Wiki Posts
Search

Short Course Racing Etiquette.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidR
Look at the big boys... The real deal. They don't play nice. I have yet to see even ONE of those trucks come off the track with ALL the body panels intact.
Did you happen to watch the first race of the 2010 season? It aired on SPEED about a week ago. A guy got black flagged for spinning out Carl Renezeder. Carl had to check up going into turn because of a pile up. A guy came in pretty hot, barely tapped Carl, he got sideways, he tapped him again...Carl had to completely turn around to get going again. Looked like just a racing incident to me...The next lap the officials black flagged the guy that bumped Carl. Guess they don't take it lightly....

That race was actually one of the best SC races I have seen. The fight for first place was awesome. All the drivers raced clean, they bump, rubbed fenders, real hard racing...nobody spun anybody out on PURPOSE. They should show that race to all RC drivers on how to race clean, and competive. Of course the SC trucks are more fun to race, because of the way they handle and but it really sucks when somebody just takes you out because they don't know how pass cleanly...how would you like it if it happend to you??? There is a difference in racing, rubbing fenders and taking somebody out...
Old 04-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Well most tracks that I have raced at everyone races nice and clean. What I think you have to understand that alot of new racers are in this class. I know at 2 of the tracks I raced at the owner would go over and explain to the new racer about being a good driver and letting the faster guy go. I think more owners should do the same. Instead of someone yelling at them on the stand because they got bumped. This sport needs more people in it and yelling at them and making them feel bad about themselves is not the way to go. One track that I raced at in the winter Bumps and Jumps in PA had a novice or sportsman class for all the new racers to race in and then a Pro class for everyone else. This worked out great the new guys had a chance to win with drivers of there own ability. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default etiquette

Originally Posted by SnoopMaxx
I have seen guys intentionally take out a less experienced driver for hitting others but one incident stands out ....

What happened was ..A new driver in our TC class kept unintentionally hitting or bumping the top drivers during a practice session
One of these top drivers said "Stop hitting others or stop driving ! ! !

When that didn't help they brought out a 1/8th scale E-onroad car and chased the new driver around the track and at the start of the straight he caught up to the new driver and pushed him 45feet W.O.T.... into the wall at the end of the straight

The TC3 car was totalled
We never saw the new guy again ..................................... ! ! !

Was that the right thing to do ??
That was just wrong. I stopped racing onroad due to a similar incident. We were running 10.5 foam TC and guys were fast and taking it real serious and weren't having much fun. Then the owner of the track and a couple other guys started getting tekins and bumping the timing up so much their cars would only run good for 3 minutes. Then their cars would lose the sauce and get blown out they couldn't even hold a line.

I stopped enjoying myself so about 6 other guys and myself made a 13.5 rubber class so we could race more laid back. Well the owner being the d-bag that he is, jumped in 13.5 rubber. Which is fine, then he would bump his timing up so sick it was like he was running mod. All the rest of us could've bumped up out timing but we were just trying to have a good time.

Well at our Roar regionals this d-bag 's car started to get loose at the 3-4 minute mark. And he ran into me from behind and tried to yell at me for it. It took all I had not to slap the crap outta him. I am a good sport and my daughter as well as other kids were there, acting violent is not cool.

Well in the next round he did the same thing except he actually broke a guys car, and didn't even apologize.

Well about 4-5 of us sold our cars and probably will never be back.

So the SC class is a welcome relief, I hope people don't make it too serious. I drove 550 miles to race in the 2010 The dirt silver state race, so that's obvious I do take short course racing seriously.. But if everyone at a club race wants to mess around it I think it's fine. When the a main comes up then we are more serious.
my 2¢
Old 04-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

YES.
I have seen guys intentionally take out a less experienced driver for hitting others but one incident stands out ....

What happened was ..A new driver in our TC class kept unintentionally hitting or bumping the top drivers during a practice session

When that didn't help they brought out a 1/8th scale E-onroad car and chased the new driver around the track and at the start of the straight he caught up to the new driver and pushed him 45feet W.O.T.... into the wall at the end of the straight

The TC3 car was totalled

Old 04-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Rookie

In the 10 years that I have been racing all classes, I have always complained about hacking, to no avail. Thus, I have learned to expect and avoid the hack.

If I see the car behind me going too fast, I just get out of the way by going wide on the turn, or just let him by. He usually crashes in the next couple of turns or jumps. Nothing else works. Complaining is just a waste of time.

If some one takes me out on purpose, I confront the person after the race. He usually doesn't do it again. I'm having a lot of fun just doing the above.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

guys short course is FUN if i wantted people whining about OH YOU TOOK ME OUT WHEN THEY TAP U i would have raced in buggy more that is just my thoughts

if you spend mor than 20 bucks to race thats when u can

sorry for caps my truck hit the caps lock haahahahaha
Old 04-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Because SC racing is meant to be something fun that everyone can just do whether you are good suck or whatever and have a laugh while doing it and get away from the up-tight whining bitches that race all of the other classes. NONE OF THE RACES MATTER! NO ONE IS GETTING PAID FOR WINNING SO GIVE IT A REST AND JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
If there are people hacking at your tracks I suggest you go talk to them, quit being such puss_ies. If they act like it's nothing and tell you to get lost, keep away from them on the track. If they still hack go talk to the race director about it. And if it still doesn't stop walk over to the persons table and threaten bodily harm. Two wrongs don't make a right but sometimes some people only listen when your hands around their twig of a neck.
its amazing what sticking a remote into someones ass can accomplish.NO ! I'm only kidding, you should never get violent. Once a warning is given the track management should take charge of the situation. All if not most reasonable people who run the tracks dont like the intentional demolition derby going on anyway. Just make your case to them and you shall see result's.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

It's like zanernator that ruin this hobby.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 04-29-2010 at 07:38 PM. Reason: watch the language
Old 04-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeLopezMartinz
It's aholes like zanernator that ruin this hobby.
No, its the people that take it too serious that ruin the hobby...

