Umm your doing that already!!
Oh ya thats right. Well we can do it togther as team Ofna/Electron
Old 10-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Team Electron.

Originally Posted by danulmer18
Oh ya thats right. Well we can do it togther as team Ofna/Electron
I like the sound of that. Team Electron.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
I like the sound of that. Team Electron.
Thats our unofficial racing team Fuel of choice? Electrons
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone know if the Matrix concepts rear tower requires the "B" version arms?
They only have one unspecified version listed on their site.

Pretty satisfied with the stock buggy, wouldn't mind some carbon towers though.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What's the general concensus on the requirement to run some sort of driveline protection with these 1/8 setups? I'm not hearing rotor seperation failures and I don't think I'm seeing too many guys running dedicated slippers or clutched setups?

Reason I ask is I have one from another setup that I was planning to swap over but wondering if its worth it? My issue with it is its heavy, complicated, point source of failure, as compared to the STD center diff.

Curious what you guys are seeing?
Old 10-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber B Version Rear Shock Tower.

Originally Posted by eric3272
Anyone know if the Matrix concepts rear tower requires the "B" version arms?
They only have one unspecified version listed on their site.

Pretty satisfied with the stock buggy, wouldn't mind some carbon towers though.
Hi Eric,
Jeremy Kortz feels the B version Rear Shock Tower and Rear Lower Arms Significantly improve the overal handling of the buggy, which is the reason Robert offers the B Version(Rear) Carbon Fiber Shock Tower.

PS. You can use the stock A version or the B Version Rear Lower Hyper 9E Arms With the Matrix Concepts Rear Carbon Fiber B Version Shock Tower.
With A version rear lower arms, use the lower row of four holes for the top of the rear shock mount. And with the B Version lower rear arms, use the top row of four holes in the upper part of the rear shock tower.

Last edited by MindThoughts; 10-04-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MindThoughts
Hi Eric,
Jeremy Kortz feels the B version Rear Shock Tower and Rear Lower Arms Significantly improve the overal handling of the buggy, which is the reason Robert offers the B Version(Rear) Carbon Fiber Shock Tower.
Thanks for the info.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Matrix Concepts Inc- Carbon Fiber- Rear Shock Tower "B" Version.

Originally Posted by eric3272
Thanks for the info.
You are very welcome Eric.
Please feel free to write any questions 24/7, via direct PM to me, or on this Hobao Hyper 9E thread, and or calling or emailing Robert directly.

Robert also start a new thread "Matrix Concepts Inc. Carbon Fiber Chassis & Performance Parts". Which anyone is always welcome to post any questions and or ideas. Have a great day/evening

Here is the Direct Link
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post7979499
Old 10-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok let me clear up on the rear shock tower b version, I'm not sure if the Matrix tower has the two row of holes that our stock unit has but if it does then you can you can use both and a or b version arms. If you have the a version arms which have the bend then you would use the lower row of shock positions on the tower if you b version then you would use the upper row of holes. To make this simple if you use the lower row on b version you would have too much shock travel and would destroy your shock bladder and possibly know out your piston. The 29510 Hyper shock tower was set for both suspensions.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default B Version Matrix Concepts CF Shock Towers Have Both Rows of Shock Position Holes.

Originally Posted by -R2-
Ok let me clear up on the rear shock tower b version, I'm not sure if the Matrix tower has the two row of holes that our stock unit has but if it does then you can you can use both and a or b version arms. If you have the a version arms which have the bend then you would use the lower row of shock positions on the tower if you b version then you would use the upper row of holes. To make this simple if you use the lower row on b version you would have too much shock travel and would destroy your shock bladder and possibly know out your piston. The 29510 Hyper shock tower was set for both suspensions.
Thank you for the information DJ.

PS. The Matrix Concepts B version Carbon Fiber Rear Shock Tower Has both Rows Of Shock Position Holes.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Center Drive Shaft To Possibly become A Universal Center Drive Shaft(front part).

Originally Posted by itbvolks
What's the general concensus on the requirement to run some sort of driveline protection with these 1/8 setups? I'm not hearing rotor seperation failures and I don't think I'm seeing too many guys running dedicated slippers or clutched setups?

Reason I ask is I have one from another setup that I was planning to swap over but wondering if its worth it? My issue with it is its heavy, complicated, point source of failure, as compared to the STD center diff.

Curious what you guys are seeing?
The Drivetrain In The Hyper 9E is solid and extreemly efficient. Tim Bump explained to me the last time I saw him at West Coast RC Raceway in La Mirada CA, There will soon be a center drive shaft which comes with the front part of the drive shaft as a Universal, rather than the classic dog bone style/drive pin. I've been using the Hudy "Drive Pin Replacement Tool", to replace all worn drive pins in the Hyper 9E drive train- thus far. I do not know if there is a way to replace parts or rebuild a Universal drive shaft. If anyone knows, please share your insight and experience with us here. I do 100% prefer the Universal over the CVD. Primarily because of the way the cvd works and is held together by an extreemly small set screw. I'm very grateful Ofna opt for the simplicity of the dog bone type and now Universal type drive shaft.

I see no reason to run a(type of) clutch system on the motor nor center diff-unless you prefer the feel of the clutch system. Which clutch(or slipper) system do you have, where did you buy it?

Last edited by MindThoughts; 10-05-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is everyone still running the stock body or has a tighter alternative been found?
I remember reading way back in the thread that the VE8 body fit pretty well. Can someone remind me? Does it sit tight against the side guards and how about the rear? I'm looking for a tighter fit
Old 10-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danulmer18
Is everyone still running the stock body or has a tighter alternative been found?
I remember reading way back in the thread that the VE8 body fit pretty well. Can someone remind me? Does it sit tight against the side guards and how about the rear? I'm looking for a tighter fit
Nitrohouse's Tim Dunn runs a different body on his 9e but I'm not sure which one, give them a call.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:00 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I run the same body it the J Concept Losi 8 Nitro body. I will post some pics later.

I've been running for the past month a carbon center universal that I made and it been holding up very good. This was the 4th attempt and still holding.

Steve
Old 10-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tim Dunn Was running the JConcepts Hi Flow illuzion for Losi 2.0 on his H9E.

Originally Posted by -R2-
Nitrohouse's Tim Dunn runs a different body on his 9e but I'm not sure which one, give them a call.
The last time I spoke to Tim Dunn about his Hyper 9E body, he was running the JConcepts Hi Flow illuzion Body Made for the Losi 2.0 buggy. And, he uses several layers of Velcro to fill the gap between the body and the side guards. He showed me how he did this and it actually looks quite nice. I now run the same body but I'm running the Hyper 9nitro version, on my Hyper 9E.

PS. It's been over one month from the time I spoke to Tim Dunn at West Coast RC Raceway about his Hyper 9E, it's also possible he's now running a different body. Tim often Answers the phone at NitroHouse and or you can certainly ask for Mr Dunn when you call, if he does not answer the phone. Keep in mind there are two different Tims working at NitroHouse so be sure to ask for Mr Dunn. Tim Dunn also has a nick name, but I'm not certain which two letters.

Last edited by MindThoughts; 10-05-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.