Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone run Caster

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Does anyone run Caster

I bought a caster fusion pro for christmas a while back and i am going to start racing it.
People at the caster forums seem pretty happy with there cars but they may be also biased.
So i will ask here, any one run these?
Are you happy with them?

Right now i love the car
Havent broke anything, handles great and the only prob ive had is with the electronics i bought like batteries and stuff. But not the cars fault.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I love mine, I am always in the top 2 at the local tracks.
Here are some pics from the Farm in North Carolina.
Caster finished 1 and 2
You can read more about my Caster Fusion here, http://www.nitrokillers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=242

Old 06-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I do not own one yet but race with several guys that own them. When I decide to race 1/8th scale be it electric or nitro it will more than likely be a Caster.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a hyper8 converted and have pretty much decided to get the caster race roller. I think I talked my LHS into trying to become a dealer. Maybe that way more of the locals will pick up on electric 1/8 . Everyone always coments about how fast it is, and wants to know more about it.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cool... glad to see people willing to give the car a shot.

Last night, we ran our first real class of 1/8 electrics at Hobby Haven.. the unofficial home track of Caster Racing USA where the Fusion was born

So far... in addition to several Caster cars, we have 3-4 guys with new RC8 conversions and I think one Losi and one hyper8, but most of these guys didn't show up this week, and a couple of them are still finishing their cars.

We had 7 cars running... 6 Fusions and 1 RC8.... can you say "team driving"?

Everyone had a blast of course, and I think some guys had too much fun and not enough clean driving Cars held up pretty good even with some "spirited" racing.... did have a broken tie rod end, and one that popped off a couple times and got replaced with a new one... but that's not bad for 18 rounds (6 cars... 3 runs each)

some racing vid from last night, thanks to "chilly": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lvcq8BsXKo
Old 06-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Cool... glad to see people willing to give the car a shot.

Last night, we ran our first real class of 1/8 electrics at Hobby Haven.. the unofficial home track of Caster Racing USA where the Fusion was born

So far... in addition to several Caster cars, we have 3-4 guys with new RC8 conversions and I think one Losi and one hyper8, but most of these guys didn't show up this week, and a couple of them are still finishing their cars.

We had 7 cars running... 6 Fusions and 1 RC8.... can you say "team driving"?

Everyone had a blast of course, and I think some guys had too much fun and not enough clean driving Cars held up pretty good even with some "spirited" racing.... did have a broken tie rod end, and one that popped off a couple times and got replaced with a new one... but that's not bad for 18 rounds (6 cars... 3 runs each)

some racing vid from last night, thanks to "chilly": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lvcq8BsXKo
Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok, biased yes, but just cuz I own a Fusion Pro...

I own the only Caster on Okinawa in Japan. Raced it one time against GP and got 2nd, and then the track closed...mmm nitro next to a golf course=bad idea?

I bought it by only reading about it and reading the forums. Love the way it handles, and durability is fantastic.

Service from Chris at Holeshothobbies.com is awesome and faster than getting anything from the LHS for my Tamiya stuff.

2x2s lipos are easier than one 4s and seem more balanced

It's metric.

All the team drivers are on the forum at one time or another and are a big help...

I plan on buying 10 fusion kits for my students to build and race at my high school, if I can't break it, I don't think they can either...
Old 06-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by glassdoctor

btw, I'm the green car w/black wing and my buddy shaggy was running my other car... green w/white wing. We were screwing around and talking smack... I even had the marshal turn me over and then not let go of the car... he thought it was pretty funny
Old 06-12-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

I too have had good luck with Caster.....I run a Fusion buggy and a K8T truggy.Both are very easy to drive and have been very durable.Customer service has been top notch also.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Also, should be noted that of the 6 guys running them that night... I was the only Caster team driver.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

That is a true statement. We should put you on commission and have you selling to hobby stores.....
Old 06-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

They are awesome cars. I plan on getting 1, I would have had 1 by now but my wife hurt her back and hasnt been able to work for a while. So we all know what that means, Daddy havey no playey money LOL and its not funny too. But I will have 1 sooner or later.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

The Fusion is the best electric 1/8th scale out there... I suggest going with the pro model which comes as a race roller- it has a lot of similarities to its nitro counter part 1.5r. The Fusion is competitive right out of the box!
If your track has big jumps or high bite blue groove I would suggest running the red springs... I just picked one up and it is an absolute blast!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just took 3rd in the B Main at the 1st round of the Ohio Pro Series with my Fusion. That was a good showing concidering the A main was filled with drivers like Ryan Lutz and the like.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Arrow

Congrats to Tim Mohr!!!!!
Tim More rocked the 1/8th scale 4WD electric buggy class at the RC Pro Series Midwest Division Race #1 in St Louis, MO at Dirtburners on 06-21-09. Here's some pic's of the race and Tim Caster Racing USA Fusion EX-1 powered by a Castle Creations ESC/motor package and of course MaxAmps.com Li-Po's.

Way to go Tim keep up the good work,

Jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.