Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Atomic, that is exactly the follow up I used.

I added a bunch of toe out and was then able to use the 3-1 axle inserts with 3mm behind the c-hub. Car was much better handling for me.

Not sure why it is rubbing for you. Mine is very close but does rub at full lock unless I push on the rim. Are you using JC rims?

Have you tried running 4-0 with the shims? That will take some steering out of the car, but it should give you more clearance for the rim to the arm.

I do run a little toe out on the car.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Atomicsickness
Not sure why it is rubbing for you. Mine is very close but does rub at full lock unless I push on the rim. Are you using JC rims?

Have you tried running 4-0 with the shims? That will take some steering out of the car, but it should give you more clearance for the rim to the arm.

I do run a little toe out on the car.
Yes Jconcepts wheels.

4-0 would pull the wheel backwards right? And that would put it closer to the arm/screw wouldn't it?
Old 09-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yes Jconcepts wheels.

4-0 would pull the wheel backwards right? And that would put it closer to the arm/screw wouldn't it?
It will push the hub forward. That would move the centerline of the the wheel forward 1mm and away from the front edge of the arm.

Not sure if that will work for you but it is worth a shot.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

My bad. You meant shims, not inserts. Yea I'm with you now. Yea I tried 4-0 shims with the 3-1 insert and had lock up still.

Last night, race day, I tried 2-2 shims and 2-2 inserts but still had contact. But 3-1 shims and 2-2 inserts had clearance.

Last edited by air8; 10-02-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

ehhh. maybe fiddle around with your links and trim/expo of your transmitter. ;-)
Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

For doing the hex mod, I had to space the Kyosho axle 6mm out AND use Kyosho wheels. We measured four different types of wheels to find the best ones for clearance.

Not sure how that affects the car overall but it's feeling good on the track now I can use different tires. Last night I glued up one set of tires on the stock rims just so I could race. But all good now, I can use my hex wheels.

Last edited by air8; 10-02-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I thought you guys might find this "funny". I converted my 210 to race on our local dirt oval. Changed from 3 gear rear motor to 4 gear mid motor, one spring stiffer on the front shocks and added a EDM body.
All of the cars racing in the class are dedicated oval cars from Custom Works or HyperDrive. The first night I qualified for the A main and finished 4th overall. I think I could have won it or got second if I'd had a little more horsepower. The leaders were pulling me down the straight a bit.

Who says Durango can't do oval?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys, in the DEX210 video in the Team Durango website, at 58 seconds, it shows the front end "tilting down/up" to show "easy access". My question is, easy access to do what? All that tilting would do is allow another way to access the steering section. But I can do that as well just by popping 2 screws out that hold the servo.

Thoughts?

http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dex210/
Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

IDK, but I broke my steering servo case yesterday. Is it possible to use the rubber servo mounts in the 210? Not sure if that will help or not.

I also wish Durango would've designed some adjustment so the servo mount screws could be set in the center of the tabs.

Last edited by air8; 10-02-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:21 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand
Hey guys, in the DEX210 video in the Team Durango website, at 58 seconds, it shows the front end "tilting down/up" to show "easy access". My question is, easy access to do what? All that tilting would do is allow another way to access the steering section. But I can do that as well just by popping 2 screws out that hold the servo.

Thoughts?

Maybe they are referring to bulkhead swaps, replacing broken plastic ones/swapping between aluminium/brass.

IDK, but I broke my steering servo case yesterday. Is it possible to use the rubber servo mounts in the 210? Not sure if that will help or not.

I also wish Durango would've desinged some adjustment so the servo mount screws could be set in the center of the tabs.
I use the rubber grommets on mine without issues.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand

Thoughts?

I've been trying to figure that out since day 1, the only thing you get extra access to is the bellcranks which should never need to be touched, maybe to swap racks quicker as they know they were weak?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcjunky1
I've been trying to figure that out since day 1, the only thing you get extra access to is the bellcranks which should never need to be touched, maybe to swap racks quicker as they know they were weak?
No, they wouldn't "design" for the rack to be weak... At least one would hope not.

The only thing that I can think of is if someone has "multiple" front end setups and wants to swap among them easily. Quite expensive if you ask me. But if this were true, then one would only have to undo 6 sets of screws and 2 ballcups.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would speculate they showed the complete front bulkhead pivoting on the side screws to illustrate just how accessable everything up there really is.

6 screws, 2 ballstuds and the whole front end comes off with out messing with the steering? I'm impressed!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tdiddy
I would speculate they showed the complete front bulkhead pivoting on the side screws to illustrate just how accessable everything up there really is.

6 screws, 2 ballstuds and the whole front end comes off with out messing with the steering? I'm impressed!
Unless I have 5 different complete front end setups that I can swap in/out easily, I see absolutely no gain for us "peasants". I don't even think pros have 2 or more easily-swappable-frontend-setups. So I'm thinking this was for useless marketing. Kind of like "Siri", you think it's wicked cool, but never really use it after a while.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I also wish Durango would've desinged some adjustment so the servo mount screws could be set in the center of the tabs.
A Kimbrough medium servo saver will fix that problem. The pros might be able to afford running without a servo saver, but I've learned the hard way my barely average driving skills require there to be at least some give in the steering assembly on open wheel cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.