Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 IFMAR Offroad World Championships Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up AE Is Killer Of All......

Hells yes +1 BIG RED ! Oh I dropped a 22.9 in my second qualifier up @ Lakeport I should of ran that Fair Race . lol "Sorry back on topic" for the most Prized Race in Rc Car Racing! 1/10
Old 09-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by losidriver70
Hells yes +1 BIG RED ! Oh I dropped a 22.9 in my second qualifier up @ Lakeport I should of ran that Fair Race . lol "Sorry back on topic" for the most Prized Race in Rc Car Racing! 1/10
Damn, that post was B-magesque
Old 09-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vikingen
Pretoria is a lot safer than say, Detroit, and probably many other parts of the United States.

I think its a bit pathetic, but more a real shame.
Yeah but it probably has it's bad spots. I only go to detroit to watch hockey and as long as you stay with everyone else going to the game and don't make a wrong turn you're safe
Old 09-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
Murders per 100,000 inhabitants:
South Africa 38.6
United States 5.8
This is misleading becasue individual cities can vary greatly. I can't find anything more recent but from this article from 9/2008.

Highlight 1:
Whether you use New Orleans’s own figures or the FBI’s, however, the city remains the most deadly in the United States, easily surpassing Detroit and Baltimore with 46 and 45 murders per 100,000 people, respectively.

In the same article Cape Town is listed as South Africa's most dangerous city with 62 murders per 100k residents.

if the World's were in New Orleans it would be completely full! And I wish I had cancelled my trip to the nats next week as I might be in danger flying into Baltimore.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z-Fire
I don't understand why the top drivers are not going.
Money or security should not be a reason.
I think they are afraid of little Asian kids using airplane radios spanking them ....
Old 09-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It's the RC Pirates.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
This is misleading becasue individual cities can vary greatly. I can't find anything more recent but from this article from 9/2008.

Highlight 1:
Whether you use New Orleans’s own figures or the FBI’s, however, the city remains the most deadly in the United States, easily surpassing Detroit and Baltimore with 46 and 45 murders per 100,000 people, respectively.

In the same article Cape Town is listed as South Africa's most dangerous city with 62 murders per 100k residents.

if the World's were in New Orleans it would be completely full! And I wish I had cancelled my trip to the nats next week as I might be in danger flying into Baltimore.
If Associated wants to send me to South Africa I'll go in a second. Any paid driver who has the opportunity to go and passes is a wuss, it's their job and they should go without question. I volunteered to go to Baghdad a couple years ago for work but my company wussed out and decided not to send me, luckily my company never asked me to go to Detroit or Baltimore.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Wink

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
im just poking ya bud..
yah it sucks to have it that close to you and it may not happen,not sure how they do that if know one really shows up,do they still run it or change the date and location??
Hi there Bisbee as far as i know the worlds is still on if it was going to be cancelled it would have been already but the worlds is already taking place next week
Old 09-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Tech Rookie

It is easy to throw around stats to make an argument. But to make you all feel a bit better 5/6 murders is commited by a person knowing the victim (family feuds, love triangle, etc), and only 1/6 is due to crime related incidents.

So you don't need to worry we don't kill tourists we kill our own!!!!!!!

And I am sure all the factory drivers don't know anybody in SA!!!!

Like Nelly said the Worlds is going ahead!!!! If you don't participate you can't moan about the results!!!!!!

Most of us are part of this hobby because we enjoy it, only a small % of drivers are paid to race. Maybe it is all about money..........
Old 09-23-2009, 12:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
I think they are afraid of little Asian kids using airplane radios spanking them ....
Good call on that one

Pistols wont save you in SA
Old 09-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any news if its on or cancelled
if yes any news on how its going
thanks
pete
Old 09-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

I read through this thread with my jaw hanging open. I cannot believe people can be so narrow minded. If the world's top atheletes can go over and compete in South Africa, why should the World's be any different? In fact, the ICC Champions League is taking place at the moment, with much bigger names than those in RC.

I also find it ridiculous that some have called for it to be cancelled and / or moved to another place? This is such a slap in the face to all South Africans and not just those who love their RC. If you can't have the balls to attend, you don't deserve to be World Champion.

I have been living in the UK for 9 years now, but visit South Africa every year, sometimes twice a year to see my daughter. I can't wait to move back in the next couple of years.

Congratulations to whoever takes it this year and to all those who are taking part.

Shame on the rest of you who did not make it and should have.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Rick, How about Associated send some privateers to the worlds this year?

I'll go if someone buys ticket, you only need to send me for 5 days for the 4wd class .
Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Legend

Why would Ae send someone into harms way ?

Not safe for their drivers or privateers....
Old 09-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Unbelievable!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.