Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpas
Well I just finished building my DEX210 and it is a great design that went together well.

It REALLY SUCKS that the kit is missing a ball joint and worst of all a shock seal cap. No one has the caps in stock anywhere

So I have this partly built $275 car sitting until I can get parts, I hope HRP helps me out.

I can't wait to run it.
Just the seal or the whole cap. If its just the o-ring you can run to home depot or lowes and pick up a couple to get you going. Still sucks though.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

For the racers that switches between RM3 & RM4, are you having to Flip the diff adjustment screw in a different direction? In RM3 I run the adjustment head on the spur side but would think in RM4 you would flip it since the idle gear that contacts it is spinning in a different direction.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Got a TQ and win for the 210 last night club racing Patrick qualified his 210 2nd and almost took home the "W" after I made a first lap mistake that let him by I kept the pressure on for the 7 minute main and he bobbled on the last lap in the last corner and I went by for the win. Awesome race with some good position swapping during the race, we got the Durangos a 1-2 finish.

Earlier during practice I broke my 3rd rear shock tower in about 30 packs...took a hard crash and landed on my lid.

So, that was the time to install my Diggity Designs prototype 4mm carbon fiber Patrick and I actually both received one yesterday to test and so far so good....its drilled correctly so you can use the stock Durango shoulder screws and there is no upper crossbar to interfere with airflow over the center of the wing. Fit perfect, looks great and worked flawlessly. Give http://www.diggitydesigns.com/ a call and let them know you there's a need for these. He will also be doing an ackerman rack, battery brace and possibly a front tower (though the camber link location sucks IMO since it ends up way out in front of the car where it can get damaged easily)
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-wp_001348.jpg  
Old 12-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
For the racers that switches between RM3 & RM4, are you having to Flip the diff adjustment screw in a different direction? In RM3 I run the adjustment head on the spur side but would think in RM4 you would flip it since the idle gear that contacts it is spinning in a different direction.
I run my screw head on the passenger side of the car in both RM3 and RM4... no issues.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I run my screw head on the passenger side of the car in both RM3 and RM4... no issues.
Cool thanks.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Me too, the diff spins the same way in both configs, so I see no need to flip the diff. Good job on the W.
TOMDAV- no need to buy new shafts, just install 4mm worth of shims and your good to go.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

210 is definitely dialed now, lapped field twice in 10 minute main, have a great high bite clay setup to share but cant figure how to post it on here ?? wont download a PDF file i guess
Old 12-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
Just the seal or the whole cap. If its just the o-ring you can run to home depot or lowes and pick up a couple to get you going. Still sucks though.
Unfortunately it is the threaded cap, if it as the o-rings I would not worry about it.

TD seems to have an aluminum version out that no one has in stock
Old 12-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NUZUM
210 is definitely dialed now, lapped field twice in 10 minute main, have a great high bite clay setup to share but cant figure how to post it on here ?? wont download a PDF file i guess
Re-save the pdf file as a jpeg and post it as a picture. Should work then.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpas
Unfortunately it is the threaded cap, if it as the o-rings I would not worry about it.

TD seems to have an aluminum version out that no one has in stock
Bottom of the stock I assume.. I have extras, I can send you.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing
Got a TQ and win for the 210 last night club racing Patrick qualified his 210 2nd and almost took home the "W" after I made a first lap mistake that let him by I kept the pressure on for the 7 minute main and he bobbled on the last lap in the last corner and I went by for the win. Awesome race with some good position swapping during the race, we got the Durangos a 1-2 finish.

Earlier during practice I broke my 3rd rear shock tower in about 30 packs...took a hard crash and landed on my lid.

So, that was the time to install my Diggity Designs prototype 4mm carbon fiber Patrick and I actually both received one yesterday to test and so far so good....its drilled correctly so you can use the stock Durango shoulder screws and there is no upper crossbar to interfere with airflow over the center of the wing. Fit perfect, looks great and worked flawlessly. Give http://www.diggitydesigns.com/ a call and let them know you there's a need for these. He will also be doing an ackerman rack, battery brace and possibly a front tower (though the camber link location sucks IMO since it ends up way out in front of the car where it can get damaged easily)
Is that an additional inner hole. The kit tower has only 3 and this looks like it has 4.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
Is that an additional inner hole. The kit tower has only 3 and this looks like it has 4.
Yes Dave, its got an additional inside hole on the tower. The three outers are identical to stock.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

just finished mine tonight cant wait to get it on the track and give it a go.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A few pics of my new ride. I've always gone out of the way to make my cars a little different and this one was no exception. The chassis was hard anodized black, the cv bones were chromed, the outdrives were hard plated and I opted for the TC5 ballstuds so that I could use the white JC ball cups. I also chose to go with the AE thumbscrews and battery strap as well as some blue aluminum screws where possible. Not sure if it's the climate but down here the shock towers have held up so far. Of course, we haven't run below 75 degrees yet....

Old 12-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Harris
A few pics of my new ride. I've always gone out of the way to make my cars a little different and this one was no exception. The chassis was hard anodized black, the cv bones were chromed, the outdrives were hard plated and I opted for the TC5 ballstuds so that I could use the white JC ball cups. I also chose to go with the AE thumbscrews and battery strap as well as some blue aluminum screws where possible. Not sure if it's the climate but down here the shock towers have held up so far. Of course, we haven't run below 75 degrees yet....

Awesome ride man I've been running mine for 2 weeks now and I love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.