HPI Electric RS4 MT Support Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

who wants belts??? PM if interested.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just picked up two MT's off of Ebay. Looking for parts. Whatcha got?

Looking for A435d metal rings for diffs, maybe ball diffs, carbon chassis brace, belts, etc. Mines all stock, so any upgrades considered.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by turbo scorpion
who wants belts??? PM if interested.
Hello, PM'ed you a few days ago.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Initiate

I don't know what happened to Turbo Scorpion?? If I posted that I had items fro sale I'd check back into the thread or check my PM's. Anyway, I ended up buying two more rollers just to get some belts and other small parts. I'll end up selling the rest of the stuff here or on Ebay since I kinda overspent but it's not like I can just walk into the LHS for this stuff.

Anyone need any parts? May be interested in trades. I need a diff case rebuild kit. I have the below for trade.

I have 3 sets of new in package carbon graphite rear bulkheads. These fit the RS4 MT as well as the other RS4 series. They are ligther and stronger than the plastic parts. I have some new spares, like diff bevel gear set, etc. I also have two used sets of rear CVD axles.

Last edited by pcmark; 09-12-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just picked one up as a roller. Wheeeeeee.... Got it in trade for fixing a garage door opener. Using spare parts and my old as hell battery charger, I was able to verify all is well. Needs tires for sure, came with street tires. I already bought a body that I'll have to modify to fit. I got a free motor and rcvr and a Traxxas Controller for a buddy today. I'll pick up a cheap speed controller and a couple batteries.

Hope to have it bashing away buy the weekend!

Thanks for keeping this thread fresh for 2 years guys.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by frankenstang
Just picked one up as a roller. Wheeeeeee.... Got it in trade for fixing a garage door opener. Using spare parts and my old as hell battery charger, I was able to verify all is well. Needs tires for sure, came with street tires. I already bought a body that I'll have to modify to fit. I got a free motor and rcvr and a Traxxas Controller for a buddy today. I'll pick up a cheap speed controller and a couple batteries.

Hope to have it bashing away buy the weekend!

Thanks for keeping this thread fresh for 2 years guys.
Lets see some pics! We love pics.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Default brushless

how possible is it to switch to a brushless set up on these trucks. reason im askn is i put a titan 12 motor in it and tho its now faster i still want more speed. and another problem im having is i keep blown the plastic drive gears apart or stripping them it will blow the tires off but if it hooks up its done .
Old 09-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Nitro MT suspension pins

Anyone know if the Nitro MT stainless suspension pins #72171 will fit on an electric MT? Sorry, I can't post a URL link yet.

Edit: well I went ahead and puled the trigger. Based on what I've read, they should fit.

Last edited by pcmark; 09-24-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rlmustang50
how possible is it to switch to a brushless set up on these trucks. reason im askn is i put a titan 12 motor in it and tho its now faster i still want more speed. and another problem im having is i keep blown the plastic drive gears apart or stripping them it will blow the tires off but if it hooks up its done .
Sounds like brushless would probably make those problems worse. I'm planning on putting a brushless setup in mine, so I hope it will hold up. I've heard that the drive gears on the slipper shaft are problematic. I'm hoping I can find an aluminum replacement one of these days.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rlmustang50
I dont want this to come off the wrong way but I will just say if u guys read this thread from the beginning alot of your quest. will be answered look at what beemerfan did with his hobbywing/mamba setup ....if your blowing gear or stripping them chances are in my exp. there are screws loose where the motor plate/chassis are held together and there is some movement there causing the spur /pinion to "spread apart" so to say...also make sure your slipper isnt cranked down all the way especially on high traction, back it off a 1/4 to 1/2 turn and gear mesh is important as well...

Im only going over the basics because I dont know the exp level and knowledge for everyone here concerning this rc truck hope this helps and good to see people still keeping the RS4 alive, just dont give up on it so quick you'll b suprised ...I ve been out of the loop for a bit (new baby boy) but lookin to start backup.

Shoutout to beemerfan if you read this...what's up man!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pcmark
Anyone know if the Nitro MT stainless suspension pins #72171 will fit on an electric MT? Sorry, I can't post a URL link yet.

Edit: well I went ahead and puled the trigger. Based on what I've read, they should fit.
OK, the Nitro MT pins work great except for the rear inner ones. They are longer than the stock ones and they come with a thick aluminum brace that goes on the rear of the truck. Unfortunately, the brace doesn't fit right because it hits the rear bulkhead. I ended up keping the stock front inner pins and using the front inner pins from the kit on the rear without the brace.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Ran mine on a 3s lipo yesterday. Holy crap! 12 turn old traxxas motor didn't even get hot. That car flat hauls on 11.1v.
Brought the RS4 MT and my new Slash 4x4 to the indoor track today. Had more fun running the 15 year old slow RS4 than the slash. It needs a brushless and 2s lipo to clear all the jumps cleanly, but still had a blast.

I'll leave it as is for now. My 'new' project is converting an HPI Firestorm to electric. I paid $20 for the roller. My brother in law is tooling up an extended chassis plate to convert the chassis to short course length.

Made sure to ask the guy who runs the track if it would be a 'legal' conversion. He had no objections. All of the Blitz front end is the same, just the rear is different.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frankenstang
My brother in law is tooling up an extended chassis plate to convert the chassis to short course length.
Would like to see pics of that!!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

sorry to Yall. i got wrapped up in other stuff and thought my settings were set to get notifications of PMs or posts here. bounce me a msg if your interested in belts. i can still order em. just wana have enough interest to break even on my investment.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Hehe, oh my crazy head. I was actually considering making a new aluminum chassis for the RS4 as well as my newly acquired nitro 10t. Imagine how cool a HPI RS4 'SC' would be? How do I make the whole car 1.5 inches longer?

AE makes a bad a$$ belt driven 4x4 SC, why not HPI?

I'd have to mock up the chassis and then try to measure the length for a new belt, maybe there's already one out there long enough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.