R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Jammin SCRT10 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/317104-jammin-scrt10-thread.html)

marksp 02-07-2010 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by markhat250 (Post 6972118)
My SCRT will be here in a few days.

Without reading the whole thread, anyone wanna tell me what parts I should have in my toolbox? Sounds like the front bumper. What, like the whole bumper? or just a certain piece of it. I will have my crt.5 with me as backup to strip parts if needs be. Are all the turnbuckles and rods the same size on both cars?

Any help what needs to be sitting in the toolbox would be awesome to know. Thanks!!

The OFNA part# for the bumper support is OFN40943 which also includes bumper and skid plate.

markhat250 02-07-2010 10:28 PM

would you hate on me if I put a Pro-Line Baja Bug body on my SCRT? I'm on the Pro-Line website and that thing just keeps sucking me in :weird:.

JAMMINKRAZY 02-07-2010 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by markhat250 (Post 6972851)
would you hate on me if I put a Pro-Line Baja Bug body on my SCRT? I'm on the Pro-Line website and that thing just keeps sucking me in :weird:.

Yes!:D Yes I would!:D:lol:

markhat250 02-07-2010 10:39 PM

Ha ha!! Doesn't fit anyway. For the Slash you have to remove the side bumpers. I'm not taking off the rock guards, so that's out. May go Silverado 1500 body then.

JAMMINKRAZY 02-07-2010 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by markhat250 (Post 6972884)
Ha ha!! Doesn't fit anyway. For the Slash you have to remove the side bumpers. I'm not taking off the rock guards, so that's out. May go Silverado 1500 body then.

That body doesn't look too bad. It doesn't look like a Short Course Truck, but it does look nice. I really like the JC truth SC10 body on mine. It fits nicely and looks good.:nod:

Pimpin 02-08-2010 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY (Post 6972946)
That body doesn't look too bad. It doesn't look like a Short Course Truck, but it does look nice. I really like the JC truth SC10 body on mine. It fits nicely and looks good.:nod:

lets see a pic!! :nod:

i should be getting mine on wednesday.

garrettsdad 02-08-2010 04:23 AM

boil

Originally Posted by jonw (Post 6972098)
When you boil the parts do you put the parts in and then bring to a boil or wait till the water is boiling then put the parts in?

Thanks,

Jon

wait till the water is boiling

Tron 02-08-2010 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by markhat250 (Post 6972884)

I bought a slash body for my scrt10...are you saying i will have to remove the side guards on my scrt10 to use the slash body?

anyone have any insight on how to fit the slash body to my scrt10? do i need to stop by nitrohouse and get any parts (body posts, etc?)

Also- what part numbers are you guys using for the shocks when putting the rear shocks up front? Do CRT.5 rears work up front? The rear shock mount goes up front also correct?

SalmonShark 02-08-2010 08:15 AM

I finally broke my front bumber, though I don't think it warrants a replacement yet. It's broken between the diff and the chassis and pivots a little to the left, though doesn't come off or anything yet... I have a spare sitting in the pit box, but will wait I think until it's fully broken.

Is there still any noise that Jammin is making a new one?

SS

Racecrafter 02-08-2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by SalmonShark (Post 6974405)
I finally broke my front bumber, though I don't think it warrants a replacement yet. It's broken between the diff and the chassis and pivots a little to the left, though doesn't come off or anything yet... I have a spare sitting in the pit box, but will wait I think until it's fully broken.

Is there still any noise that Jammin is making a new one?

SS

It won't be redesigned, just softer plastic.

gcosio 02-08-2010 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Racecrafter (Post 6974413)
It won't be redesigned, just softer plastic.

Is the plan for the softer plastic bumper to be included in the next shipment of trucks?

ABBOTT 02-08-2010 08:34 AM

Mine is on the way! I have a hitec 5625 i would like to use, will it be good for this truck? @ 6v .14 130 oz

CAK 02-08-2010 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by CAK (Post 6967620)
last lap first 5 min qualifyer truck started acting like LVC was kicking in. Knew this was wierd as I can run 12 minutes easy and the hotest I've seen the motor is 118. Checked the motor and it was at 102. Qualified 2nd non-the-less. :blush:

Thought maybe the esc freaked out so I reprogrammed the esc between heats. Truck acted like it was working correctly on pit stand. Half way through the first lap of second qualifyer truck would hardley move on it's own. Sounded like it was diffing out. Took the lid off and inspected. Diff's appeared to be fine. Motor was making a screeching sound and would just spin without the pinion moving when creeping on the throttle. If I hit the gas it would spin some but could be stopped easily (yes, pinion is tight).

Something weird going on with the motor...I suspect the rotor possibly. Will call Novak Monday. Kind of a bummer as this is only the 4th or 5th pack through the Nitrohouse 4.5/Havok Pro combo.

Just an update...Novak is taking care of my motor issue in a very timely manor. Big thumbs up to Novak and their customer service.

JAMMINKRAZY 02-08-2010 09:00 AM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Pimpin (Post 6973171)
lets see a pic!! :nod:

i should be getting mine on wednesday.

Ok. Excuse the crappy quickie paint job.

Crawler 02-08-2010 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY (Post 6974578)
Ok. Excuse the crappy quickie paint job.

Looks like ass!:lol:

:p