Wiki Posts
Search

Just starting out

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)
Default .

SC10s break tho....alot I am racing the shortcourse king series in FL and a ton of the sc10s were breakin unfortunate for them.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks everyone.

I am going to get an SC RTR to start and learn with and work into trucks and/or buggies. I am thinking Slash due to the durability and ability to race it. I went to a local hobby shop last night and the gentleman that helped me said the track closest to me only allows Slashes in the spec class. I am going to take a trip to the track Wednesday night when they are racing and check it out for sure. I have a feeling they will allow the Losi Strike to play as well since the track owners are a Losi dealer.

What is the latest on the release date of the Strike? For the few people that have them already how does the durability compare to the Slash?

Does anyone know the release date of the Blitz? Does anyone have a gauge for how durable this truck will be?

Thanks again.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JMYBFFT
Thanks everyone.

I am going to get an SC RTR to start and learn with and work into trucks and/or buggies. I am thinking Slash due to the durability and ability to race it. I went to a local hobby shop last night and the gentleman that helped me said the track closest to me only allows Slashes in the spec class. I am going to take a trip to the track Wednesday night when they are racing and check it out for sure. I have a feeling they will allow the Losi Strike to play as well since the track owners are a Losi dealer.

What is the latest on the release date of the Strike? For the few people that have them already how does the durability compare to the Slash?

Does anyone know the release date of the Blitz? Does anyone have a gauge for how durable this truck will be?

Thanks again.

If you want to really race 1/10th off road get a 2wd buggy. It's a great way to start out, i did 2 years ago and now i run with the best in my region. just recently got into 1/8 scale nitro and i have been doing pretty good out there and have only been to 2 races. Slash's are slow and jump like crap and tend to teach sloppy driving and poor overtaking skills.

4wd's aren't easier to drive and aren't really for beginners, they break very easily due to their aggressive accelaration and high speed and i tend to see new people have issues with simple things they don't understand yet like the slipper and the diffs working in harmony.

Before you decide anything go down to your local track and see what class you like or is most popular.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
If you want to really race 1/10th off road get a 2wd buggy. It's a great way to start out, i did 2 years ago and now i run with the best in my region. just recently got into 1/8 scale nitro and i have been doing pretty good out there and have only been to 2 races. Slash's are slow and jump like crap and tend to teach sloppy driving and poor overtaking skills.

4wd's aren't easier to drive and aren't really for beginners, they break very easily due to their aggressive accelaration and high speed and i tend to see new people have issues with simple things they don't understand yet like the slipper and the diffs working in harmony.

Before you decide anything go down to your local track and see what class you like or is most popular.
Excellent advice about starting in 2wd. I personally believe that 4wd 1/10 scale is far easier to drive but it does not teach you as many skills as a 2wd. Definitely start out in stock or super stock class as it will be fast and fun but still controllable. Once 2wd is mastered all other classes will be easy to pick up.
SLashes are great for having fun but if you are determined to be a good, skilled racer don't start with a Slash. It's got a short learning curve for a reason.
Plus most SLash races at my LHS quickly turn into bash sessions while trying to navigate a track. Still fun to race as a 2nd class though!!!