Sometimes I go to these races and the guys there remind me of the has been high school quarterback killing people in backyard football to compensate for how sad his life has turned out.

People bitching about getting spun out, or bitching at kids for not driving good, RELAX.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 04-29-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: watch the language
Old 04-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If people want to cry about the bashing in short course, then sell your trucks and buy a "racer". I love running my SC10 and having a blast cutting the track and taking other drivers out.

These trucks are so freaking slow, thanks to ROAR rules (17.5) that it is super boring unless you are rubbin' and having fun. I race my truck to have fun.

Now with my new Jammin truck, I will be pissed when people act stupid and try cutting the track when I fly by at 50+ mph. This new truck is for racing, because it is capable of being stupid fast.

I can understand people being upset when the trucks are moving at a high rate of speed, but if your "racing a 2wd 17.5 corr truck" then lighten up.

This class is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves.

We all take aim at our friend who runs a bug body on his SC10 and chase him down. I have never laughed so hard on the driver stand that I almost pissed my pants during a sc race when we were ganging up on him and having a ripping good time...man that was fun!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

If you guys protest against basic racing etiquette that much, why don't you just have a class called "elimination death match race". You basically keep racing until you are the last one on the track. No turn marshals and if you fly off course, you are out. Anything goes since you guys have such tolerances towards people that purposely take you out. An eye for an eye.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

So to summarize this thread thus far:

1: Everyone who drives SC is a hack except you....

2: ROAR ruined this class on the club level so you became a hack....

3: "I'm so good it's always the other guys fault"....

4: Rubbing is racing except when you get the short end of the stick...

5: New comers should not be allowed to race...

6: Black flag anyone who runs into me purposely or not..

I think that covers it for now....

In all seriousness if you go to an organized race even on the club level by all means have a great time. However there are other guys and gals who paid just as much to race as you did so be courteous to their fun as well.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
So to summarize this thread thus far:

1: Everyone who drives SC is a hack except you....

2: ROAR ruined this class on the club level so you became a hack....

3: "I'm so good it's always the other guys fault"....

4: Rubbing is racing except when you get the short end of the stick...

5: New comers should not be allowed to race...

6: Black flag anyone who runs into me purposely or not..

I think that covers it for now....

In all seriousness if you go to an organized race even on the club level by all means have a great time. However there are other guys and gals who paid just as much to race as you did so be courteous to their fun as well.

That pretty much sums up this thread. Well said.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidR
This is the reason I got OUT of shortcourse racing... I used to run SC as a third or fourth class just to "relax".

It really helped remind me what the hobby was supposed to be about... FUN!

People started to take it too seriously though... Half of the appeal to these things when they came out was that you could bash and bang to your hearts content and the trucks would take it with a smile.

Some of the most fun I've had in this hobby was when my buddies and I started running Velineon systems in our Slashes... Our lap times went down the toilet! But DANG!! were we having fun bashing on each other!! I mean straight PUNTING each other if we could! No "accidental" about it... If our truck broke we'd run off the stand and start chasing our buddies trucks around the track on FOOT! Just really good times.... I miss them for sure.

Look at the big boys... The real deal. They don't play nice. I have yet to see even ONE of those trucks come off the track with ALL the body panels intact.

The fact of the matter is a Short Course truck is NOT a good racer! Sure... They are FUN to "race"... But they aren't particularly good at it. They handle like butt, fly weird in the air, don't brake worth a darn... On and on and on.

If you want to "RACE" go to the more "prestegious" classes.... Mod 2 Wheel Truck, Mod 4 Wheel Buggy, Mod 2 Wheel Buggy.

Otherwise... Leave the SC class what it was supposed to be... A fun class with a good bit of rubbin' and bangin' fenders.

This is obviously just my two cents.. And I'm not bashing anybody by any means at all.. I just truly don't think the SC class was ever meant to be taken as seriously as the "open wheel" classes.
LOL!!!!!! SC *IS* a fun class - ask the 250 entries at Trackside in Milwaukee last weekend.... When was the last time you saw a 'traditional' r/c race draw that many entries??? SC is here to STAY - it IS fun, and when you have the likes of Jarod Tebo, Scott Brown, Steve Slayden, Casey Peck (need I go on?) participating it helps to 'validate' SC as the new, up and coming racing class!!!!!!!

Yes, the trucks drive kinda' funny - in a funny sorta' way..... and no, at this point, they're NOT the fastest thing on the track..... BUT, all of the top drivers with the top teams are now running SC.... When I talked briefly with Tebo last weekend, he said he was having a BLAST, the truck was fun to drivee and he was really enjoying himself.... BUT, I bet he was still more seriousl than I was! It's the coming thing - it will be bigger than it is right now.... Will it last??? Only time will tell!

The TC3 car was totalled

and we wonder why we don't have more racers than we do..... AND, I'm sure by now you know if it was the right thing to do!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.