Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ngnaw
Ya man it's cooler! Are you on firmware 1.24? That was the only option I could see in the list... I am on 1.24 firmware.
To be honest I don't know off the top of my head. I'd have to hook it up and I don't feel like going out to my garage to get my car and link. What ever the newest firmware that is out now is what I'm on.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kylesfv
I am selling my vorza
If any one is interested check it out!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...take-lqqk.html
I forgot to ask you vorza owners. Do you think the link i quoted the price for that vorza that im selling is a little too high? I listed it for 520 obo shipped ... Im not sure if thats to high can i hear your guys input ?
Thanks
Old 08-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

I forgot to ask you vorza owners. Do you think the link i quoted the price for that vorza that im selling is a little too high? I listed it for 520 obo shipped ... Im not sure if thats to high can i hear your guys input ?
Thanks
To be honest with the extra parts, not really. but it is used and mostly all stock, you might able to get 400-500 out of it. I just sold a SC10 2wd with a castle motor/ esc airtronics mx3 RX/TX and about 5 more hop ups on it for $225 (total in it about $450) and the chassis on it was brand new never ran, and a Slash 4x4 with stock radio 2 new bodies and 3 full sets of tires for $200 and it was hardly used. It sucks I know! I can't even get someone to buy my nitro Savage and I've got about $1000 in it and was asking $500 for it with enough parts to build a 2 and almost a 3rd truck. To many people try to rip you off and most that buy them really don't know whats in them. Like on ebay you see the huge flash trucks go for 8-900+ just because of the bling on them AKA Shelf queens. But good luck on selling your's.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TimMo846
To be honest with the extra parts, not really. but it is used and mostly all stock, you might able to get 400-500 out of it. I just sold a SC10 2wd with a castle motor/ esc airtronics mx3 RX/TX and about 5 more hop ups on it for $225 (total in it about $450) and the chassis on it was brand new never ran, and a Slash 4x4 with stock radio 2 new bodies and 3 full sets of tires for $200 and it was hardly used. It sucks I know! I can't even get someone to buy my nitro Savage and I've got about $1000 in it and was asking $500 for it with enough parts to build a 2 and almost a 3rd truck. To many people try to rip you off and most that buy them really don't know whats in them. Like on ebay you see the huge flash trucks go for 8-900+ just because of the bling on them AKA Shelf queens. But good luck on selling your's.
HAHAH thanks.
I know people these days all they do is low ball me and its so annoying
When ever someone says "Whats the lowest you will go?" I dont even reply ...
Thanks for the luck , will probaly post on Fee-bay if no one buys on this forum.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

HAHAH thanks.
I know people these days all they do is low ball me and its so annoying
When ever someone says "Whats the lowest you will go?" I dont even reply ...
Thanks for the luck , will probaly post on Fee-bay if no one buys on this forum.
Yeah, the person who bought them both from me wanted to low ball me after I drove about 45-hour to meet him half way. I told him I'd drive right back and take the loss on my gas. He even tried to pull the can u cut me a deal for buying both? thing. And I've beat him in a race with both of the trucks lol so he knows they were set up good.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z4Kevo
I think I have a 2 stage piston shock setup that will work for my buggy...going to give it a try this weekend. I will report back after I give it a whirl!
I ran the 2 stage pistons last Saturday at RCHQ. They will take some getting used to as the rebound is quicker...maybe too quick for me. Not sure yet...it could be that I need to change my driving up a bit. Jury is still out while I null them out and dial things in.

Here is the timing and video for the 2nd qualifier...
http://www.rchqonline.com/results/08...man%201-8.html

http://www.youtube.com/user/r3drexat.../0/zpAP5tJ6SGc

The Qualifier actually starts at 3:00...before that was warm up. I was on pace to take TQ by 5 seconds, but I clipped the pipe on the next to the last lap and broke my right front carrier and steering arm. Tried to finish, but didn't really need to. Qualified 2nd. Those are the breaks...literally! Haha. Got it fixed for the main, but my battery dumped on the last lap while fighting for the lead...ended up taking 3rd. Could have been a better night, but it was fun anyway.

Last edited by Z4Kevo; 08-24-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Well, got another Vorza So, I can now post here again and be official lol.

Z4Kevo, we need to get together and do some racing!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

The Vorza just got upgraded, check it out:

Originally Posted by Dan-RC
I was just on HPI's website and it looks like the HPI Vorza Flux has some upgrades. I LOVE the new orange body, too. Check it out!!

I don't remember these type of differentials in the older model, either:

It looks so COOL

Looks like it comes with the 2.4GHz Radio, too:

Looks like it has a lower center of gravity.. can't really tell, though:

Still with the CC Mamba Monster + 2200 Kv Motor for 6S!!

Man, I really want one!! I wonder when this model will be released? Hopefully I'll have enough money to buy one when it does.. probably not..

Dan
Old 08-25-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

The Vorza just got upgraded, check it out:
Thanks Dan. We've been discussing all the differences about if now for a little while.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Dan. We've been discussing all the differences about if now for a little while.
....lol sorry
Old 08-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks
once a "successor" of a car comes out.. value drops all the way bro..
Old 08-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

mmm the new car is just has a "more affordable" metals would be a nice way to put it.. other than that.. everything's the same..
Old 08-25-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

....lol sorry
We still haven't figured them all out other than the different paint color scheme, aluminum and radio. Not sure about the Diff gears being different, I haven't torn mine apart for a little while now, but I think they are the same. Someone else might be able to add onto that. As for the lower CG, I don't think it has changed. Might be a little hard to actually do with the chassis type. Everything was pretty much as center and as low as it could be before. And the arrangement of all the parts is still the same as the old. So a little doubtful that it has changed at all. The over all weight might have changed due to the different type of aluminum now. But it takes away from the durability of the chassis too.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ascari-A10
mmm the new car is just has a "more affordable" metals would be a nice way to put it.. other than that.. everything's the same..
"more affordable" hahahaha. hmmmmmm sounds like it's more affordable for the company and not the buyer. I think the price is still the same for the new one too.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

"more affordable" hahahaha. hmmmmmm sounds like it's more affordable for the company and not the buyer. I think the price is still the same for the new one too.
its quite unfortunate that they're putting so little effort into making a car.. such companies take 2 years to develop and make a better car, having more adjustment options, lightening but yet parts still as strong, very disappointing.. looks like HPI likes making "fun" cars now.. the trophy flux are just "so affordable" with how they make it.. yes i agree the D8 platform is a great platform, but come on man.. the Vorza weighs even heavier than a MBX6T.. and its a truggy.. thats very sad..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.