Wiki Posts
Search

RC10B4.1 FT/WC

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huzzler
It's all speculation because someone heard Cavalaria was taking pictures of his buggy for a new box. I think it's one of those things if you truly believe in it will happen. Would be nice to see a new buggy though with all the new stuff on it.
Too bad that picture was with a Kyosho car
Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snowman_evil
Has anyone tried the Hot bodies beams (pink or red compound) on the rear? Used them on SCT front and rear and they were probably the best tire I've used IMO on the track I run on (smooth with low to medium traction and slightly dusty)

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with them?

Thanks
Beams are definately my tire of choice indoors. I just wish they would come out with a Truck tire
Old 01-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tradin Paint
Beams are definately my tire of choice indoors. I just wish they would come out with a Truck tire
Thanks for the feedback. Find they grip up well? And side bite? Do you use the inserts that come with the tires?

Also have you or anyone else tried the fullslot front tires (supposedly the tires to use with the beams rear). They both look awesome.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Anybody know a good spot to start with mode settings on lrp sxx v2 with reedy 13.5. It stock default setting is 0-3-3-0. Gearing is at 72/30 and going to play with engine timing tomorrow between 30 and 40 degrees. Don't know really what to do with mode 2,3 and 4, any help appreciated. Especially interested in feedback on drag brake mode 4.

Last edited by Cridd; 01-08-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:21 AM
PSo
Tech Rookie

What is that car on the Ae website? News about this Patrick Hofer.
It says that Patrick placed his B4.2 on TQ and his B44.2 on second.
Typo or what the heck?
Old 01-08-2013, 03:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

The picture of the car with Patrick is mid motor...
Old 01-08-2013, 04:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Typeo with and xfactory car imo
Old 01-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Pink HB Beams

I run beams too and the only thing i don't like about them is that hot bodies tires seem slightly bigger than any other tire. If you are using a open cell in the rear it will be fine since it fills the whole tire, but if you are using a closed cell, the tire is very baggy. I don't know if that is a bad thing, but it doesn't seem like it should be that way.

I use pink beams on a loose clay track that has low grip with bomb one open cells foams and i also use pink beams sanded down to slicks with aka cc foams for the high bite clay track that i go to. I bought some JC tires to sand down to try but hot bodies pink compound is very soft and does work.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

Please take a look at this from the Oople forum:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...=118344&page=3

It looks to be a B4.1 with a Vega Gen 2 conversion.

Personally I think the next AE mid motor car will be based on the CML Centro C4.1 mid motor conversion, but with composite plastic chassis, rather than aluminium.

I guess the AE news release was a typo, or a hype builder?
Big races in the UK this last weekend saw UK AE drivers all using the C4.1 as is normal over here.

Last edited by neallewis; 01-08-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: URL added
Old 01-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Tech Prophet

I would prefer that AE just make a conversion kit and leave the b4 alone. I really do not want AE dinking with the AE chassis.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I would prefer that AE just make a conversion kit and leave the b4 alone. I really do not want AE dinking with the AE chassis.
But the B4.1 platform is uncompetitive on the UK/Euro style high grip carpet and astro turf tracks. All the other 2wd platforms offer mid/rear options, just look at the new yokomo.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

A racer at my track suggested this conversion to the rear shocks on the B4.1.

We used Traxxas Slash #3768 Spring Retainers/Head Set and then Losi Springs. The ones my hobby shop had were #LOSA5129, 2" Spring, 2.9 Rate Orange. The result is show below. The Slash spacers work too in order to adjust firmness (see second photo).

Feedback? Others doing this too? Seems to work OK and there's no rubbing at all.
Attached Thumbnails RC10B4.1 FT/WC-b4.1slashlosishockconversion1.jpg   RC10B4.1 FT/WC-b4.1slashlosishockconversion2.jpg  
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by neallewis
But the B4.1 platform is uncompetitive on the UK/Euro style high grip carpet and astro turf tracks. All the other 2wd platforms offer mid/rear options, just look at the new yokomo.
yeah, a conversion for the euro guys and the normal chassis for the US. I do not believe a combo car would be better than a conversion. To satisfy everyone, it would need to be just as good or better than the Conversion kits (xfactory/c4.1) and just or good or better than the current rear motor for the US. I wont say it is impossible, but I think it is unlikely that anyone can make a convertible car that is better on both types of config. One of the configurations would be an after thought. Mostly likely with AE the Mid motor would be an after thought. The win worlds with the rear motor config. So why would their main focus be mid motor? Again, AE making a conversion kit would be better probably for all parties.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the Hot bodies beams (pink or red compound) on the rear? Used them on SCT front and rear and they were probably the best tire I've used IMO on the track I run on (smooth with low to medium traction and slightly dusty)

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with them?

Thanks
Thanks for the feedback. Find they grip up well? And side bite? Do you use the inserts that come with the tires?

Also have you or anyone else tried the fullslot front tires (supposedly the tires to use with the beams rear). They both look awesome.

Thanks!
I recently go to do a bit of carpet running with the b4.1 I picked up. Set it up per the standard setup online for big bores but used whatever piston setup mine came with and the oil recommendations of 30W rear, 35W front losi and the Kyosho front whites and gold rear springs, shorty back with one 1 spacer up front, maybe alittle thicker than normal spacer.

Anyway, the car was also setup with some HB beams in the rear and fullslots up front, pink compound I believe for both or maybe softer.

with this setup, the tires hooked up great. very controllable, quick change of direction. I did have one mishap where the screw sheered off on the shock to a-arm mount, so I had to move my shocks to the outer a-arm position and to be honest, the car actually felt a bit better.

The only thing I noticed that I may work on a bit more was that I could get the rear to step out off throttle easier than I like, but, other than that it was excellent. Loads of steering.

Also used Sticky kicks blanco compound and it really hooks up on carpet.

For electronics, I use:

- Speed Passion GT2.1 with latest mod software
- Speed Passion V3.0 Competition 8.5 motor
- JR 9100S servo
- Futaba antenna-less receiver with 4PL radio

Very happy with this setup, motor runs cool, and is very smooth. Same with ESC.

I got a box full of barcode-ish tires to try from various manufacturers, will report back next time I get to run on what works better but I think the tread patterns are great for carpet. I will also try some scrubs that came with too for the fronts.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
A racer at my track suggested this conversion to the rear shocks on the B4.1.

We used Traxxas Slash #3768 Spring Retainers/Head Set and then Losi Springs. The ones my hobby shop had were #LOSA5129, 2" Spring, 2.9 Rate Orange. The result is show below. The Slash spacers work too in order to adjust firmness (see second photo).

Feedback? Others doing this too? Seems to work OK and there's no rubbing at all.
Well you got a few things wrong. The point of getting the traxxas upper retainer and spring cups is so that you can use BIG BORE springs. That's an older standard losi spring. It woulda fit without the TRX parts.

You only need the upper retainers which will slide right onto the threaded adjuster and the bottom spring cup. Then you have to buy losi 22 springs or the avid or what I highly recommend are the new ae BB springs. I'd also just get a set of the ae BB spring cups too, much better fit than the TRX ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.