Wiki Posts
Search

Slash cheater body?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Slash cheater body?

Any opinions on this? I just won my first race ever and was tq only thing I changed was my body and pinion. Went from a proline hardcore to a proline vw and added 1.5oz to the bottom of my chassis to make up for lack of fender weight. With this setup I could play with the field and pass on the outside for fun.

I'm getting torn down if the bug runs this well next week.

If the no vdub rule gets passed locally is there any other body that keeps the wheels off the plastic?

Thanks
Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

the truck body is one of the reasons we HAVE this class....running, a very ugly, bug body just goes against the spirit of the class. you WANT fenders over the wheels so you can bump into people and not get caught up like open wheel rc's.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the body isnt giving you the advantage...a good solid motor, hit the gearing perfect for track conditions, a good battery pack....

clean driving usually makes a slash look tons faster than the other trucks on the track.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think that body is the best thing ever made for them trucks. When I saw that I actually for the 1st time ever thought about getting 1. Those big stupid bodies kill you on and off the wheels, sure I think the body helped not tons but noticably. Run a heat next time with and without the stock stlye baloon body and see.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

jconcepts just came out with the gladiator body check it out.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think ther body gives an advantage just adds a little fun factor.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The body helps on large jumps as it doesnt catch as much air as the stock body, so when your off the ground your not slowing down as much as the others.

As for the "class" why run a mod anything in a spec class. If everyone gets to make a change or two, its no longer even. If you feel your cheating mabie you are. Put the stock body back on and let you "driving ability" (sarcasticly) win the race in the eyes of your competitors, rather than the vw body.

BTY - I love the vw body and plan on getting one for my bl eRevo as soon as the stock body breaks or wears out.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys!

Our local track allows any body designed for the slash as long as we keep the factory body lines. Factory bug lines allowed me to take off the side and back bumper. Club voted and allowed. I figured if anything it looks cool next to me crawler. Turns out it's fast just taking away the scrubbing! We race ozite with no bumps so fender rub is exagerated.

I could feel it's top heavy so I adjusted things best I could and had a lot of drivers telling me good things about my setup, run, whatever that day, so I feel it's more then the body but two other slash drivers didn't agree. Normally I wouldn't care but ones a program director.

I used a 24t with stock spur and other drivers were 20's or less from what I seen. Motor maintnance is a must for me. I'll clean, soak endbell with wd, and oil the bushings for my first heat and main. Just re oil between those. I barrow a 25c Orion 3800 and the packs feel great.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
The body helps on large jumps as it doesnt catch as much air as the stock body, so when your off the ground your not slowing down as much as the others.

As for the "class" why run a mod anything in a spec class. If everyone gets to make a change or two, its no longer even. If you feel your cheating mabie you are. Put the stock body back on and let you "driving ability" (sarcasticly) win the race in the eyes of your competitors, rather than the vw body.

+1
in an "all things being equal class" apparently all things weren't equal
Old 01-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

I'm fine with the body. The rules are fine with this body. Lead replaced anything removed plus I run it in stock truck on Wednesday nights so it's a keeper for me. Was hoping for your opinions and got plenty!

Nice forum you guys have here.
Thanks!
Old 01-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Pit Bitch
I'm fine with the body. The rules are fine with this body. Lead replaced anything removed plus I run it in stock truck on Wednesday nights so it's a keeper for me. Was hoping for your opinions and got plenty!

Nice forum you guys have here.
Thanks!
being able to place weight strategically to make up for removed bumpers doesn't seem fair

without bumpers it seems you should have been in the 2wd mod truck class
Old 01-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

The rules at three different tracks where I run are as follows:

Short Course Class

You may change the radio and receiver, pinion and spur gear, shock oil and springs. Aluminum shock caps are allowed as a durability upgrade. Body must be a short course truck body since this is the class.

IMO if it doesn't look like a short course truck, it isn't a short course truck.