Old 01-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

More pictures of Travis' car:

http://events.redrc.net/2016/01/chas...vis-amezcua-2/
Old 01-23-2016, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Travis' car looks nicely setup, but it's baffling that Hobbico didn't engineer the v3 chassis to permit horizontal batter placement.

I ran the v1 on clay and it was pretty nice with the alum chassis. Anyway, here's a pic of the mod that Travis did. Doesn't look too crazy:

Noticed that Travis took out even more if the sidepods to get the battery further back than the original pictures of JP's. TD must be working on an update for this. Would be easy upgrade for all of us and not too expensive. They must have some heavy duty Velcro under those batteries. If the sidepods were designe properly you will be able to get the battery even lower without the up curve is the sidepods now.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
I like that rear hanger. It's probably a lot easier to adjust toe in/out that way.
+1 . Maybe they just do the toe on the hangar and leave a set pill in the hub carrier to not fight with getting them out?

As for the layouts shown with the shorty sideways, I notice the motor is on the opposite side versus what I pic of the plan B setup looks like (and what I did too).

curious what advantage there is to that, or, if they are using say 4 gear versus 3 gear. (using 3 here).

Also, what wire gauge do you guys recommend? I have always used 12 guage but I wonder if some weight savings could be found there by going to say 14 guage or 13 guage?
Old 01-23-2016, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

12 guage is generally not needed. I use 13 guage even on my 4wd mod, which has a 6.5 motor. TQ13 guage wire is specifically what I use, though obviously lots of good brands out there.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Default Motor on wrong side

Originally Posted by Cain
+1 . Maybe they just do the toe on the hangar and leave a set pill in the hub carrier to not fight with getting them out?

As for the layouts shown with the shorty sideways, I notice the motor is on the opposite side versus what I pic of the plan B setup looks like (and what I did too).

curious what advantage there is to that, or, if they are using say 4 gear versus 3 gear. (using 3 here).

Also, what wire gauge do you guys recommend? I have always used 12 guage but I wonder if some weight savings could be found there by going to say 14 guage or 13 guage?
Cain. Plan B Chasis and car looks great but I have bad news for you. If you have your car setup in 3 gear you have your motor on the wrong side. You have it on the side for 4 gear. Defeating the whole purpose and your motor must be running in reverse. You need to switch the motor plate to the other side. Make sure to switch the bearing for the lays shaft so they offset the pressure.
I usually use 12 gauge.
Have fun. Should run better.

Last edited by WallyRC; 01-24-2016 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-24-2016, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

lol thats funny fred!

congrats emerilnut!

Honestly unless there is something "special" about the 12mm setup with the v3 as a performance gain at least on the rear, you can just get the exotek 12mm hexes and have them in the pit box. thats what I did.

And then just convert the front end if you want.

Or, hit me up and I have tons of the durango wheels for the front in yellow, and other parts too I won't use.
I don't think I want to do anything to the front. But I do want to convert the rear to 12 mm so that I can get any wheel I want. That's how it works, right?

So I can just order the v3 hexes and install them straight on to the v1 hub?
Old 01-24-2016, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Just get the exotek rear 12mm hex for the Dex.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well after seeing JP and Travis convert there cars for sideways shorty's and having a rained out race day, decided to change the 2wd and ST still have electronics to go will be interesting to see the changes.

Old 01-24-2016, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittster
Well after seeing JP and Travis convert there cars for sideways shorty's and having a rained out race day, decided to change the 2wd and ST still have electronics to go will be interesting to see the changes.

Looks good! I'll have to try this out when the V3 becomes just a dirt car.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Let us know how it handles. We might all be doing it soon.
Thanks
Old 01-25-2016, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Let us know how it handles. We might all be doing it soon.
Thanks
Well I unfortunately dont have the talent available to truly know if its a better or worse change, but our outdoor track consist's of loose dirt medium grip so any additional rear grip will be welcome.

Both cars done with electronics, now to just wait for the next race meet to try them out. I do also agree the 210 v3 should of have the ability to do this maybe the v4 will have it ?

2wd

ST
Old 01-25-2016, 08:11 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by WallyRC
Cain. Plan B Chasis and car looks great but I have bad news for you. If you have your car setup in 3 gear you have your motor on the wrong side. You have it on the side for 4 gear. Defeating the whole purpose and your motor must be running in reverse. You need to switch the motor plate to the other side. Make sure to switch the bearing for the lays shaft so they offset the pressure.
I usually use 12 gauge.
Have fun. Should run better.
ah okay, so it should look like how the durango pros cars look for motor location. Car runs great now, so excited to see if it runs better.

Maybe I read the directions wrong in the manual ...
Old 01-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

ah okay, so it should look like how the durango pros cars look for motor location. Car runs great now, so excited to see if it runs better.

Maybe I read the directions wrong in the manual ...
Yes, for 3-gear MM my plate is on the right side of centerline, and the wire terminals for the motor are on the left side of centerline.

For the ESC you sold me, I had to use the progauge and set the motor rotation from normal to reverse to spin the wheels the right direction.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:55 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by emerilnut
Yes, for 3-gear MM my plate is on the right side of centerline, and the wire terminals for the motor are on the left side of centerline.

For the ESC you sold me, I had to use the progauge and set the motor rotation from normal to reverse to spin the wheels the right direction.
yup thats what I did to basically which on the Hobbywing Esc I am using had a special software I had to download to do that.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

yup thats what I did to basically which on the Hobbywing Esc I am using had a special software I had to download to do that.
Check that. I had to change it from reverse to normal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.