Search

pinion/spur gear setup for b4?? please help. newbie here

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
??? have you run Tekin before ???
down in pinions, since they offer alot of timing and the new turbo, for onroad my friend is running 13.5 gearing for his 17.5 and still has more balls all over the track compared to other 17.5s. the same for offroad. he has been running smaller pinions and still gets around very very fast. tekins are really nice.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home
down in pinions, since they offer alot of timing and the new turbo, for onroad my friend is running 13.5 gearing for his 17.5 and still has more balls all over the track compared to other 17.5s. the same for offroad. he has been running smaller pinions and still gets around very very fast. tekins are really nice.
Yeah, you are right on there, I have not run stock and the Turbo option yet. I have been running 8.5/7.5 so. If you are running the Ver200 software w/turbo you do want to gear down a few more teeth than normal--I stand corrected-Thanks not home
Old 10-20-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by flame56mx
What are you running for ESC, Motors?
Its the LRP SPX speedo and it was the Losi XCelorin 13.5, but now my local track, West Coast RC, is re opening and the owner (Danny S.) is comming out with the Icons motor so ima put that in it once he releases it.

And as for the Tekin Turbo setting, i heard you really dont need that unless ur track has a LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG GGGGGG straight. Im not sure iv never tried a tekin before.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Yeah, that was the feedback I was hearing also, sounds like Tekin is working on it, ironing of a few bugs, its pretty cool that they are always trying to improve an already great product IMO..