Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

*****YOKOMO BMAX 4*****

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

The TQ 4wd is a total copy of the B-Max, saw a couple at the shootout.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
which "production work does come from Team C but we work closely with them to make design changes that will benefit the car's characteristics, like we have done with the 2wd and truck."

-TQ Racing Team Driver
Hobbywing Technology Factory Rep.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

I hope so too, for all Yokomo offroaders out there...

Theres always the possibility that hands were shaken over a few caveats in the contract regarding copyright designs and production releases once the chassis overall layout has been sold off for independent manufacturers

As a professional involved in the creative industry, I can support the above notion as long as the distribution of design has been blessed by the parent company. I wont say the same if another company just simply copies a design success and sells it under their own name.

Originally Posted by CODMAN
Wel it's not impossible... Just improbable... :0)

1- The B-max was first out... Copies appeared after it's release... If they were using soemones elses design, it would probably eb the other way around...
2- Yokomo has a long history of designing their own 4wd 1/10 buggies...
3- They do distribute AE products in japan, which is probably the reason they never designed a 2wd Buggy... To my great sadness... :0)
4- The B-max4 performs way too well for it to have been deisgned by some other company... It was obviously designed by someone with a lot of experience in racing...

Anyways, like I said it's not impossible... As for the hop-ups advertised above... Yokomo makes each and everyone of them for the B-max, except they are much nicer looking, you are 100% sure it will be an exact fit and are top quality, and it encourages Yokomo to keep designing great cars... I know I won't be putting anything but originals on my B-max...

Cheers!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

I agree. As long as there is a civilized agreement, I don't care if there are copies of the Yokomo... I don't even mind about the above poster who "shamelessly" plugs hop-ups for another make of car, that should fit the Yokomo... The only thing is I found his post cheap (as the parts :0))) ) in that he didn't take time to contribute anything to this thread. He just posted a website, with parts, which aren't even clearly compatible with the B-max4, in the hopes of stirring up some business. He could have at least taken the time to explain a bit... but it was just an easy, blatant plug... If I was a MOD, that's the kind of post I'd erase... :0/

Anyways...

Originally Posted by Shadows
I hope so too, for all Yokomo offroaders out there...

Theres always the possibility that hands were shaken over a few caveats in the contract regarding copyright designs and production releases once the chassis overall layout has been sold off for independent manufacturers

As a professional involved in the creative industry, I can support the above notion as long as the distribution of design has been blessed by the parent company. I wont say the same if another company just simply copies a design success and sells it under their own name.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shadows
which "production work does come from Team C but we work closely with them to make design changes that will benefit the car's characteristics, like we have done with the 2wd and truck."

-TQ Racing Team Driver
Hobbywing Technology Factory Rep.
Yes, Guess I should not say an exact copy, but very similar design and look. Not saying it's a bad car, it looked good on the track.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
there are very minor differences between that car and a bmax 4

thats tops all of the other cars when it comes to using someone elses design!!
they got a lotta balls to release that car lookin like that! but thats how the game goes i guess. thats a complete rip off of a yokomo bmax 4 if you ask me. jmho!
Old 08-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

It would be OK if they had an agreement with Yokomo. But do they? I don't know, but I don,t see how it would profit Yokomo to licence their design to others...

Originally Posted by toyota 2jz
there are very minor differences between that car and a bmax 4

thats tops all of the other cars when it comes to using someone elses design!!
they got a lotta balls to release that car lookin like that! but thats how the game goes i guess. thats a complete rip off of a yokomo bmax 4 if you ask me. jmho!
Old 08-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

codman, you just put the nail on the head

I agree. As long as there is a civilized agreement, I don't care if there are copies of the Yokomo... I don't even mind about the above poster who "shamelessly" plugs hop-ups for another make of car, that should fit the Yokomo... The only thing is I found his post cheap (as the parts :0))) ) in that he didn't take time to contribute anything to this thread. He just posted a website, with parts, which aren't even clearly compatible with the B-max4, in the hopes of stirring up some business. He could have at least taken the time to explain a bit... but it was just an easy, blatant plug... If I was a MOD, that's the kind of post I'd erase... :0/

Anyways...
Old 08-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

all i gotta say is that now when we throw our cars down onthe track and in the pits everyone is gonna be like hey is that the new tq car? it just ruined our cars completely!! so now im gonna heavily badge my YOKOMO BMAX 4 with yoko stickers and jdm stickers. i think its a disgrace to all of us that drive yokomos!! nakes me sick that a company would totally rip a design off of another like this!! in the 2wd community its ok because they all ues others design and basicly all look the same!! not even 1/8 has a ripp off like this!!

its really sad to see this happening to the yokomo
we are the last of a dying breed and now we just got flushed down the drain!!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Did you see the Durango clone? It's an exact copy! And half price!... I'm pretty sure none of these companies are paying to use the designs...

all i gotta say is that now when we throw our cars down onthe track and in the pits everyone is gonna be like hey is that the new tq car? it just ruined our cars completely!! so now im gonna heavily badge my YOKOMO BMAX 4 with yoko stickers and jdm stickers. i think its a disgrace to all of us that drive yokomos!! nakes me sick that a company would totally rip a design off of another like this!! in the 2wd community its ok because they all ues others design and basicly all look the same!! not even 1/8 has a ripp off like this!!

its really sad to see this happening to the yokomo
we are the last of a dying breed and now we just got flushed down the drain!!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Did you see the Durango clone? It's an exact copy! And half price!... I'm pretty sure none of these companies are paying to use the designs...
Yeah, that one IS an exact copy
Old 08-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

its still a durango just a cheaper version without all of the un necessary stuff on it there are 2 of them at my local track its the dex410r
Old 08-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

its still a durango just a cheaper version without all of the un necessary stuff on it there are 2 of them at my local track its the dex410r
no they are not talking about durango's dex410r. There is a 'copy' that is not made by durango.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by captain stacker
no they are not talking about durango's dex410r. There is a 'copy' that is not made by durango.
Exactly...
Old 08-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

oh ok got ya!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.