Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Potoczak
I cant believe more guys aren't breaking c hubs, almost every time i go out i break a chub. I'm a pretty good driver, mostly just tap a pipe a little and it breaks.. I'm down to my last set, so after that the buggy sits till they come off back order..
Funny you mention this. I just machined one out of aluminum and I'll do the other tomorrow. I have machined shock towers as well. Next I'll wok on the rear hubs. It still handles great w/ the extra weight and now is darn near bullet proof. I love driving it w/o worry. It's my most durable track car.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nolimit208
Might just order this:
http://www.rcshox.com/durango-gearbox-fix/

You can drill mount holes on current gear box further in from the current ones and it eliminates the break (just have to dremel a little off the out casing by the idler gears).. I actually snapped a ti stud and cant get it out so thinkin of ordering something like above because if the stud breaks you can easily remove it.

pic u can see what I mean for drilling, but the pic is of a new GB design
I have been using this for over a year in my buggy and have only broke 1 in that 1 year, to me, that's pretty darn good...
Originally Posted by KH
I don't recommend that. A few guys at my track tried a Delrin one before the tresrey was available and they didn't last a day.
Only the spacer is delrin, not the bracket.

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
+1.
The Tresrey is much more durable. Have yet to break a Tresrey. Broke 7 of the others. Yes, 7. And I'm not the worst driver in the world.
How on earth have you broken 7??!! Wtfudge?!

Originally Posted by Oasis
What kinda tracks are you guys running on? I have had zero breakage problems..I'm on month #7 on my diff and that's racing 1 to 2 times a week.. And it's still butter smooth.. B-Fast diffs are great!
Yeah, I don't get how some of you guys are breaking so much.....
Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey guys, I just got an email from Tower that my back ordered steering knuckle sets (c hubs) have shipped. Should be able to order them within a day or so if you can't already.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
Hey guys, I just got an email from Tower that my back ordered steering knuckle sets (c hubs) have shipped. Should be able to order them within a day or so if you can't already.
+1 My LHS just ordered me 2 sets from Great Planes.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I have been using this for over a year in my buggy and have only broke 1 in that 1 year, to me, that's pretty darn good...

I know....I'm not above crashing....guess I've been lucky
Old 02-08-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow, I'm glad I ordered a set of almost everything that could break on this car while it was all still in stock! The first time I broke my dex at the track I was lucky enough to be able to bum a part from another racer. If that one guy hadn't been there I'd have been screwed. That night I went home and ordered everything I thought I could break from amain.

Of course I didn't think of everything, because a few weeks ago I broke my steering rack during signups and didn't have a car to race that day I bought a nice aluminum one to replace it.

Two weeks ago I broke a rear tower during a main (second broken tower of the season). The CF tower I ordered that night just showed up yesterday and looks pretty trick on my dex
Old 02-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Potoczak
I cant believe more guys aren't breaking c hubs, almost every time i go out i break a chub. I'm a pretty good driver, mostly just tap a pipe a little and it breaks.. I'm down to my last set, so after that the buggy sits till they come off back order..
I can't believe it either! I'm in the same boat as you; I consider myself very lucky if I leave the track without breaking at least one C-Hub Like you, I am not the best driver out there, but I am certainly not close to the bottom of the pack. They usually break off little bumps into the pipe or land a little sideways, it is the only part I have broken in a very long time. There are probably 6-8 other guys with DEX210's and they say they've never (or very rarely) break them

I even swapped back to my stock ball studs and cups from my Lunsford set in hopes I'd just pop a cup if there was too much force, but no luck. This particular parts tree seems like a weaker type of plastic and doesn't look like it would benefit from boiling the parts. Does anyone boil these parts and notice a difference?

I have 2 sets coming from Hobbico (warranty claim), 5 on back order at Tower, and will be getting the Aluminum RDRP ones ASAP.

Neil
Old 02-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

FINALLY.....

http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...0mmChassis.jpg
Old 02-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Wonder what the up charge is for that extra 10mm? I would be all over it if it was more towards the pricing of the BCE chassis.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default c hubs

hey guys i am looking for just the left c hub on the front? i keep breaking the left!!
i have two rights if there is anyone who would want to swap? sell?
thanks
Rob
Old 02-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MacLean
I can't believe it either! I'm in the same boat as you; I consider myself very lucky if I leave the track without breaking at least one C-Hub Like you, I am not the best driver out there, but I am certainly not close to the bottom of the pack. They usually break off little bumps into the pipe or land a little sideways, it is the only part I have broken in a very long time. There are probably 6-8 other guys with DEX210's and they say they've never (or very rarely) break them

I even swapped back to my stock ball studs and cups from my Lunsford set in hopes I'd just pop a cup if there was too much force, but no luck. This particular parts tree seems like a weaker type of plastic and doesn't look like it would benefit from boiling the parts. Does anyone boil these parts and notice a difference?

I have 2 sets coming from Hobbico (warranty claim), 5 on back order at Tower, and will be getting the Aluminum RDRP ones ASAP.

Neil
If you loosen off the servo saver on the steering it should help. I was looking at the design and it's really easy to overtighten it and "lock" it up. If you run a good metal gear servo it won't be the weak link in the chain so something else has to give when you tap something.

Sean
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 AM
KH
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
if I never ran at my home track where it's very tacky and sometimes bumpy and having high speed areas and jumps, I would agree with you. At the pace the top guys are carrying here, your car can randomly flip and tumble at anytime. Or you could land slightly wrong off a high speed jump into a very tacky and bumpy area and it can snap parts like its nothing.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Raul Garcia;11789821]FINALLY.....

http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...0mmChassis.jpg[/QUOTE

raul chk this out
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...hread-675.html
tresrey will be around 140-160$ i will be selling them around 70$ canadian dollars
chk my picture of the P68+10
pete68

Last edited by pete68; 02-08-2013 at 07:38 AM. Reason: missing info
Old 02-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Which body does everyone recommend running? Just picked up a 210 and need to get one sprayed with my color scheme. Thanks
Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Wonder what the up charge is for that extra 10mm? I would be all over it if it was more towards the pricing of the BCE chassis.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...hread-675.html
CHK MY picture of the P68+10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.