Wiki Posts
Search

How can I make a trraxxas slash fast?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Sawyers
??? Stock on stock you will take the Pro-trac equipped slash ???

anyway...at Hotrod hobbies you may see the sc10, blitz, or kyosho get beat but come to Bullet Town and you will see the SC10 in victory lane. The real difference is the guy holding the radio. It is likely different at every track. After the slash truck and now 2 SC10 trucks no doubt the stock slash 2wd is a junk basher kit. That is why you need the Protrac set-up. Enough hop ups and I will take a slash as well over another stock truck.
You get Mindless Babble of the Week award.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

LOL...your the guy who posted "you should always be as nice as possible" back a few post. Also a basher I guess. That is ok if it is what you are into but I just told the truth about the slash.

I realize that bashing may be in your blood but don't bash on me for being honest. Take your own advice and think before you jump on someone and let your mouth run wild like that again.

Originally Posted by blade329
You get Mindless Babble of the Week award.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

He is a typical internet forum hero....likes to belittle fellow members by calling them names and trying to show that he's superior(or so he thinks) Most of the time he'll show himself to be a hypocrite.

Best to just leave him alone.....there's not much we can do to cure him.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

LOL...your the guy who posted "you should always be as nice as possible" back a few post. Also a basher I guess. That is ok if it is what you are into but I just told the truth about the slash.

I realize that bashing may be in your blood but don't bash on me for being honest. Take your own advice and think before you jump on someone and let your mouth run wild like that again.
I call it like I see it, and you were rambling. I meant be nice to people asking honest questions. The guy who started the thread wants to know how to make the Slash fast. He doesn't need to hear some guy rambling on about how bad his truck is. Or some guy telling him to do his own research.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

??? Stock on stock you will take the Pro-trac equipped slash ???

anyway...at Hotrod hobbies you may see the sc10, blitz, or kyosho get beat but come to Bullet Town and you will see the SC10 in victory lane. The real difference is the guy holding the radio. It is likely different at every track. After the slash truck and now 2 SC10 trucks no doubt the stock slash 2wd is a junk basher kit. That is why you need the Protrac set-up. Enough hop ups and I will take a slash as well over another stock truck.
No argument about driver skill being the most impotant thing in racing.

Even a stock Slash is a very forgiving rig. The price of the Protrac kit is equavalent to the small things that guys consider a "must buy" for an SC10. Consider for, example, that a set of rims come in the ProTrac kit. That's an expense that you would have with any RC car, truck, or buggy. Who doesn't throw on a competive set of tires? On top of that, the XL-5 Traxxas ESC is 100 X better than the SC10 RTR ESC...the same goes for the RTR Traxxas servo. When I was running Spec with an SC10 I used all Traxxas running gear. I also found it was cheaper to run a Protrac Slash and that at lower speeds it worked better for me. When the motors get faster I like the SC10 better but only after spending a few extra dollars. It's personal preference. At the Spec level I find the Slash to be easier to drive and based on feedback that I've had in this forum lots of people tend to agree.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The slash is slow compared to other brushless cars and short course trucks.

The slash is NOT slow compared to other brushed RTR short course trucks.
  • In fact it may be faster than the Blitz, SC10 and Ultima depending mostly on the motor. We have had a few of the Titans be VERY fast, and out pace all the RTR brushed trucks.
The slash does not have tons of suspension adjustments
  • I have all these extra holes on my other cars, which I guess is good because it reduces weight I don't see the need for more tunability and it minimizes the adjustments that confuse even the seasoned drivers. YOU CAN change shock oils, diff oil and move the battery forward or back. That's still alot of things that can be tweaked, especially for a beginner.

The slash is very forgiving with its current motor and ESC
  • Putt a faster system in does work, but the suspension and CG is not designed for that kinda speed
It is what it is, if you take an AMC Gremlin through a V8 in it, its just a fast Gremlin.

VW said "It's not how fast you go, but how well you go fast"
Old 04-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I agree that the protrac kit would help the slash. But it will need some upgrades, same as the SC10 as well. My comment was mostly about the winning truck being different at different tracks. I have seen a slash lap the field but most offen it is the SC10 around here. It is just up to what the good drivers choose I guess.

I have noticed around here that when new people get into racing at the track they show up with a Traxxas kit but after they start moving forward and get better they sell the Traxxas kit for something else. But Traxxas is good about helping to bring new people in and that is a good thing.

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
No argument about driver skill being the most impotant thing in racing.

Even a stock Slash is a very forgiving rig. The price of the Protrac kit is equavalent to the small things that guys consider a "must buy" for an SC10. Consider for, example, that a set of rims come in the ProTrac kit. That's an expense that you would have with any RC car, truck, or buggy. Who doesn't throw on a competive set of tires? On top of that, the XL-5 Traxxas ESC is 100 X better than the SC10 RTR ESC...the same goes for the RTR Traxxas servo. When I was running Spec with an SC10 I used all Traxxas running gear. I also found it was cheaper to run a Protrac Slash and that at lower speeds it worked better for me. When the motors get faster I like the SC10 better but only after spending a few extra dollars. It's personal preference. At the Spec level I find the Slash to be easier to drive and based on feedback that I've had in this forum lots of people tend to agree.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I agree that the protrac kit would help the slash. But it will need some upgrades, same as the SC10 as well. My comment was mostly about the winning truck being different at different tracks. I have seen a slash lap the field but most offen it is the SC10 around here. It is just up to what the good drivers choose I guess.

I have noticed around here that when new people get into racing at the track they show up with a Traxxas kit but after they start moving forward and get better they sell the Traxxas kit for something else. But Traxxas is good about helping to bring new people in and that is a good thing.
+1. Can't argue with this statement.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

........just follow the SC10 in front of you
Old 04-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

If you're talking about racing on a track, practice, practice, practice will make all the difference. You can buy all the fastest stuff but if you're not a smooth driver all you will do is wreck and get frustrated.