Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin SCRT10 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Awsome Steve,

I have had awsome luck with the STRC Jammin parts and can't brag enough about the quality of your products to fellow racer's!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Track Star/ Short Course Head Quarters will be out at Hemet tonight if anyone needs Jammin parts.

We will also have DE Racing "Trinidad" wheels, AKA tires, Pro Line bodies and of course Fantom motors.

We are mainly out at the track to help "you" the racer with track side help.

If you need help with anything from set up to driving tips to whatever or just want to introduce yourself come by and say "Hello".

I also want to throw out there that we have been working with a customer and friend to get faster in SCT. His name is Jeff White and has been racing competitively for about 1.5 months now. He started out with a Slash (a very heavily modified slash) and now runs a box stock (changed out the wheels and tires) RTR Kyosho Ultima SC with our prep work and set up on it.

I invite you to watch Jeff run the stock class tonight if you are going to Hemet.
No more million dollar slash...HURRAY!!!!

Good luck tonight guys, Wish I could be there.....
Old 07-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Originally Posted by PsycoB4
Thank you very much. Now What is this slash Rear off set???

What ESC/Motor Combo does one run??

I was thinking Mamba Monster with a 2650 kv motor??

im not exactly sure what the measure is of the "slash rear" offset. All i know for sure is that slash rear wheels are narrower than front. I would really recommend getting slash rears though because Ive had a better experience with them and because people who know way more than me about setup recommend them.

As far as motor and esc goes I think the main considerations are weight and whether or not its sensored.

Most of my rc experience has been with onroad electric touring cars and i think because of that I have a very strong preference for sensored systems. In my opinion a sensored system gives you much better car control. If you're not used to it though you might not really notice the difference between sensored and sensorless.

For that reason I would recommend the mamba max pro. keep in mind though that with the mamba max pro you will have to run an external BEC because its internal BEC sucks.

As far as motor goes i would recommend the 550 size motors. the 540 (10th scale size motors) overheat. 2650 and 2200 motors are 8th scale motors which weigh 80 - 100 grams more than the 550 motors also their kv rating is so low that you would need at least a 3s battery to be fast. Add on aluminum parts and a large mambamonster esc (which weight 40 grams more) and you could approach 3000 grams - which I think would be way to much weight for a 2s. so the alternative (if you wanna run eighth scale elctronics and motor) is to run a 3s or 4s setup. at that point though you are pushing around near eighth scale weight with puny little 10th scale arms and shocks. I think that would lead to breaking and bad slow response.

If you want insane speed and wanna run a larger battery I would run run a 3s battery with maybe an 8.5 turn 550 motor. Ive heard of people running that setup but i dont have any personal experience with it
Old 07-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ahhh another beautiful day at the park... Till I showed up.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

lol thats great. what you should do it take some pop cans and set up a drift course instead of just crop dusting or in this case kid dusting,LOL
Old 07-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JdogL
lol thats great. what you should do it take some pop cans and set up a drift course instead of just crop dusting or in this case kid dusting,LOL
I only do it for a very short time, the cloud actually drifts over the road and I can see it causing a wreak lol. 2 minutes of that and you have to leave, sure the cops wouldn't like that.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

Good Lord! That's like a frekin' tornado!
Old 07-31-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Hi Guys,

quick update on the aluminum upper steering bellcrank arm we are updating. It should be arriving today. Those of you that bought our aluminum bellcrank set can receive a free updated upper bellcrank arm if you send me the following:

1) email a picture of your aluminum bellcrank set from us, or a receipt, to show that you did purchase the part (whether it is through us, or through a shop, we will take care of you)

2) I need your ship to address in the email to send the replacement out.

Please send information to: [email protected]

Please don't PM me on RC Tech, just so I can keep all information coming to one place and not get confused

I will most likely be able to start shipping them out as early as monday!

I like to thank everyone for being patient and understanding with us fixing this problem.

Steve W.
ST Racing Concepts
Way to go! That's customer service

btw, ygm
Old 07-31-2010, 06:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by wstuart
im not exactly sure what the measure is of the "slash rear" offset. All i know for sure is that slash rear wheels are narrower than front. I would really recommend getting slash rears though because Ive had a better experience with them and because people who know way more than me about setup recommend them.

As far as motor and esc goes I think the main considerations are weight and whether or not its sensored.

Most of my rc experience has been with onroad electric touring cars and i think because of that I have a very strong preference for sensored systems. In my opinion a sensored system gives you much better car control. If you're not used to it though you might not really notice the difference between sensored and sensorless.

For that reason I would recommend the mamba max pro. keep in mind though that with the mamba max pro you will have to run an external BEC because its internal BEC sucks.

As far as motor goes i would recommend the 550 size motors. the 540 (10th scale size motors) overheat. 2650 and 2200 motors are 8th scale motors which weigh 80 - 100 grams more than the 550 motors also their kv rating is so low that you would need at least a 3s battery to be fast. Add on aluminum parts and a large mambamonster esc (which weight 40 grams more) and you could approach 3000 grams - which I think would be way to much weight for a 2s. so the alternative (if you wanna run eighth scale elctronics and motor) is to run a 3s or 4s setup. at that point though you are pushing around near eighth scale weight with puny little 10th scale arms and shocks. I think that would lead to breaking and bad slow response.

If you want insane speed and wanna run a larger battery I would run run a 3s battery with maybe an 8.5 turn 550 motor. Ive heard of people running that setup but i dont have any personal experience with it
Ok so your saying that the MM Pro is better to get than the Mamba Monster??? And 80 grams is not that much of a big deal.. I want power but I also want something that is going to last. My buddy has the Monster and a Neu 1515 motor n shit is serious. He had went through a few other esc's and says he likes that...

So before I go out and waste dough somehwere, What ESC/Motor Combo would one recommend???

I was thinking the Havoc Pro SC setup too. But seems like Novak still has issues.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:15 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Ahhh another beautiful day at the park... Till I showed up.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I wonder what your diffs look like after that.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY
Awsome Steve,

I have had awsome luck with the STRC Jammin parts and can't brag enough about the quality of your products to fellow racer's!!!
Thanks James! Hey, haven't seen you the past few weeks over at WCRC...I heard you been doing some nitro?

Nitro-Hyperboy!

Steve
Old 07-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Initiate

What weight oil and springs are you guys with the losi 8 shocks using for indoor clay tracks.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Will a Nimh hump pack fit sideways in that battery holder?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody01
Will a Nimh hump pack fit sideways in that battery holder?
Nope.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Steve,

WCRC tonite?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.