Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mamba Max Pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by teeforb
What's considered a low esr? I believe one of my caps is 0.021 ohms.
0.021 ohms is good, that should work well.

Even a 5 amp spike should only result in a 0.1 volt dip, not bad at all.

The idea here is the cap will help power the load as the BEC adjusts to the change in load.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

any thoughts??

today after 2 qualifiers on my MMP and 4600 castle motor I decided to change my drag brake from 30% to 20% when I hooked up the castle link and downloaded the speedo settings there was a popup that read lipo cutoff too low and something else but I did not catch what was said and should have read it before I cleared it. That was all I did loaded the new program in the speedo ready for the main turned the car on and had steering and no throttle checked all connections nothing still on the throttle. I went back though it with the castle link, nothing poped up this time downloaded the new program to the speedo and had the same result no throttle.

I have put a good 4 hrs of runtime on this speedo and this has me baffeled no I cannot get the speedo to reprogram with the radio it will go through the throttle setup but not the brake the red light stays on and will not go yellow

Futaba 3PK PCM
MMP settings
auto lipo
brake/type (proportional without reverse)
brake amount (50%)
drag brake (20)
punch control (0%)
motor direction (normal)
BEC (5.5V)
start power (low)
sensorless motor timimg (normal)
motor type (smart sense brushless)

any ideas??
Old 05-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

any one have a good setting for cheat mode with lrp x12 10.5? i got to agressive tuning today and smoked one.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Ok, I'm pissed! First day out and the pro fried on me! I'm calling castle and I'm telling them I want a monster.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok, I'm pissed! First day out and the pro fried on me! I'm calling castle and I'm telling them I want a monster.
That type of information isnt going to help us help you! Im sure there's a perfect explanation as to why the MMP did 'fry'. Mind telling us exaclty how it 'fried', what motor & what application it was being used in?

Ive had my MMP as soon as it came out, never had one problem with mine, its never missed a beat, id have to say its the best esc ive owned & used....
Old 05-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Initiate

I also had my mamba max pro go up in smoke on me last week. It was 1 month old.

Operating conditions:
Slash 4x4
Novak 5.5T
3s Lipo
14/54 gearing
Temps were always in the 140 range on the motor and 120 on the ESC.

I was actually just setting the gear mesh when it let out a huge puff of smoke. I found this back on page 48, it is exactly what mine is doing right now.

Originally Posted by grog71
Figured this would be the best place to post this one. I am on my 2nd MMP. The first one went out on me on friday night. I am running a MMP a 4500 3s lipo and the Novak HV6.5 with 12 tooth pinion in my Hyper 10SC I plugged the lipo in and smelt a little burn so I ripped off the top and unplugged it. after a minute ot two I plugged it back in and was having cogging issues with the sensor port plugged in. When you hit the throttle in some the thing will not move and it just makes the cogging noise. So I can unplug the sensor wire and it is a little better but not much. This is the second esc that I have seen this happen to. We hooked up another esc and it is good to go. have any of you guys seen the same problem? Sorry for the long post. Thanks
I was about to go out and buy the Tekin Rx8 until I searched 'Tekin Rx8 Problems'...
Old 05-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
That type of information isnt going to help us help you! Im sure there's a perfect explanation as to why the MMP did 'fry'. Mind telling us exaclty how it 'fried', what motor & what application it was being used in?

Ive had my MMP as soon as it came out, never had one problem with mine, its never missed a beat, id have to say its the best esc ive owned & used....
I was at the track, i couldn't provide details at the time. Basically, it's in a mbx6 buggy with a tekin t8 1900kv with a 14T pinion (same as i have been using for the past year to so). when i first put it on the track for practice, it was fine. first qualifying it was fine. i temp everything... esc was about 110 and motor around 105... during my last qual, it start slowing down. i know something was not good. then it completely stopped on me. i then took it off the track, unconnected it from the batter and set it aside while i ran my truggy class and turn marshal. when i got back to the pit area, i was thinking maybe something was wrong with my lipo. so i tried my truggy lipo. I was blipping on the trigger and it we barely moving... then after a few second, up in flames.. i immediately pulled the battery off and the rest was history.. my settings was simple. 16.4 for 5s lipo setting, 0 brake, brusless smartsense. i can't remember the other settings... but im sure the settings shouldn't caused what happened here...
Old 05-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jasons9
I also had my mamba max pro go up in smoke on me last week. It was 1 month old.

