Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric vs Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 01:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by TambokGT
what is that? I've been running nitro for almost 10 years and I haven't used a neutrolizer-moisturizer.
That's what I wanted to know.
dylan-d said we needed to use it or the nitro will eat our cars.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:12 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Skoob
What do you guys think is better for jumping shit?
I would prefer to drive around that stuff....just in case you mess up the jump and land in the middle of it!!!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Default Skoob

Meaningless cursing has no place on a public toy car message board.

Clean it up.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by PSI Racing
dylan-d said we needed to use it or the nitro will eat our cars.
No, no, no, I didn't say that
Old 04-29-2004, 08:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Forgot to mention: I'm very new to RC, I've never used a nitro car. I really wouldn't know what to do as far as tuning the engine, makeing fine adjustments, and I'd definitely be in trouble if I had to take it apart. Are there any online faq's that explain this stuff? I've searched for some, but couldn't find any.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think he made that up.. marvel oil is the shiz.. 10 drops and bam.. takes about 5 seconds.. one time I hurt my back adding after run oil into my engine.. it is tough.. makes me work up a sweat in that 5 seconds.. oh.. and man.. tuning.. sheesh.. don't get me started.. it takes a couple tanks to tune it properly.. like a whole 10 minutes.. I might as well shoot myself.. so, I put about 30 minutes a year into each engine.. besides running it and having a blast for many many hours.. and having no worries.. gee.. it's tough running nitro.. it takes me 60 seconds to blow off my car after running.. what a nightmare.. that is just too long of time.. and waay to diffictult..

bottom line is.. don't knock nitro if you just are ignorant about it.. the first step should have been asking for assistance and gaining knowledge from that.. because once you understand everything.. it is the most laid back fun racing.. assuming we are talking offroad
Old 04-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

You make nitro sound so easy Are you confident that a newcomer, with no experince with nitro, can keep a nitro car in good, working order?

It just seems, from what I've read on here, that it does require more maintenance and that things seem to break (I'm talking motor and tranny) easier on nitro cars. And if I kill a nitro motor, it sets me back a hundred or more bucks. Whereas an electric motor is only like $50.

I have a question about runtime. People keep saying like 5 min runtime with eletric, is this true? I'd like to get at least 10 minutes. I plan on getting (if I go electric) a T4 or XXX-T and some 6cell 3000mah sort packs. Can I expect 10 minutes of runtime per charge?

Last edited by dylan-d; 04-29-2004 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dylan-d
No, no, no, I didn't say that
Try again, you did say it.
Look close to the bottom of your post.
"the whole car needs to be cleaned with nitro neutralizer to keep the nitro from eating the car."

This is what a friend said about Nitro:

"these engines are super picky about tuning...you have to buy a temp gun, and constantly monitor the temperature of the engine....give yourself about a months learning curve before you can actually drive it without it overheating and stalling constantly.

Afterwards, the plug needs to be removed, and the inside of the engine treated with a rust inhibitor, moisture displacer. the whole car needs to be cleaned with nitro neutralizer to keep the nitro from eating the car. I thought that nitro was gonna be all fun and games too.

Dude, im serious...go electric."

Comments? Is this the norm with nitro?
Old 04-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Forgot to mention: I'm very new to RC, I've never used a nitro car. I really wouldn't know what to do as far as tuning the engine, makeing fine adjustments, and I'd definitely be in trouble if I had to take it apart. Are there any online faq's that explain this stuff? I've searched for some, but couldn't find any.
Nitro is a lot of fun.
The best thing for you to do is have someone that knows what they're doing help you out.
Once you get the hang of things, there's nothing like it.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by warpig
I think he made that up.. marvel oil is the shiz.. 10 drops and bam.. takes about 5 seconds.. one time I hurt my back adding after run oil into my engine.. it is tough.. makes me work up a sweat in that 5 seconds.. oh.. and man.. tuning.. sheesh.. don't get me started.. it takes a couple tanks to tune it properly.. like a whole 10 minutes.. I might as well shoot myself.. so, I put about 30 minutes a year into each engine.. besides running it and having a blast for many many hours.. and having no worries.. gee.. it's tough running nitro.. it takes me 60 seconds to blow off my car after running.. what a nightmare.. that is just too long of time.. and waay to diffictult..

bottom line is.. don't knock nitro if you just are ignorant about it.. the first step should have been asking for assistance and gaining knowledge from that.. because once you understand everything.. it is the most laid back fun racing.. assuming we are talking offroad

We shouldn't be too hard on the newbies.
We were all rookies at one point.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

You make nitro sound so easy Are you confident that a newcomer, with no experince with nitro, can keep a nitro car in good, working order?

It just seems, from what I've read on here, that it does require more maintenance and that things seem to break I'm talking motor and tranny) easier on nitro cars. And if I kill a nitro motor, it sets me back a hundred or more bucks. Whereas an electric motor is only like $50.

I have a question about runtime. People keep saying like 5 min runtime with eletric, is this true? I'd like to get at least 10 minutes. I plan on getting (if I go electric) a T4 or XXX-T and some 6cell 3000mah sort packs. Can I expect 10 minutes of runtime per charge?
If you're serious about racing, both nitro and electric require extensive maintenance.
Just how much maintenance is up to you.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by PSI Racing
Try again, you did say it.
Look close to the bottom of your post.
"the whole car needs to be cleaned with nitro neutralizer to keep the nitro from eating the car."
Read the beginning of my post, I was quoting someone

If you're serious about racing
I don't plan on racing at all. Just backyard bashing ect.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

I started 1 year 5 months ago knowing NOTHING! Now I can tear down my truck ( nitro MT) and rebuild just about everything in part of an afternoon.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Corvette, did you manage to ruin any engines or other parts from you lack of knowledge in the beginning?

Also, do you like your HPI? If I get a nitro, I'll either get an MT2 or a T-maxx. Does the MT make a good all around basher?
Old 04-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Read the beginning of my post, I was quoting someone

I don't plan on racing at all. Just backyard bashing ect.

When I said you said it, I was talking about you posted it.
For bashing, electric is fine.
The thing you have to be careful of with electric is battery care.
Sorry for being so hard on you earlier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.