Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would like to but some spare CirClips/Snap Rings for the ball diff.

Can anyone direct me to ones that will work? I have seen links where you can buy like a 100 for cheap but can't find it.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default New paint for 2012

Old 01-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Really nice paint. I like the design. I'd be worried the black parts will make it too hard to see on the track.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Sweet looking paint job Chris!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

That is a really killer paint job...I like it a lot!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by netmaster
I would like to but some spare CirClips/Snap Rings for the ball diff.

Can anyone direct me to ones that will work? I have seen links where you can buy like a 100 for cheap but can't find it.

Here is Stainless Steel http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...ex?sku=4115535

and regular steel http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...l.ex?sku=35200
Old 01-05-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HSLD
Can you tell me who makes those offset turnbuckles in the pic?

Not sure which pic you are talking about, but if you are talking about the rear inner ballcups on the 210, JConcepts make some but you need to change the ball studs out as they wont work with the stock Durango ball studs.

If assembled correctly though, the stock 210 ballcups are fine. I've had no issues with my ballcups.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing
If assembled correctly though, the stock 210 ballcups are fine. I've had no issues with my ballcups.
OR... like some of us... you could assemble them perfectly just like the other two dozen RC cars you have built owned and raced over the last 25 years, and they could pop off at the slightest bump.

Also FYI, unless you are running long rear wheel base, you don't need a curved ball cup for the inner rear turnbuckle.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Anybody see an issue with using this for my thrust bearing. Its a bargain since it comes with two...

http://www.heliguy.com/Electric-RC-H...hrust-Bearing/
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Anybody see an issue with using this for my thrust bearing. Its a bargain since it comes with two...

http://www.heliguy.com/Electric-RC-H...hrust-Bearing/
I see them locally for $5 us

http://www.rcboca.com/align-f3-8m-th...-450se-v2.html
Old 01-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
OR... like some of us... you could assemble them perfectly just like the other two dozen RC cars you have built owned and raced over the last 25 years, and they could pop off at the slightest bump.

Also FYI, unless you are running long rear wheel base, you don't need a curved ball cup for the inner rear turnbuckle.
LOL Brandon....... I hear ya, I just dont think its necessary for people to think they have to automatically buy different ballcups and studs when there are plenty of people that have had absolutely no problems with them. They just need to know that the stock ones CAN work and there's a good possibility that they will work. Patrick is the only one that I know of that switched his ballcups out because of problems...every other 210 that races at SDRC has the stock ballcups still.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

LOL Brandon....... I hear ya, I just dont think its necessary for people to think they have to automatically buy different ballcups and studs when there are plenty of people that have had absolutely no problems with them. They just need to know that the stock ones CAN work and there's a good possibility that they will work. Patrick is the only one that I know of that switched his ballcups out because of problems...every other 210 that races at SDRC has the stock ballcups still.
I think this ball cup debate should go to the polls. Lets vote on it. I myself switched to Losi's.... The Durango ball cups are nice but if you ever pop 1, your done. lol
Old 01-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TAMAK
I think this ball cup debate should go to the polls. Lets vote on it. I myself switched to Losi's.... The Durango ball cups are nice but if you ever pop 1, your done. lol
I got sent into a wall a near full speed....broke the rear arm and the ballcups were still connected....wheel/hub was hanging by the turnbuckle assembly.

I've had one inner ball cup pop when I landed at a severe angle onto the rear wheel and you could hear it pop (sounded like something broke), had a hard time putting it back on....still is on, and even after some good tumbles hasnt popped off again.

If you want to spend your money on a "hop-up" that's probably not even necessary, then so be it. I like mine just fine
Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I got sent into a wall a near full speed....broke the rear arm and the ballcups were still connected....wheel/hub was hanging by the turnbuckle assembly.

I've had one inner ball cup pop when I landed at a severe angle onto the rear wheel and you could hear it pop (sounded like something broke), had a hard time putting it back on....still is on, and even after some good tumbles hasnt popped off again.

If you want to spend your money on a "hop-up" that's probably not even necessary, then so be it. I like mine just fine
The first day I had my car, I was going over a large cross over, and as my car was going down the backside of the jump, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a turn marshal was crossing the track about 10 feet down the track... so I hit the brakes. I ended up hitting his shoe at about 3 mph just a millisecond before the car had come to a complete stop, and it popped one of the steering turnbuckles. It was the first day the car was running, so there were a lot of people watching it doing its first laps, and nobody could believe what they had just seen. The guy to my left was hilarious... all i heard was "what-the-hell-ballcup?"

Since I switched to the standard durango ball cups, the issue has gone away 95%. It was certainly the ballcups. So while I am glad you have zero issues, and it's true that a new dex210 might not have any issues with the cups in that box, there are a LOT of us where the cups that were included in the kit are just the most awful thing ever put on an RC car.... so, lets tone down the "just ignore them, the ballcups are fine" rhetoric please SOME people have had MAJOR issues with them... people like me, whos ballcups were SO bad, the car was undrivable.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Any word on diff cases or gear covers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.