Operating conditions:
Slash 4x4
Novak 5.5T
3s Lipo
14/54 gearing
Temps were always in the 140 range on the motor and 120 on the ESC.

I was actually just setting the gear mesh when it let out a huge puff of smoke. I found this back on page 48, it is exactly what mine is doing right now.

I was about to go out and buy the Tekin Rx8 until I searched 'Tekin Rx8 Problems'...
I was at the track, i couldn't provide details at the time. Basically, it's in a mbx6 buggy with a tekin t8 1900kv with a 14T pinion (same as i have been using for the past year to so). when i first put it on the track for practice, it was fine. first qualifying it was fine. i temp everything... esc was about 110 and motor around 105... during my last qual, it start slowing down. i know something was not good. then it completely stopped on me. i then took it off the track, unconnected it from the batter and set it aside while i ran my truggy class and turn marshal. when i got back to the pit area, i was thinking maybe something was wrong with my lipo. so i tried my truggy lipo. I was blipping on the trigger and it we barely moving... then after a few second, up in flames.. i immediately pulled the battery off and the rest was history.. my settings was simple. 16.4 for 5s lipo setting, 0 brake, brusless smartsense. i can't remember the other settings... but im sure the settings shouldn't caused what happened here...
I know this sounds totally out of field, but both of these issues/problems involve a 1/8th SENSORED motor. It seems to be the only similarity between the 2 problems, besides using the same ESC...
Old 05-24-2010, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know this sounds totally out of field, but both of these issues/problems involve a 1/8th SENSORED motor. It seems to be the only similarity between the 2 problems, besides using the same ESC...
The other thing that sticks out to me is 5s on a 1900kv, I know some guys are running it but I do think it's pushing it, IMO of course.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

It could be.. but the ESC failed when it shouldn't..
Old 05-24-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

teeforb i had two mmps do the exact same thing as grog71 described, one was in a hyper 10sc, 2s 6.5 540 sensored motor, the other was in a rc8 1900 tekin motor on 4s. i am convinced ther was a "bad batch" that was released in the past several months. both of mine were replaced under warranty by castle with ones that had a "new stock" tag on them and the first one has worked flawlessly, haven't got a chance to run the second yet... don't give up, once you get a good one you will love it
Old 05-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hlb14
teeforb i had two mmps do the exact same thing as grog71 described, one was in a hyper 10sc, 2s 6.5 540 sensored motor, the other was in a rc8 1900 tekin motor on 4s. i am convinced ther was a "bad batch" that was released in the past several months. both of mine were replaced under warranty by castle with ones that had a "new stock" tag on them and the first one has worked flawlessly, haven't got a chance to run the second yet... don't give up, once you get a good one you will love it
Hmmm... Okay, maybe i'll give them another chance.. thanks for the input!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Okay, throwing salt into my injuries. I called castle this morning and told them what happened. He told me to call impakt to see if they will replace it. Saying they don't have any in stock. Not what I wanted to hear. And while talking to him, I had a sense that he didn't think I knew what I am doing. Grrrr
Old 05-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

go here http://www.castlecreations.com/support/repairs.html and follow the instructions, sent it in to castle, unless impakt will replace it, but i would want on of the "new stock" ones that castle is sending out

Last edited by hlb14; 05-24-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: .
Old 05-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

It could be.. but the ESC failed when it shouldn't..
The MMP is not made for 770 size motors.

In their words.... "36mm motors" = 540-550 size.

You need a Mamba Monster for your app. or for sensored I'd recommend an RX8.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.