Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banx
thanks kremzeek. I will start with teh battery in the standard position and pushed forward.
I'm not sure if this will make sense, but I found one foam spacer in front and two behind the shorty pack worked well for me.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
I'm not sure if this will make sense, but I found one foam spacer in front and two behind the shorty pack worked well for me.
no that makes perfect sense. thanks. when I retired from this hobby the lipos were just the classic size. so battery placement was standard. unless you had a saddle pack.

this type of info I find is great cause it's giving me a starting point that people have already experimented with and found to be the best.

cheers
Old 09-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

hello gents, skimming through my notes I made on this thread, I can't read what I wrote lol.

apparantly there are some other company spur gears that fit. I think I wrote schumacher? but I think I was enjoying the vino a lil too much.

is that correct? schumacher spurs fit?
Old 09-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by banx
hello gents, skimming through my notes I made on this thread, I can't read what I wrote lol.

apparantly there are some other company spur gears that fit. I think I wrote schumacher? but I think I was enjoying the vino a lil too much.

is that correct? schumacher spurs fit?
lol happens to me all the time. Now I take digital notes to avoid it

There are some options available. RDRP still has spurs available on Amain. They have 72, 83 and 87t spurs.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/revolut...17083?v=413797

The Schumacher spurs will work as well. Down to the 71t I think is the smallest they have. But currently the 71t is backordered at Amain.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/schumac...63859?v=185311

Then if you run a slipper eliminator, you can use the Exotek flite spur gears or a range of Kimbrough spur gears that have the holes drilled out for screw mounting.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Substitute Ball Ends; Ride Height and shock springs

I'm running the DEX210 V1. Hey guys, first, since we have a parts shortage, what do you typically substitute for the ball ends? I noticed that the top links with the bend in it are longer than typical ball ends. Is there a known substitute?

Secondly, I setup my car using the "standard" carpet setup. The ride height is supposed to be 17.5 mm for front and rear. The problem is, when I do this, the shock collars for both front and rear shocks are pretty much maxed out (see pics) such that the springs don't even touch the shock collars when the suspension is fully unloaded (see pics). Is this how you guys run your cars on carpet?

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-20170909_195654.jpg   Durango DEX210 Thread-20170909_195620.jpg  
Old 09-09-2017, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Try lowering the ride hight using the droop screws on arms so when the spring unloads it does not have any play. Screw the collars back so it touches the spring, does this help ?
Old 09-09-2017, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, I can lower the droop screws front and rear. But this reduces the amount of suspension travel and I'll be screwed on jumps. At the front, it also causes the inside tire to lift off the ground. I'm wondering if people use longer springs OR if the fact that those gaps between the shock collars and springs don't matter at all?
Old 09-09-2017, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by theclutch
Yes, I can lower the droop screws front and rear. But this reduces the amount of suspension travel and I'll be screwed on jumps. At the front, it also causes the inside tire to lift off the ground. I'm wondering if people use longer springs OR if the fact that those gaps between the shock collars and springs don't matter at all?
For indoors in carpet you will need to use the drop screws to stop traction rolling - you will need to find a balance between that and the jumps.

I think when you lower it something strange happens to the roll centres front to back - to stop it lifting the inside wheel, i did the following:
Use the front spindle height get help lower it.
One of two inner roll centre washers at the front, zero at the rear.
Longer front top links.
Thicker oil all around and laying the rear shocks in at the top made a massive difference.

Good luck.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Droop screws are your friend on carpet. I have the suspension limited on all my TD vehicles. Helps with steering and weight shifting front to back.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 210 isn't a good car below about a 20mm-22mm ride height. The roll center is all kinds of messed up down there. Switch to B6 rear hubs and steering knuckles and run the axles in the high position and you can do it.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Droop screws are your friend on carpet. I have the suspension limited on all my TD vehicles. Helps with steering and weight shifting front to back.
What about the suspension travel? I.e. - doesn't that screw with your jumping ability?
Old 09-10-2017, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theclutch
What about the suspension travel? I.e. - doesn't that screw with your jumping ability?
Yes it does. The 210 especially is screwed as it doesn't have enough suspension up travel and limiting down travel limits things in both directions.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

It's not a big deal for me on carpet. The jumps at our track are relatively small. It would be a different story if I was racing on a big 1/8 scale track.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys, got this on one of my fishing forums.

photobucket works again.

........"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums.
Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images.
It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button.

Done! All your old pics should now be displaying again.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fredswain
Yes it does. The 210 especially is screwed as it doesn't have enough suspension up travel and limiting down travel limits things in both directions.
It's not a big deal for me on carpet. The jumps at our track are relatively small. It would be a different story if I was racing on a big 1/8 scale track.
Hmmm... that sucks. How the hell did Jorn Neumann do so well then? Looks like he's running 17mm ride height but the droop setting on his setup sheets say "max". I wonder if he had special length springs made. It doesn't seem like he was running different shock towers either.

Fred, what are your thoughts about keeping the gap between the top of the springs and the shock collars? It seems like my choice is to either:

1) eliminate the gap by bringing the shock collars down = ride height increases more than 17mm but I retain jumping ability with full suspension travel
2) eliminate the gap by adjusting the droop screws = lift inside tire during cornering and reduced suspension travel for jumps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.