Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho Lazer ZX5 FS/FS2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeckLancer
katz mcduffie when u will u guys be heading up to hrh?

ill be up friday morning
Katz is at HRH and Duffy is going either today or tomorrow morning.

Bisbee and I are going up tomorrow morning early.

Eric just got my MP9 body painted, came out pretty good.

See ya tomorrow.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone have any recent pics of Tebo's FS2?
Old 07-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

no but im here today i was talking to him for a good while. real nice guy. say his setup and the new body. that new body is nice
Old 07-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 101 (99%+)
Default HRH Shootout Info

To get this thread back to the top, I have a quick recap about the ZX5 FS/FS2 showing at the Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout. The entire Kyosho Team (USA and a few Japanese drivers), were there and contested all the popular classes. The FS2 in particular that Tebo was racing, had some trick looking big bore shocks on it

Kyosho Team racers (Katz, Mitchell, McDuffie, Bisbee and both King's) were all impressive at the event and every single one of them super helpful in getting my FS2 and SP2 setup for the blue groove track. The donuts I brought them on Sunday wasn't nearly the thanks they all deserve for their patience and parts support (BALLCUPS!!!) over 4 days of 100*+ heat and humidity... Thanks again to all of you!

I handed some of the above mentioned guys, setup sheets of which they said they will get back to me, once they can get caught back up at work/family. With most all of them racing 4+ classes, it was hectic in the pits and I know they played with setups throughout the event. In the end, all of their buggies looked amazing on the track and it showed in their results.

Keep the thread alive with your questions, tips, tricks, pics and whatever else you feel would be beneficial to FS2 thread! I know the team guys are checking in, so post up!!!

Cheers!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

can u guys post what upgrades to buy to make the fs to an fs 2?

maybe some part numbers
Old 07-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeckLancer
can u guys post what upgrades to buy to make the fs to an fs 2?

maybe some part numbers
Here you go Eric, Thanks for all the water this weekend......was it hot or what.....

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...X-5_FS2_IM.pdf

Someone posted this on the Kyosho forum which is perfect for showing all the new parts.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

anytime josh. im going to get out there a day ealier next year so i can get a better setup going. i still think i did ok for no practice and wrong setup. but i learned alot and alot about how to set it up for hrh
Old 07-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

hopefully they come out with a kit soon
Old 07-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Just ordered a ZX5 FS2 4 wheel and RB5 SP2 2 wheel to replace my Associated ride. Going to run super stock 4 wheel and stock 2 wheel. Thanks to my good friend Richard Watchorn and the whole Kyosho team at HRH Shootout this year I am heading in the right direction. Your buggies looked amazing all weekend. All of you! I finished third in super stock 4 wheel B-main. Looking into the future to better my results, I feel the best way to do this is with Kyosho. I cant wait to build and race these great cars with great people. Thanks guys!

Last edited by -WHEELMAN-; 07-23-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

I have a bunch of Pro-line rear wheels with all sorts of tires from my B4 therefor I am going to use the Kyosho Wheel Shaft For Pro-Line Wheel (RB5) .

How do you guys feel about these? I'd hate to have to buy all new wheels and tires but whats best is best. There is certinly more slop with this pin style compared to the more superior 14mm hex these cars come with. I think I should run these on my stock class RB5 and stronger 14mm hex type rear wheels on my FS2.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 101 (99%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Just ordered a ZX5 FS2 4 wheel and RB5 SP2 2 wheel to replace my Associated ride. Going to run super stock 4 wheel and stock 2 wheel. Thanks to my good friend Richard Watchorn and the whole Kyosho team at HRH Shootout this year I am heading in the right direction. Your buggies looked amazing all weekend. All of you! I finished third in super stock 4 wheel B-main. Looking into the future to better my results, I feel the best way to do this is with Kyosho. I cant wait to build and race these great cars with great people. Thanks guys!
That's what I'm talkin' bout! I'm stoked you are making the switch... Spares between the two of us will be more than plentiful now! Will pickup all the blue aluminum parts for ya Monday when I stop by Speedtech. Keep the CE power supply for me and we'll swap stuff next weekend at WCRC or OCRC. Also, I will make copies of the setup sheets for both buggies... Cheers! RW
Old 07-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Big dampers for your K buggy coming soon...

Old 07-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kentech
Big dampers for your K buggy coming soon...
Let me fix that for ya. These things are huge!! I cant wait. here's a link to another few pics and info on the Kyosho forum.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Should be awesome!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default A few progress pics of my new fs2

I figured I would post some progress pics of my fs2, I still need to pick up esc, reciever, motor, and batt, but she's almost dont, cant wait to hit the track, so here are a few pics enjoy, paint by DarkSideDesigns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.