R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Jammin SCRT10 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/317104-jammin-scrt10-thread.html)

Beadlock 02-07-2010 07:28 AM

Jammin arms on a Hyper 10?

Would the Jammin lower suspension arms fit on the Hyper 10?

cbrociuos 02-07-2010 07:46 AM

did anyone try taking the front sway bar off this weekend? im curious to hear how this worked w/ different track conditions.

cbrociuos 02-07-2010 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Beadlock (Post 6969490)

no they're two totally diff. trucks.

JAMMINKRAZY 02-07-2010 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Beadlock (Post 6969490)

I don't think so but can't say for sure. They are made by two different manufacturers so I doubt it.:nod:

Originally Posted by cbrociuos (Post 6969559)
did anyone try taking the front sway bar off this weekend? im curious to hear how this worked w/ different track conditions.

I took mine off, but the 20in of show and power out at the track kinda stopped me from testing it.:D And it was supposed to be a trophy race too! Thanks mother nature!:rolleyes::mad:

Beadlock 02-07-2010 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY (Post 6969571)
I don't think so but can't say for sure. They are made by two different manufacturers so I doubt it.:nod:

Anyone have measurements? As long as they fit between the hingepin braces on the gearbox, it should work.....right?

cbrociuos 02-07-2010 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY (Post 6969571)

I took mine off, but the 20in of show and power out at the track kinda stopped me from testing it.:D And it was supposed to be a trophy race too! Thanks mother nature!:rolleyes::mad:

ya rob posted on hobbytalk that you guys got like 30in or something. thats awsome, we only got a foot. sucks you guys lost power though.

marksp 02-07-2010 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by thead73 (Post 6968072)
hey shark looks good. i got the same exact setup MMP and hv4.5. please let me know how yours runs. i have one 5 min run on mine and MMP blew up(melted) on 2s with 11tooth pinion. nothing but probs over here. i sent ya a PM yesterday. it all started on bench test when 4.5 wont spin just made clicking noise. seemed ok after u got motor spinning when truck was moving. well i raced one 5 min heat yesterday and BOOM. let me know how u make out:D

Don't forget to take out the 10 degrees of default timing when using the MMPro w/HV4.5 (or any 2-pole motor).

jhautz 02-07-2010 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Beadlock (Post 6969580)
Anyone have measurements? As long as they fit between the hingepin braces on the gearbox, it should work.....right?

Hyper arms are designed for pillow ball. Jammin is for C hub style steering. I seriuosly doubt that it's possible.

knucklehead 02-07-2010 09:32 AM

Is anyone running an original Mamba Max in their truck? What are the differences in the Original Mamba Max and the Mamba Max Pro? Will the Mamba Max handle running an HV series motor?

portyansky 02-07-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by knucklehead (Post 6969895)
Is anyone running an original Mamba Max in their truck? What are the differences in the Original Mamba Max and the Mamba Max Pro? Will the Mamba Max handle running an HV series motor?

I think you cant run sensored motors on the mamba max

JAMMINKRAZY 02-07-2010 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by portyansky (Post 6969929)
I think you cant run sensored motors on the mamba max

You can run sensored motors with the max, but you won't get the advantage of the sensors because the max doesn't have a sensor port or sensor programming.

So to answer the original question, yes you can use the max with the HV but it won't be as smooth, and you won't benefit from the sensors. I would get the pro if you are buying one. If you already have the max, you can probably make it work.:nod:

Racecrafter 02-07-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by warpig (Post 6965901)
Let us know! This would be a big help!

Well, in short, with the limited time I had to try all of the different things I wanted to the rear shock/tower mod works good.

It gave the truck a lot of down travel and allowed me to actually use the droop screws to be able to tune with them. They also did a better job of soaking up the large doubles and flat landings.

I ended up with 600 in front with #2 2 hole pistons and 500 in the rear with #2 2hole pistons. White springs all the way around.

I have previously tried taking the sway bar off and didn't really care for it. I tried it again just to try it with this set up and also didn't like it. The front dumps over too much allowing it to "3 wheel" and diff out in the rear making it difficult to stay consistent from corner to corner.

I'm also testing motors on 2s and have found a 550 size that was waaaaayyyy too much power. :) But with a little speedo programming to tame the power, this motor makes the Novak HV look like a 17.5 :D

Details coming soon.

cbrociuos 02-07-2010 11:54 AM

sounds good keep us posted

thead73 02-07-2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by marksp (Post 6969598)
Don't forget to take out the 10 degrees of default timing when using the MMPro w/HV4.5 (or any 2-pole motor).

the MMP was brand new and runnin on factory defaults (smart sense mode) i think the only mode u can adjust timing is in sensored only mode by using the CHEAT feature which i wasnt in. i had the sensor wire plugged in to MMP so i think timing isnt adjustable like it is on a unsensored motor . MMP is fried castle link doesnt even work:cry:.

marksp 02-07-2010 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by thead73 (Post 6970434)
the MMP was brand new and runnin on factory defaults (smart sense mode) i think the only mode u can adjust timing is in sensored only mode by using the CHEAT feature which i wasnt in. i had the sensor wire plugged in to MMP so i think timing isnt adjustable like it is on a unsensored motor . MMP is fried castle link doesnt even work:cry:.

Castle's default motor timing setting is 10 degrees. For Novak motors, decrease this to "lowest" which is zero degrees. This is a seperate setting from motor type "Smart Sense Brushless" - default and CHEAT (Timing Boost Amount) - 0 degrees (default).