Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Max Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
The MMP is not made for 770 size motors.

In their words.... "36mm motors" = 540-550 size.

You need a Mamba Monster for your app. or for sensored I'd recommend an RX8.
I specifically called castle and talk to a castle guy about running the pro in an 1/8th scale application. He said no problem and that he has it in his 1/8th buggy and truggy with no problem. The only thing he cautioned about was running 6S on the pro. He said 4s and 5s no problem. i run 5s. This is not cool at all!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hlb14
go here http://www.castlecreations.com/support/repairs.html and follow the instructions, sent it in to castle, unless impakt will replace it, but i would want on of the "new stock" ones that castle is sending out
I agree... but after castle customer service, i think i'll rather go back to tekin. I can have this one replace and sell it! I still have the bad tekin ESC and they have a non warranty replacement for $94.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
I specifically called castle and talk to a castle guy about running the pro in an 1/8th scale application. He said no problem and that he has it in his 1/8th buggy and truggy with no problem. The only thing he cautioned about was running 6S on the pro. He said 4s and 5s no problem. i run 5s. This is not cool at all!
The failure could be anything. I have been using my MMPro in my buggy since it was first released with no issues. I also know of a number of other folks who haven't had problems in 1/8 buggies.

All these ESC have a higher than acceptable failure rate imho though. I think the manufacturers are trying too hard to keep cost low, but I think racers are willing to pay a premium to have a relatively bullet proof esc. I rather pay $300-$400 bucks for an ESC ONCE versus having to buy 2 or 3 ESCs for spares.

The pro has been solid for me thus far.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Edumakated
The failure could be anything. I have been using my MMPro in my buggy since it was first released with no issues. I also know of a number of other folks who haven't had problems in 1/8 buggies.

All these ESC have a higher than acceptable failure rate imho though. I think the manufacturers are trying too hard to keep cost low, but I think racers are willing to pay a premium to have a relatively bullet proof esc. I rather pay $300-$400 bucks for an ESC ONCE versus having to buy 2 or 3 ESCs for spares.

The pro has been solid for me thus far.
i totally agree. i would rather pay 300 - 400 for ONE unit... but thing is, it failed. and i just didn't like the way the tech guy over the phone handled it. especially his demeanor...
Old 05-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
The MMP is not made for 770 size motors.

In their words.... "36mm motors" = 540-550 size.

You need a Mamba Monster for your app. or for sensored I'd recommend an RX8.
I always thought the tekin T8 & novak's HV range were 550-size motors....

I do have a funny feeling it couldve been a bad batch because there was soo much demand for it maybe CC just rushed the production stage to get them out....
Old 05-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

i totally agree. i would rather pay 300 - 400 for ONE unit... but thing is, it failed. and i just didn't like the way the tech guy over the phone handled it. especially his demeanor...
Who did you talk to?

I'd suggest calling again -- and ask for an AWR. I don't think we have stock right now, but we can ship as soon as we have stock again.

Thanx!

Patrick del Castillo
President
Castle Creations
Old 05-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pdelcast
Who did you talk to?

I'd suggest calling again -- and ask for an AWR. I don't think we have stock right now, but we can ship as soon as we have stock again.

Thanx!

Patrick del Castillo
President
Castle Creations
Sorry, i don't recall. But as the tech guy recommended, I called Dan from Impaktrc and he said he'll swap it out for me and send u guys the bad ESC.

I am kinda of thinking of just using a full 1/8th scale ESC for now.

Patrick, is it possible to trade the pro for a monster? I am more than willing to do that?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry, i don't recall. But as the tech guy recommended, I called Dan from Impaktrc and he said he'll swap it out for me and send u guys the bad ESC.

I am kinda of thinking of just using a full 1/8th scale ESC for now.

Patrick, is it possible to trade the pro for a monster? I am more than willing to do that?
You have a PM.

Thanx!

Patrick
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RodneyRacer
any thoughts??

today after 2 qualifiers on my MMP and 4600 castle motor I decided to change my drag brake from 30% to 20% when I hooked up the castle link and downloaded the speedo settings there was a popup that read lipo cutoff too low and something else but I did not catch what was said and should have read it before I cleared it. That was all I did loaded the new program in the speedo ready for the main turned the car on and had steering and no throttle checked all connections nothing still on the throttle. I went back though it with the castle link, nothing poped up this time downloaded the new program to the speedo and had the same result no throttle.

I have put a good 4 hrs of runtime on this speedo and this has me baffeled no I cannot get the speedo to reprogram with the radio it will go through the throttle setup but not the brake the red light stays on and will not go yellow

Futaba 3PK PCM
MMP settings
auto lipo
brake/type (proportional without reverse)
brake amount (50%)
drag brake (20)
punch control (0%)
motor direction (normal)
BEC (5.5V)
start power (low)
sensorless motor timimg (normal)
motor type (smart sense brushless)

any ideas??
The most common problems are the end points being dialed too liw, if you had taken out brakes on the TX, and then tried to re-cal, this will happen.

In the TX, do you have the throttle channel set to reverse? The EPA for throttle and brake set to max, or close to it, like 100%? The trim, sub trim and expo all set to zero?

The other thing to do is set the arming time longer in the ESC. If it is arming too fast, it may not be entering program mode, and then not arming with the neutral not set right.

Are you hearing chimes from the motor?

Let us know if that helps.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys i was wondering is the fan suposed to be on all the time or is there a sensor? question to how fast does you mamba motor get hot?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSMnow
The most common problems are the end points being dialed too liw, if you had taken out brakes on the TX, and then tried to re-cal, this will happen.

In the TX, do you have the throttle channel set to reverse? The EPA for throttle and brake set to max, or close to it, like 100%? The trim, sub trim and expo all set to zero?

The other thing to do is set the arming time longer in the ESC. If it is arming too fast, it may not be entering program mode, and then not arming with the neutral not set right.

Are you hearing chimes from the motor?

Let us know if that helps.
Agreed. What i found when i had to recalibrate my esc, is i had to adjust brake trim to 100%, anything under it wouldnt calibrate....
Old 05-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

im running a MMpro with a 6.5 hv in a hyper 10 sc can anyone give me a good starting point on esc programing and gearing thanx!!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sancho1388
hey guys i was wondering is the fan suposed to be on all the time or is there a sensor? question to how fast does you mamba motor get hot?
Fan will spin some time when you turn on system and then will be off until ESC hit some temperature (if remember correct it will be 160F, but I could be wrong).
On some not so hot day (~16-20C) MMP in my Caster Fusion 1/8 buggy with Tekin 1900kV motor hit this temp only in the end of 10 minutes qual. On hotter day (~20-26C) I can see that fan turns on in second/third lap. On colder day (10-15C) I can do 10-15 minutes practice and fan stays off.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

I run the MMP with my velinion motor and with a novak HV 4.5 in my slash 4x4and in my jammin scrt10

I have the brakes at 80%

but sometimes it just doesnt feel as 80% anymore. a few days later it feels like 80% again.

the brake power is not constant.

I run strickly on 2s lipo. esc has never exeeded 105F

what could this be?

settings:
timing = 0
bec = 6 volts
smartsense
punch = 50%
no custom throttle or brake curves
dragbrake = 0
startpower = low
Old 05-26-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Would this help with BEC issues?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM1600

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.