Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by annonymous
how to make a slash fast?

buy a blitz

JK
Originally Posted by JColeman
+1
HPI trolls say Blitz, AE fanboys would say SC10.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

sell your slash, wait til june and buy the ft sc10
Old 04-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yosh70
If WoW is taking up too much of your time, then maybe its time to take a break and learn a little more by reading....the internet is a great tool to help you out but its not going to actually perform the task at hand. You have to give a little too.
obviously not my business but why are you hating this guy so much?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:29 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
He's trying to compensate for his SPS small penis syndrome
Old 04-07-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Probably because he came in here and asked the question that most 12 year olds ask about RC cars. "How fast can it go?" (OK, he asked how to make a slash fast so he can beat the other guys at the track, but same deal)

The question is stupid. It shows a complete lack of knowledge and if he really is going to race on a track (especially if it's offroad) then the question is particularly stupid. We've all seen the kid who's mommy and daddy buy him a car and the fastest motor out there and he puts it on the track and can't drive and then bitches about what a piece of crap the car is.

If you want to go fast, learn to drive. I'd personally choose another truck, but even with the slash, just learn to drive. Once you have some real experience under your belt and you realize that making your car fast doesn't translate to good lap times, then you can worry about improving the car.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by annonymous
how to make a slash fast?

buy a blitz

JK

That's not actually a joke.. it's fact. The blitz way out classes the slash, indoors and outdoor the slashes just get in the way as you lap them. Don't get me wrong they are tanks and great bashers expecially for a new kid learning to drive but if you want to beat your friends on a track get a blitz.

my2c
Old 04-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a maxxed out 2wd slash. Best plan is the following:

Motor:
VXL or Sidewinder 4600: The VXL on 3s is about the same as the 4600 on 2s. The VXL is a nice system and should do wonders but will always leave you wanting a little more. The Sidewinder is more then fine, no need for a Pro or a Max. my friend got a 5600 and it was to much for the truck.

Gearing:
I race it with a 16T or 17T pinion and 86t Spur depending on the track. Then go to a 20T or 21T and an 86 spur to flat out haul ass.

Suspension:
The Pro-line kit is the best, most affordable way to go for the Slash. $55 gets you just about everything. I have run stock, big bore and now the Pro-Line shocks. I highly recomend the Pro-Line's, they rock. I wouldn't waist time or money on the stockers. The big bores will do just fine for you and they run about $45 for all 4.

Tires:
The stockers and Switches suck. Grab some street tires if you are running on pavement or some Calibers. The Pro-Line kit comes with rims.

From there it is all choice and preference. New LCG chassis, turnbuckles ect all help the performance but the combo's above should get you right in there as far as speed and handling goes. hope it helps.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

The question in my mind is why a Slash? Is it a 4WD Slash? Do you plan to race or just have fun bashing around? Many people on this forum are willing to help if you provide enough information. The jabs and attacks are because the question and details are not enough.

If you plan to race 2WD SCT get a SC10, Blitz, Ultima SC

If you plan to Bash get a 4WD Slash

If you don't have enough $$$ get a 2WD Slash.

What surface do you plan to drive on? How much money are you willing to spend? How fast do you want to go? What equipment do you already have?
Old 04-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
That's not actually a joke.. it's fact. The blitz way out classes the slash, indoors and outdoor the slashes just get in the way as you lap them. Don't get me wrong they are tanks and great bashers expecially for a new kid learning to drive but if you want to beat your friends on a track get a blitz.

my2c
that's why its funny. . . . .

anyway the slash is awesome, and is built well with quality, but is not a full propose race truck, so don't get that, it trades speed with forgivingness and simplicity . . . . . a slash held the track record at my LHS for the longest time! not a single blitz or suck10 could touch them
Old 04-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

There you guys go again....dogging the Slash. Its a capable rig, don't underestimate it. I have SC10s and Slashs and stock on stock I'll take a Protrac equipped Slash any day. I'll agree the original question is a little silly but whatever....cut the guy a break. I would recommend getting one of the newer LRP, Castle, or Tekin ESC's with the turbo/boost functionality. That way you can run a 13.5, or even a 17.5 and still have it run like it has a 10.5 in it....which is too fast for most on the track anyway. That's sort of everyones point. Anything more than a 13.5 and the normal guy would probably get slower and anything more than 10.5 is quite a handful for anything 2wd.

Just my .02

PS: all you haters bring your Blitz, SC10, or Kyosho SC to HotRod Hobbies and run in the Spec class....unless you are really good you will get stomped, I'll put money on it. In the open classes it's anybodys race but not in good ol' Spec....come and get it suckers.

Last edited by QDRHRSE; 04-07-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I dont know how you're reading my reply as hateful.....its more like get up and try a little harder and maybe help yourself. We cant do it for him.

If you look at his other posts, you'll maybe understand better.

Originally Posted by JColeman
He's trying to compensate for his SPS small penis syndrome
Really? Never heard about that......you know about that kinda stuff?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro F150
Next week is my birthday so im getting a traxxas slash. I know they go 30 mph but how can I make it go fast so I can beat the other guys on the track?
Ignore some of the clowns on this thread. You want to make the Slash go faster? I'm assuming you are talking about the 2wd Slash, correct? Remember, though practice practice and more practice will get you better. Consistency will get you farther than speed.

Motor/ESC:

If you are just a casual racer, then just get the Traxxas Velineon XL-3s System. It has plenty of power, waterproof, and is pretty reliable. If you are going to be more serious, and willing to spend, I would say get a Tekin RS ESC with a 13.5 or 10.5 motor. Although, 10.5 is pretty tough to handle for a 2wd.

Suspension:

If you can swing it, get the Pro-Line Pro Trac system. It will really put the Slash on par with the Blitz and SC10 as far as handling.

Tires:

Pro-Line Bow-Ties are the top SC tire right now.

Batteries:

Very important. You can have the best motor, but it wont mean jack without the juice to power it. If you can afford to, go with the lipo batteries. You will need the proper charger though and an understanding how it works. If not, a good 7-Cell Nihm will get you by just fine.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

It's because he is a jack@ass. You should always try and be as nice as possible to newbies or people asking questions. The last thing you want to do is scare away the new people. That's death to this hobby. Some jack@asses just can't figure that out.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

??? Stock on stock you will take the Pro-trac equipped slash ???

anyway...at Hotrod hobbies you may see the sc10, blitz, or kyosho get beat but come to Bullet Town and you will see the SC10 in victory lane. The real difference is the guy holding the radio. It is likely different at every track. After the slash truck and now 2 SC10 trucks no doubt the stock slash 2wd is a junk basher kit. That is why you need the Protrac set-up. Enough hop ups and I will take a slash as well over another stock truck.

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
There you guys go again....dogging the Slash. Its a capable rig, don't underestimate it. I have SC10s and Slashs and stock on stock I'll take a Protrac equipped Slash any day. I'll agree the original question is a little silly but whatever....cut the guy a break. I would recommend getting one of the newer LRP, Castle, or Tekin ESC's with the turbo/boost functionality. That way you can run a 13.5, or even a 17.5 and still have it run like it has a 10.5 in it....which is too fast for most on the track anyway. That's sort of everyones point. Anything more than a 13.5 and the normal guy would probably get slower and anything more than 10.5 is quite a handful for anything 2wd.

Just my .02

PS: all you haters bring your Blitz, SC10, or Kyosho SC to HotRod Hobbies and run in the Spec class....unless you are really good you will get stomped, I'll put money on it. In the open classes it's anybodys race but not in good ol' Spec....come and get it suckers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.