Search

Is bashing bad for a car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 444 (100%+)
Default bashing

Originally Posted by Fordy
I race and bash all the time, my advice have a track car and a bash car. I have a HPI Firestorm Flux for a basher and it hasn't let me down yet.
Dont bash just race it is way more fun.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Talking

For me, my "race only" vehicles go to the races, get thoroughly cleaned afterward, and sit on the shelf until the next race. It keeps my racing more consistent, and my race vehicles stay newer longer, so they perform better. I keep them light, fluids changed all the time, etc.
My bashers are the vehicles I run and race around "not at the track". I run them in the streets, at the rock pit next to my house, over at a buddies house, at the skate park, launch ramps, etc. I usually run the gear in them that I don't use in my race vehicles anymore. My off-road bashers are built tougher to handle more abuse for running in the unexpected-big jumps, head-on collisions with buddy's cars, the occasional smack into curbs & parked cars, etc. I load them up with plastic and aluminum protection on all sides. Weight isn't as important. I also gear then lower to get more run time out of them, and takes some of the load off my electronics. Ironically, I break more parts and spend more money on parts/gear racing. But, when stuff breaks, it's a good time to upgrade that part, if I can. if you don't crash or break it every once in a while....you aren't going fast enough!!

Last edited by HOVERBOY26; 07-21-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Suspended

Many people consider that, depending on how hard you bash, racing is actually harder on the car since it's continuous driving at a high level. Stresses out the car's components
Old 07-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

there is the type of jump over my house bashing and then there is bashing in a grass or dirt field.

big difference.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

it depends on you opinion of bashing where you may think bashing= demolition derby with my rc car or lets see if it can clear this jump where some people think bashing is meerly playing around rubbing fenders and such
Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I am a "basher" but I don't beat my vehicles at all, mostly just drive them around on grass in the park. I have also seen racers who beat the crap out of their vehicles and don't take care of them at all. Describing a vehicle as a basher or racer doesn't mean much to me, it's not objective at all, there is no standard of what bashing or racing is.

The best thing you can do is get a few detailed pictures and let those do the talking.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have two E-mp9s. One is just for big races. And the other one is for bashing and racing. My basher still wins races though even though its a year and a few months old.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by simplechamp
Describing a vehicle as a basher or racer doesn't mean much to me, it's not objective at all, there is no standard of what bashing or racing is.
uh....racing is an organized competitive event that takes place on a defined course, Bashing is everything else.

And to that end many people use a vehicle that suits their intended use, Just like you wouldn't take your full sized car paddock bashing, unless you wanted to ruin it.

Competition spec buggies are designed for the specific conditions they are run on and can be pretty useless for general use, and bashers are desinged to meet the expectations of everyone else,but wont be competitive against competition spec units on the track.

Last edited by Metla; 07-21-2010 at 02:00 PM.