Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
looking to buy a 2wd shortcourse truck, but which one? >

looking to buy a 2wd shortcourse truck, but which one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

looking to buy a 2wd shortcourse truck, but which one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 09:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Oh yea it was Losifeind who sold his Slash 4x4 because of parts support, and you said you shelved your Slash cause you got sick of buying axles. How soon you guys forget the only place you could get parts for the Slash was on Ebay... For months it was like this, paying outrageous prices and bitching about not being able to get parts, I can dig the post up if you would like. Not insulting just pointing that out.

Good day sir!
SaladDork out...
I'm not sure how this relates to my comments on this thread, but....okay.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
That doesn't really mean much. You can have the greatest truck ever built, but it will be useless if you can't get parts for it.
Originally Posted by blade329
I'm not sure how this relates to my comments on this thread, but....okay.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have the Blitz but I can't seem to get it dialed to get any rear traction on my track's hard packed, dusty surface. I have seen SC10's (with a lot of setup changes) that seems to stick like glue.

If you know what you're doing with setups or can get a good setup, I'd probably go with the SC10 if I had it to do over.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
I have the Blitz but I can't seem to get it dialed to get any rear traction on my track's hard packed, dusty surface. I have seen SC10's (with a lot of setup changes) that seems to stick like glue.

If you know what you're doing with setups or can get a good setup, I'd probably go with the SC10 if I had it to do over.
What tires are you running? If they're stock then that's the reason. Get a set of Pro-Line Calibers or JL Goosebumps for the rear. HUGE difference.

I'll be the one to say it. The Slash blows for racing. It's the ultimate basher but for racing it rides way too high, handles too poorly and the Titan 550 can't keep up with the SC10's Reedy 17. At least it's better than the Strike, LOL.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Oh yea it was Losifeind who sold his Slash 4x4 because of parts support, and you said you shelved your Slash cause you got sick of buying axles. How soon you guys forget the only place you could get parts for the Slash was on Ebay... For months it was like this, paying outrageous prices and bitching about not being able to get parts, I can dig the post up if you would like. Not insulting just pointing that out.

Good day sir!
SaladDork out...
Wow Who's barking up someone(s) tree?
You guys are hilarious!
Old 05-20-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Driver86

I'll be the one to say it. The Slash blows for racing. It's the ultimate basher but for racing it rides way too high, handles too poorly and the Titan 550 can't keep up with the SC10's Reedy 17. At least it's better than the Strike, LOL.
Everydently the slash doesnt blow because it wins all the time here.
In your area the sc10 might be the dominate truck. There's always
gonna be one particular truck that will be better at a certain track.
But the slash can keep winning races here.

If you set it up right it will win with the right driver.

Last edited by ???E-Racer; 05-20-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chiro972

If I get the sc10 rtr would you know what motors the esc can handle. I think this would be the easiest upgrade, besides changing the shocks and adding the rpm goodies. Or should I just get the FT team kit. I already own a FT T4. And it's not much different from the rtr version.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by ???E-Racer
Wow Who's barking up someone(s) tree?
You guys are hilarious!
He's my personal rctech stalker. He follows me from thread to thread hounding me. It's too funny. It's fun mixing it up with him, but I don't want to get off topic with the thread.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Driver86
I disagree with that. It is a good racer, but at a disadvantage from the other SC trucks (sC10, Blitz, USC) in the handling department. I'm going to be putting this to the test this weekend when I race my Slash in the RTR class at The Short Course Race at WCRC this weekend.

If you get the Pro-Trac system for it, no more disadvantage.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr fit
If I get the sc10 rtr would you know what motors the esc can handle. I think this would be the easiest upgrade, besides changing the shocks and adding the rpm goodies. Or should I just get the FT team kit. I already own a FT T4. And it's not much different from the rtr version.
IMO the FT version with the new V2 shocks, V2 slipper, and ball diff are well worth it. The carbon battery hold down alone is $29....The stock electronics in the RTR really aren't worth anything for even the average racer. IMO the new FT version comes with ALL the upgrades......might sell my highly updated SC10 just to get a new FT version
Old 05-21-2010, 11:11 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

A good driver is a good driver.

The Blitz, SC10, and kyosho SC are all good trucks for 2wd racing. They all have their pros and cons.

A good driver is a good driver

Just because you "whoop" people at your local track doesn't mean your brand of truck is superior to all others.

A good driver is a good driver
Old 05-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Initiate

its all about three things in racing:

you attitude,
your drivin skills,
and your motor. there is no way you could win against anyone with a Titan 12T if everyone else was running a VXL System. unless the VXL driver crashes every two seconds.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by racer1812
IMO the FT version with the new V2 shocks, V2 slipper, and ball diff are well worth it. :
Yep as it will be perfect for the pro SC class.
I will be getting one, but I'll still run the slash in stock class.

That a way I can run pro and stock.

The slash is better in the stock class because it always wins here.
People have stuck with the slash since it came out and never switched.
It's just the luck of the draw so to speak.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mr fit
The RTR ESC only will go 17T which is what the truck comes with. Even that must be pushing it. 3 guys (myself included) has had the stock ESC melt on them with stock motor and gearing.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by racer1812
IMO the FT version with the new V2 shocks, V2 slipper, and ball diff are well worth it. The carbon battery hold down alone is $29....The stock electronics in the RTR really aren't worth anything for even the average racer. IMO the new FT version comes with ALL the upgrades......might sell my highly updated SC10 just to get a new FT version
agree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.