Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

body i just painted for a friend

Old 01-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone know of a place that has the steering knuckle hub set in stock?? I need casters in a bad way. I dont want to miss a month of racing.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jacked103
body i just painted for a friend

I like it..
Old 01-13-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

I will be posting pictures shortly. Currently we have some Durango Sponsored Drivers that will be running the chassis and have worked in the development of the chassis.

To answer some questions that has been received:

You can use the plastic spacer block from the Plastic Chassis.

We will be releasing Aluminum spacer blocks for both the +8 and +10 DEX210 versions.

We just finished the design to offer a +10 DEX210 chassis as well. This will also be made of 7075 Aluminum.

We are in the works currently to make DEST Chassis but that will be a couple months until they are available.

We do have a website (under construction) which will have photo of the chassis, etchedrc . com

and on facebook at facebook.com / etchedrc
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Czechexican
Anyone know of a place that has the steering knuckle hub set in stock?? I need casters in a bad way. I dont want to miss a month of racing.
In Australia, http://www.redstarhobbies.com/produc...e-hub-set.html
Old 01-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I started building my DEX210 this past weekend and I just wanted to throw out some thoughts. I feel like this is a therapy session.

First of all - Let me vent. For starters I find it completely unacceptable that this buggy has been out for as long as it has and there are still manuals being printed / sent out that have errors in them. I was cross referencing the print manual to the online manual and making corrections in the manual, but eventually I just quit and used the online manual exclusively.

Second complaint on the manual - it is amazingly weak. No "baseline" set up to work from or baseline components to use. My head was spinning after assembling the front end and rear hubs, trying to figure out / determine what set up would be best for my track and driving. Big ups to TD for their website...more on that later. I think there should be a standard/baseline set up listed in the manual. Every single vehicle I've owned in the past has a baseline / general set up to work from.

Finally this build is taking a LONG time. Holy crap!!! I've built a lot of kits in the past and I don't remember any of them being this tedious. The majority of the time it feels like I'm looking for parts instead of actually building.

Enough negative...thanks for letting me vent.

On the positive side, as stated major props to TD for the resources on their website. There is a ton of information on there. I would like the set up stuff to be in the manual but I digress...great website, TONS of info. Watched the diff build video and will reference that during the build for sure.

Secondly, this buggy is built like a tank!! It's heavy, but I don't mind if that means durability. I love the precision on everything. There is no slop in the arms, hubs, etc. Very impressed with the fit and finish. I hope the rest of the build shows such incredible fit and finish.

I am getting nervous though as a friend of mine has been through three rear shock towers in just a handful of races. I'm going to try to build an aluminum brace for the tower to strengthen it. Either that or I will need to pony up for a CF tower. I'm getting very excited to race this buggy but I don't think that will be in the cards for this weekend at the rate the build is going. Hopefully the following weekend will allow some wheel time.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 PM
ekt
Tech Master

One fix that will reduce chance of breaking towers is to put 1mm spacers between the tower and transmission case. Generally the towers break on the side where the motor mount is, by flexing into it during crashes.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ekt
One fix that will reduce chance of breaking towers is to put 1mm spacers between the tower and transmission case. Generally the towers break on the side where the motor mount is, by flexing into it during crashes.
NICE! Thanks! After looking back at the pictures my buddy sent me all of his broken on the motor mount side.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Edit

Last edited by zipperfoot; 12-15-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Edit

Last edited by zipperfoot; 12-15-2019 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
I used the manual to build my dex210 and dest210 and survived the build just fine. Lets face it, most rc manuals suck. Most are translated from another language, and the pictures are terrible. But if you have built many kits, you should be using common sense and online resources to stay up to date, and learn tips and tricks for the build.
I agree on all points, however the manual shouldn't be there to merely "survive" the build.

As far as shock towers, i broke two after bad crashes, but have not broken any since. Track conditions (say a large triple or off camber jumps) and user error are usually the reason anything breaks.
The track we race at is very hard on equipment. I recently switched from a Team C EVO because I was tired of braking front chassis plates. I'm just hoping I'm not swapping one issue for another by switching brands.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Not true at all. I have had other parts break or wear out way before the outdrives.

So one person wears out their outdrives and all of a sudden it becomes an issue. Very frustrating to those of us who go months without any issues. The buggy is very durable. For example, I built my Durango diff 3 or 4 months ago, and it's still buttery smooth. What other brand can say that? It is a quality buggy.
Dude, chill. Why so defensive? I bought a 210 because I love the 410 so much and I just got it. I have heard this from several people, so it's not just one person. I was just asking what everyone else is finding for information, not to attack your like for this vehicle.

Maybe you are running stock, these guys were running mod. Every vehicle out there has a weak point, they just do. I heard about this, so i asked.

Someone got up on the grumpy side of the bed
Old 01-14-2013, 03:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the big rc
Dude, chill. Why so defensive? I bought a 210 because I love the 410 so much and I just got it. I have heard this from several people, so it's not just one person. I was just asking what everyone else is finding for information, not to attack your like for this vehicle.

Maybe you are running stock, these guys were running mod. Every vehicle out there has a weak point, they just do. I heard about this, so i asked.

Someone got up on the grumpy side of the bed
IMO the only weak point on this car is the kit ballcups, unfortunatly they're a unique size and the ballstud needs to be replaced as well. And before the few guys come on here and say "you're building them wrong", have you looked at a pic of Jorn's car recently? yeah, they're not Durango ballcups on his car anymore either
Old 01-14-2013, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I run the stock cups, but I have boiled them and replace them if they pop off more than a couple of times.

There has been an update in plastics and there is another batch that have been out for a while.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onekiwi
I run the stock cups, but I have boiled them and replace them if they pop off more than a couple of times.

There has been an update in plastics and there is another batch that have been out for a while.
new one's other than the HD ones? either way I'm not going back to durango cups, ever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.