Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z4Kevo
I remember that video! Nice driving! Some of my best racing is during races where I don't even win it. I have yet to put together my "perfect" race. I keep on trying though.
Yeah man I actually think I had my perfect race this last saturday! we had a great turn out and I raced better than I have ever before. This guy David always wins the buggy race. He just never wrecks. He is a great driver. Always wins the slash class too. Well, we started the first qualifier and I had a great start and led the entire 6 minute qualifier in first place! We were talking on the stand and he was right behind the whole time. Its my first race I have never wrecked. It was pretty sick. that track in the video see's a good 25 second lap time on average. That's for the better racers. I hit a 23 second laps during that first qualifier. Pretty insane. I wrecked one time in the second qualifier and David won that. I was placed in the 2 spot for the main and had a horrible race =) i think I ran like 3 laps over 30 seconds and wrecked probably 5 times. It was pretty bad. I ended up getting 5th in the main. Still a great victory running so fast in the first and second qualifiers! Here are the numbers.

http://www.tallahasseerc.com/results...11/default.htm

Chris Geraldo, - Electric 1/8 buggy. representing the Vorza baby!!!! she is a solid racer!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by suresnoi
Hey guys,
My Vorza goes straight when rolling gently but goes to one side under strong acceleration. How do you call this behavior ? And what causes it ?
Hey guys,
anyone can help with that particular issue ?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by suresnoi
Hey guys,
anyone can help with that particular issue ?
drifting is what it would be considered....... sounds like your steering is slightly out of alignment. Check your cambering on which ever side it is and make sure you zero out your servo prior to putting on the servo horn and make sure the wheels are 100% straight. Drive it at a slightly slow speed and watch it, if it curves to one side adjust it with your radio to make it go straight. If none of this works I don't know what to tell you.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Make sure your Vorza is on when you try to make any steering adjustments. Set the vorza on a car stand or a couple books with the tires hanging off and try to center the wheels (I look at them straight on about a foot or two back) and try to adjust your steering trim in the opposite direction your car is pulling. If that doesn't help at all then you might have some bearings that are locking up when they heat up from going faster. Not much else you can do. One of your steering rods might need to be adjusted but that wouldn't happen unless you adjusted them in the first place. They rarely loosen or tighten on their own. check the bearings in the diff too. make sure you can spin it without any weird clicks or notches resisting.
TO make sure your diffs are working you can turn your car on while it is on the stand and just give it a little throttle. All 4 wheels are spinning then grab one of the wheels. Do this to all the wheels one by one and make sure you get the same results. If one tire doesn't spin or you see one spinning slowly while you are holding one of the tires it means one of your diffs needs some maintenance. goodluck
Old 09-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c0nr4d
AWESOME vid. Really nice!.. and the driving is sick too.
Haha! Thanks...the wife can get a bit excited. Her in-video comments are a riot sometimes.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Hey PorTX! I got another Vorza, Z4Kev has helped me for sure! We all need to get together for some racing!

Z4, I did some laps today, and the lighter center diff fluid is working out great! I will def be ready next time we run, my lap times are waaaaay faster now!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ChrisVorzaNinja
Yeah man I actually think I had my perfect race this last saturday! we had a great turn out and I raced better than I have ever before. This guy David always wins the buggy race. He just never wrecks. He is a great driver. Always wins the slash class too. Well, we started the first qualifier and I had a great start and led the entire 6 minute qualifier in first place! We were talking on the stand and he was right behind the whole time. Its my first race I have never wrecked. It was pretty sick. that track in the video see's a good 25 second lap time on average. That's for the better racers. I hit a 23 second laps during that first qualifier. Pretty insane. I wrecked one time in the second qualifier and David won that. I was placed in the 2 spot for the main and had a horrible race =) i think I ran like 3 laps over 30 seconds and wrecked probably 5 times. It was pretty bad. I ended up getting 5th in the main. Still a great victory running so fast in the first and second qualifiers! Here are the numbers.

http://www.tallahasseerc.com/results...11/default.htm

Chris Geraldo, - Electric 1/8 buggy. representing the Vorza baby!!!! she is a solid racer!
Nice! I can see how your first qualifier was really clean and smooth. I know what that is like to have such a good race and then have the wheels come off. LOL

Here is the timing for the race in the video.

http://www.rchqonline.com/results/09...-8_A-Main.html

The margin of victory was actually only 0.768 seconds. Talk about close...felt a bit wider than that when it happened.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,while waiting for the new vorza to come out i thought i would look for a 4s 14.8v lipo.Thought i had found one,an orion ORI14050,but just found out that the battery is to high at 48mm and will obstruct the shell.does anyone know of a good quality 4s lipo that will fit without obstructing the shell?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jon9e
Hey guys,while waiting for the new vorza to come out i thought i would look for a 4s 14.8v lipo.Thought i had found one,an orion ORI14050,but just found out that the battery is to high at 48mm and will obstruct the shell.does anyone know of a good quality 4s lipo that will fit without obstructing the shell?
just purchase two of these for the price of one of the more popular name brand products.
I have been using these batteries to race with for a while. If you take good care of them they will be more than fine.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChrisVorzaNinja
just purchase two of these for the price of one of the more popular name brand products.
I have been using these batteries to race with for a while. If you take good care of them they will be more than fine.
hi mate,which ones do you use?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

lol link would help i guess

cheers

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Last edited by ChrisVorzaNinja; 09-07-2011 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

this is the dimension of the battery you are using...149 x 49 x 37mm this is the dimension of the battery i have been told will catch on the shell.........Length: 138.5mm
Width: 48mm
Height: 48mm what is the height on your battery and does it restrict the shell?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jon9e
this is the dimension of the battery you are using...149 x 49 x 37mm this is the dimension of the battery i have been told will catch on the shell.........Length: 138.5mm
Width: 48mm
Height: 48mm what is the height on your battery and does it restrict the shell?
no way. You can adjust the battery tray to fit batteries much larger than that. I actually run this battery in 5s for larger tracks. The 5s even fits. You will be fine. The 4's is just as thin as laying 2 separate 2s lipos in the tray. I have only seen the larger 6s lipos actually make the body sit up a little on one side.
The battery might hit the shell if you are setting it upright in the tray. Some people like the battery wires to come straight up so its easier to connect. That's not correct. You want to lay the lipo on its side and make sure its snug in the tray. One of the wires will give you trouble trying to fit while laying down in the tray. You will notice the battery tray has two little extensions where the wires are supposed to be routed at the end toward the speed control side. just kind of carefully force and bend the wires to lay in this area. Only one will need slight manipulating because the other wire will be high enough to not really need any bending. You will see what i am talking about when you install the battery. let me know if you want some pics. I can post some later tonight.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Pics would be great,thanks.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Hpi says the maximum battery dimensions are 50hX51wX160l. And that's definitely the case, my two packs which are 49x25x138 fit without touching the body. Will say that I'm not a fan of the Turnigy soft case packs. I have a pair and didn't like the extremely thick wiring which made getting deans on them a pain and did hit the body shell for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.