Wiki Posts
Search

slash 4x4 vs hyper 10sc

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losifiend
Crap! I must of missed it. I checked Monday and it said "Early April" and now it says "Late April". Does the coupon work with a back order?
Late April? Better jump on Ebay and grab that last one...
Old 04-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ofna-OFN34975-Ja...item5ad8363ca9

Old 04-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Crawler
I doubt it's the truck that is beating me, the guy can flat drive and that's the real difference.

If we were to switch trucks, I'm sure he would still hand me my ass.
I heard that! It's all about the driver.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I'm not paying that much!!

I'm waiting till they come back in stock
Old 04-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

A number of posts comment on the difficulty getting Hyper 10sc parts. This is simply not true. They may not be available at your local hobby shop but, they are available at NitroHouse.com. Not only does NitroHouse have good pricing, they ship super fast.

As many have stated, in the end it will come down to which one you like better and what your intentions are. I went with the Hyper 10sc because I wanted to go with specific equipment (motor, esc, and servo). Even though the platinum edition would have fit this bill, I felt it would be more expensive in the end.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Rookie

well i didnt take the time to read this whole thread. but heres my two sence. i went with the hyper and have had it sence before slash came out. and in my opinion it is very much a better racer, and the slash seams to be a better basher. i am running vxl in mine on 2s with a 14tooth pinion, adjusting my throttle end point for different tracks. i didnt have any problems on our local indoor track other then being way over powered. but now that our larger out door track has opened i have broken a few things. such as shock towers(now have strc), upper front arm, axle carrier, oh of course all body post, front bumper sapport, and a body. not gonna lye after a few hard landinds on 3s did most of this.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Slash 4x4:

Get the replacement axles from Rcbros.com. They are steel and come with a lifetime warranty. You will never bend another axle again. After that, nothing else brakes on these things.

I think the slash is a very capable racer. We have all types of SCT at our track and they all seem like they succeed in different areas. When another racer beats me with a competitor truck, it's because I did something stupid during the race that gave them the lead. If I ran a perfect race and I still lost, then and only then would I consider being at a possible disadvantage. But, I haven't seen that yet.

One last thing, those of you complaining that your slash has a high CG and rolls easy, need to change your setup. Lowering your camber links on the towers raises your roll center. It acts like stiffer sway bars and reduces body roll. Great for high bite tracks.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Well just bit the bullet and got a hyper, have been looking at both of the two sc trucks, traxxis do have good support even over here in Australia, but I do want to race, I like the adjustability the ofna has out of the box.

Got it from nitrohouse with the Novak combo so hopefully it works well. *Good to hear they have fast postage can't weight for it to show up, I'll let you guys know how I go racing, the market here is dominated by slash's so will be good to see my hyper kick ass lol*

Rhys*
Old 02-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

i have both the hyper 10sc and slash 4x4.. I really like the hyper more.
That being said I have an awesome setup for the hyper (big bore shocks, CF parts, and novak ballistic motor) while the slash is all stock.
The biggest problem with the hyper is you will need to order parts otherwise its awesome
Old 02-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is a kid at our track with a slash 4x4 pe that flys around our track. He has no problem running with the jamming and hypers. If you can drive and know how to set a truck up, you can win with a slash 4x4. His fastest lap times are usually a hair faster than mine and I have a hyper. Not saying I'm blazing around the track but I'm usually in the mix to possibly finish top 5 out of a 20 plus truck count
Old 02-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Today the kid with the slash 4x4 pe dominated. His lap times were on par with the fastest guys at the track. After racing against him I have a lot of respect for the slash4x4
Old 02-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

last race at our indoor track 2 slash 4x4 started 1 and 2 in the a main with jammins and hypers behind.the slash isnt the best racer but it can win.