HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Hyper 9E thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Tim B. recommended the silver xray springs for the front and the Nitro House Brand 10 hole tapered delrin shock pistons with 25 wt AE shock oil . Stock Springs in the back . This is for running at OCRC . A high bite large indoor clay track . I am so new to this truck , I am just going off what he said to do . I guess I am lucky to have knowledgeable people running my local track and having the store close to my house .

One thing I figured out already , I prefer the battery all the way forward . It gives me more steering . Ofcourse , this is for my driving style . I know everyone is different .
Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

do you have the part number for the pistons you got as I think there are more than one size pistons with the 10 hole setup?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

99% sure Tim uses the 10x1.1
Old 02-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kenton
Of course , this is for my driving style . I know everyone is different .
That fact is always so overlooked. Just because a certain setup works for Tim Bump or Jeremy Kortz doesn't mean that's the best setup for me or you. Everyone drives just a bit different. Setups take time and patience to get them tailored to your liking.
Sorry for the rant but I've seen drivers trash an entire car just because the setup they tried didn't work for them, then they go on to claim it was all the cars fault and the geometry is all wrong. Taking your time to find YOUR right setup is what racing is all about.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cappy
I've seen drivers trash an entire car just because the setup they tried didn't work for them, then they go on to claim it was all the cars fault and the geometry is all wrong. Taking your time to find YOUR right setup is what racing is all about.
Truer words have never been spoken.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if you race off road 1/8th you should read this cover to cover.. then tweak your car to do what you want it to do

http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/showfile.p...2bef0706315e0c

http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/p...8&kategoria=64
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cain
do you have the part number for the pistons you got as I think there are more than one size pistons with the 10 hole setup?
The pistons I bought for running at OCRC are Part # 007 . I just asked Tim what he thought I should get . Not sure if he runs those .

Thanks everyone for the set up advice and links . I am not going to change anything for a bit . Then one change at a time . Just like my SC trucks .

I have to say though . The current set up the guy I bought the truck from was running . Is quite a bit different then the one on the NH website for the tracks in my area . Different shock , upper a arm, and rear camber link, and rear hub locations . Also a different size ackerman bar .

The guy I bought the truck from has a much diffferent style of driving as me . He is full throttle and full brake quite a bit . A bit more of a choppy style . I like to drive thru or drift a bit on corners . He seems to whip the back end around more on corners .
Old 02-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I like when a setup is given and it states the characteristics of how the car will handle on the sheet (more push, lots of off power steering etc). I found that by knowing what the car would feel like with the setup and trying it gave me an idea on where to work the setup to what I liked.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

I was going over my truck this morning and noticed the front shocks caps were sliding back and forth quite a bit on the rubber sleaves . Looks like I am going to have to make another trip to Nitro House tomorrow morning . Think I will get a few extras . It seems like those would wear out easily . My front shock tower might be a little bent as well . I clipped a retaining wall in front of my house yesterday . I was running the truck on the sidewalk to take some tread off of my tires . We are running slicks on the currrent set up at my local track . Dry and grooved . Super sick traction .
Old 02-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

New layout for my Hyper9. Front brace is made out of 1/4" lexan. Only had to drill one hold in the chassis to do the new layout. This brace may break, but it will prove the concept at least.
Attached Thumbnails HoBao Hyper 9E thread-hyper9_lcg_1.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-hyper9_lcg_2.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-hyper9_lcg_3.jpg   HoBao Hyper 9E thread-hyper9_lcg_4.jpg  
Old 02-21-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
New layout for my Hyper9. Front brace is made out of 1/4" lexan. Only had to drill one hold in the chassis to do the new layout. This brace may break, but it will prove the concept at least.
Can u explain what the main benefits will be with this?
Old 02-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jube
Can u explain what the main benefits will be with this?
I was after a couple of things.

1. Get the ESC down onto the chassis
2. Fix the steering geometry
3. Get rid of the clunky stock servo mount/ESC/receiver box

I think the mods have met all the listed requirements. Having the ESC down on the chassis, opens up the body options a bit. It also brings the center of gravity down a bit. Standing the servo up makes the steering much more linear and makes changing the servo much easier. The weight is down by roughly 2 ounces from the previous configuration.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default good thinking

I think you have something here Kufman, nice design.. keep us posted how that works.. if it works well you may ship it to ofna/nitrohouse and see if theres a chance of an aluminum one being made as an upgraded part..or future stock part
Old 02-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimBump
There is a 'Team Setups' tab near the top of the nitrohouse page (Sorry, I dont have enough posts to post a link).
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Set-Ups-Sh...cb8b2da328c675
Old 02-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kufman
I like that center brace idea. I have been running my ESC on the chassis forever with the SNR bracing. But the standup servo is something that I would like to try to get more linear steeiring geometry. It will aso bring more of the weight towards the center of the chassis. Time to fab up a center brace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.