Associated Rear Wheel White RC10B4 (2)
Associated Front Wheel White RC10B4 (2)
Associated Caster Block 30 Degree Left & Right RC10B4
SMC LiPo 7.4V 4100mAh 24C Hard Case Deans
Associated Factory Team Aluminum Turnbuckle Wrench
Integy Tip 4-40 Wrench 0.05
Associated E-Clips 1/8 Shaft (12)
Associated Front A-Arm RC10B4 (2)
Associated Factory Team V2 1/10 Shock Rebuild (4)
Associated Rear A-Arm RC10B4 (2)
Associated Adjustable Servo Link RC10B2
Associated Hinge Pin Set RC10B4
$30 Promotional Discount
Associated Factory Team V2 .89 Threaded Shocks
Associated Factory Team V2 1.18 Threaded Shocks
Associated Factory Team Titanium Turnbuckle Kit Blue B4
Associated MIP CVD Set RC10B4
Associated Kimbrough Spur Gear 78T
Associated FT Hinge Pin Brace w/Hinge Pins B4/T4/SC10
JConcepts Illuzion Hi-Flow Clear Body RC10B4
Associated Decal Sheet RC10B4 Logo
Associated Factory Team Truck/Buggy Rear Spring Kit(10)
Associated Factory Team Buggy Front Spring Kit (8)
Associated Factory Team Locking Adhesive
Associated Universal Shim T2 (14)
Kimbrough Slipper Gear 48P 74T B4/T4/SC10
RPM Gear Cover Black B4/T4
RPM Long Shank Rod Ends (12)
$30 Promotional Discount

(Only reason I got all this stuff was the "Bill Me Later" option )

Next paycheck I'll work on a Radio, ESC and Motor.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RMKinWI
I am looking for the graphite steering rack. Anyone know if they still make/sell it. The current plastic rack seems to have alot more flex. Which may not be noticable on dirt but when on carpet it is.

It used to be the Factory team steering rack, I can't seem to find it.
AE never made the steering rack in graphite. Just the older composite from the older kits. They are still out there if you can find them. All the ones now are a new mold and material.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
AE never made the steering rack in graphite. Just the older composite from the older kits. They are still out there if you can find them. All the ones now are a new mold and material.
I disagree, FT T4 and B4's had all Graphite (composite) parts including the steering rack. Unless you mean like actual laminated graphite, then no.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

The steering rack was never carbon composite. The FT kits just included carbon composite towers and arms, front top plate and rear mount and the early versions had the chassis as well. The caster blocks, steering knuckles, rear hubs, and steering racks were still the plastic composite.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
I disagree, FT T4 and B4's had all Graphite (composite) parts including the steering rack. Unless you mean like actual laminated graphite, then no.
Originally Posted by aeRayls
The steering rack was never carbon composite. The FT kits just included carbon composite towers and arms, front top plate and rear mount and the early versions had the chassis as well. The caster blocks, steering knuckles, rear hubs, and steering racks were still the plastic composite.
I still have half a set of the graphite (The stiff brittle stuff) steering rack - So, I absolutely know they had an upgrade Factory Team graphite steering rack. The last time I purchased one was 2 years ago at my LHS. It may have been an old new stock item.

Anyways, I wish they still made them.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Weazsel
Sup guys, new to rctech as well as new to 1/10 buggy racing. Just picked up my first buggy a b4.1 brushless rtr with onyx 230 charger and smc 4100 lipo. I was going to with the FT but I wanted to race this past friday. Came in Third for the Sportsman class. Not bad for my rookie debut. Everybody at my local track is very knowledgeable and helpful it's actually really cool. They're all helping me with set ups and driving tips etc..
Welcome! You picked a great kit to get started with. Just be careful because this hobby can become a huge money pit if you don't pace yourself.

It looks like you picked up some great upgrades. My only advice is similar to the advice I give to new photographers: much like focusing your investment on lenses vs camera bodies and accessories, you'll get more for your money by picking up good electronics (servo, Tx/Rx, motor, ESC, batteries) than you will with hop-up parts. Hop-ups can be really useful, especially on certain critical areas that are under more stress, but they are also the highest-margin products that the RC vendors sell. If you continue to get more in to RC you will find yourself picking up new kits regularly and moving electronics from one kit to the next. If you decide to switch to a Cougar SV, for example, those V2 threaded shocks will be useless. That said, I also bought them for my SC10. ;-)
Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mdowney
Welcome! You picked a great kit to get started with. Just be careful because this hobby can become a huge money pit if you don't pace yourself.

It looks like you picked up some great upgrades. My only advice is similar to the advice I give to new photographers: much like focusing your investment on lenses vs camera bodies and accessories, you'll get more for your money by picking up good electronics (servo, Tx/Rx, motor, ESC, batteries) than you will with hop-up parts. Hop-ups can be really useful, especially on certain critical areas that are under more stress, but they are also the highest-margin products that the RC vendors sell. If you continue to get more in to RC you will find yourself picking up new kits regularly and moving electronics from one kit to the next. If you decide to switch to a Cougar SV, for example, those V2 threaded shocks will be useless. That said, I also bought them for my SC10. ;-)
Yeah, I hear ya about it being a money pit. In my opinion after initial purchases of equipment such as kit, radio, motor, etc... this hobby is relatively cheap compared to some others. It's also something I will always enjoy, especially now this is my first time racing. I've been in and out of this hobby for years but for some reason it always pulls me back!

Next paycheck I'm going to pay off the parts from Bill Me Later then pick up the M11. Paycheck after that I'll pay off the M11 and get esc and motor. I'm pretty much set after I pay off the esc and motor.

The only thing I believe that is left besides PRACTICE is a quality bag to hold all this stuff. Any suggestions?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Can someone tell me what this plug is for? One goes to the battery, one goes to the receiver but I'm not sure what the last one is for?

Old 09-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dave-man
Can someone tell me what this plug is for? One goes to the battery, one goes to the receiver but I'm not sure what the last one is for?

It more than likely goes to an external fan option.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are the B4 cvds the same as the B4.1s? It shows 2 different part numbers but from the pics they essentially look to be the same length etc....anyone know or have both that can compare them?
Old 09-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gitsum
Are the B4 cvds the same as the B4.1s? It shows 2 different part numbers but from the pics they essentially look to be the same length etc....anyone know or have both that can compare them?
I'll tell you in a few minutes... I just changed my black grease in my diff to silicone oil. I'm putting the diff back together then installing "B4" cvds...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.