Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
is the Durango brass rear hanger that comes with the DEX210v2 marked with -2mm = LRC ??
Yes that is correct.

Also durango has the new front rear hanger with inserts, which allows you to switch antisquat settings quicker.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fredswain
The only time I could see running MM4 over MM3 is on a loose, low traction track. Then again I'd just run RM3 there. I went to MM4 on our track once. I didn't really like it. I didn't like it on my 2 previous MM cars (XXX-Cr2, X6^2) either.
If you like MM3 cause it drives flatter, then in Rear motor mode, it would be RM4, not RM3. Cause RM3 will be more like MM4 terms of weight transfer. Am I correct?
Old 11-05-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

3 gear is 3 gear. 4 gear is 4 gear. They drive the same whether the motor is in front of the rear tires or behind it. The inertial forces are decreased a bit in rear motor since the motor rotation isn't as close to the center of gravity though.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anybody else having problems with their outdrives (the new longer outdrives) wearing out really fast? I put a brand new set of outdrives on my car and paired them with a new set of dog bones. After two race days and a practice day, the outdrives wore out huge notches in them. These notches bind up the dog bones, and tonight halfway through my second practice day, I snapped a CVD. I snapped 3 CVDs over the summer with the same problem, and I'm getting quite fed up with it. I plan on calling TD tomorrow and asking them what gives, but I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this? I certainly never had this problem when I ran an AE gear diff, even on carpet.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Cant say i have im running the stock outdrives on the gear diff . Ran about 4 times on the buggy ., try and reduce the droop on the Rear that will on any scale help with wear on the outdrives and dogbones.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I haven't had the problem either, I have a full year on my gear diff with no issues.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have the longer outdrives with my ball diff and have done 20 races and no wear and tear so far running both 17.5 and 9.5
Old 11-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Tech Prophet

I been wondering about this i looked at the Manuel again on this buggy and it shows when you mount the shocks Front and Rear. On the Right side the bleeder screw is pointed to the outside and the Left the bleeder screw is pointed to the inside ?

Usually on all my cars i have the bleeder screw pointed to the outside on both sides when i mount the shocks.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I been wondering about this i looked at the Manuel again on this buggy and it shows when you mount the shocks Front and Rear. On the Right side the bleeder screw is pointed to the outside and the Left the bleeder screw is pointed to the inside ?

Usually on all my cars i have the bleeder screw pointed to the outside on both sides when i mount the shocks.
Hi tc5,

Thats because the bore in the plastic caps is not symetrical!
One side is a bit smaler, than the other.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by micholix
Hi tc5,

Thats because the bore in the plastic caps is not symetrical!
One side is a bit smaler, than the other.

No i mean when you mount the whole shock on the buggy it shows one side with the bleeder screw facing the outside and the other facing the inside .
Old 11-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

No i mean when you mount the whole shock on the buggy it shows one side with the bleeder screw facing the outside and the other facing the inside .
I did understand your question.
Sorry, my english is not the best, so may i described it a bit wrong!?
If you have a look at the v2 manual on page 43, they wrote down about that!

Copy out of the manual:"Note smooth witness mark, insert upper ball on this side"

May this bring it better, what i mean?
Old 11-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

The 4 caps are not the same. There are 2 pairs. 2 of them have screws facing left, and 2 of them have screws facing right. All you need to do is swap 1 cap of your fronts with your rears, and that should cure the problem. Cause you have 2 lefts on the front and 2 rights on the rear.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
Anybody else having problems with their outdrives (the new longer outdrives) wearing out really fast? I put a brand new set of outdrives on my car and paired them with a new set of dog bones. After two race days and a practice day, the outdrives wore out huge notches in them. These notches bind up the dog bones, and tonight halfway through my second practice day, I snapped a CVD. I snapped 3 CVDs over the summer with the same problem, and I'm getting quite fed up with it. I plan on calling TD tomorrow and asking them what gives, but I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this? I certainly never had this problem when I ran an AE gear diff, even on carpet.
I called up hobbico support and the rep I spoke with told me they've had some issues lately with their outdrives. He's sending me new outdrives plus a new set of driveshafts. I'm bummed that I can't race my buggy this weekend (I've got other cars and it's not a points race, so no big deal), but I am happy with the support from Hobbico.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

That's good to know the support was good.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Dino_D
The 4 caps are not the same. There are 2 pairs. 2 of them have screws facing left, and 2 of them have screws facing right. All you need to do is swap 1 cap of your fronts with your rears, and that should cure the problem. Cause you have 2 lefts on the front and 2 rights on the rear.
''

What is different looking about the shock caps i don't notice it ? It does seem like when i mount the shock on with the bleeder screws toward the inside of the buggy i get more treads on the locknut .

I was looking at a butch of pics of the buggy online and most of them have the shocks mounted with the bleeder screws pointing outside of the buggy. I tried that but there is hardly any treads when you fully tighten the small locknut.

Its on page 44 in the manuel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.