Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated SC8E Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monteman
What surprises am i forgetting when upgrading my 14mm shocks to the new version 16mm big bores? Do i need anything else or do the big bores just replace the 14mm stockers?
I have a E converted SC8, not sure how to tell what version it is.

I'll be looking at some other upgrades down the road. Not sure how much of the new SC8.2e is a direct fit. Wouldn't mind upgrading to some of the newer stuff.
I was also thinking of rebuilding this on the Tekno V4 chassis... Worth it?
As mentioned several times here in this thread...This truck is a BEAST! V1 or 2. Since u have v1 like most of us, the only I would bother with is a T-Bone front bumper on stand by for when your stocker breaks, it will be the last bumper u buy! Besides any benefits and qk tunning the threaded shock allow...its done! Sure, I have a few more mods then I need also, but were they needed? No. I also have all the FACTORY TEAM upgrades (except the threaded shocks) and added the RPM ARMS and DE Racing rear mud guards Although, I would love the threaded shocks from the FT SC8e They are just so expensive IMO

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9&I=LXVVG6&P=K
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9&I=LXVKK1&P=K

Last edited by *JayVee*; 03-26-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Awesome, very helpful post

Thank you.

My first SC8e had the FT carriers and some extras, wish i hadnt let it go.

Maybe i can pick up some of the shocks on the bay for cheaper.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Awesome, very helpful post

Thank you.

My first SC8e had the FT carriers and some extras, wish i hadnt let it go.

Maybe i can pick up some of the shocks on the bay for cheaper.
Good luck! eBay isn't that much better either nowadays with anything anymore. I have always searched for those shocks and all I find is retail LHS sellin on ebay with no springs included, same $ as Tower. Just remember, same application as RC8Be v1 if u ever run across those also. v2 are shorter due to their LCG design in the A-Arms.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Oh that might work, plus i have the FT tuning springs still from my former RC8Be.
I will eventually break down and buy the FT 16mm shocks, i cant stand preload spacers.

Good to know the only "really needs" is the T-bone front bumper though, i was ready to dump a couple hundred on this thing lol.

If i decide to replace the chassis, is there any real benefit to swap over to the Tekno V4 chassis? $100 vs $130 i would be almost as tempted to spend that extra $30 for the Tekno just for the weight balance and easy pinion access.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Oh that might work, plus i have the FT tuning springs still from my former RC8Be.
I will eventually break down and buy the FT 16mm shocks, i cant stand preload spacers.

Good to know the only "really needs" is the T-bone front bumper though, i was ready to dump a couple hundred on this thing lol.

If i decide to replace the chassis, is there any real benefit to swap over to the Tekno V4 chassis? $100 vs $130 i would be almost as tempted to spend that extra $30 for the Tekno just for the weight balance and easy pinion access.
I believe the only benefit going with the Tekno is balance. That is why they have those milled out sections in the metal of the chassis and each one is model specific. How much is the benefit?... I am sure very fine line but when u are a hard core racer...every single edge u can squeeze out adds of to better lap times one way or another.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Good points. I will probably skip the chassis swap for now.
Ordered up the Tbone basher bumpers tonight
Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Good points. I will probably skip the chassis swap for now.
Ordered up the Tbone basher bumpers tonight
Sounds good and glad to help. I am sure t3gt will support everything discussed here as well. We both seem to be proud poster boys for this rig

Last edited by *JayVee*; 03-27-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Awesome, I'll definitely be back with more questions as i go.
Bought it used, so i am going to go through a full tear down. I picked up new carrier bearings already.

Plan on buying RPM arms to have here for if/when i ever manage to break the stockers.

Also have a set of DE Rear mudguards to install (do they work on the RPM arms?)

It has a steel spur, i will swap out for Plastic, not a fan of steel on steel as it is really noisy IMO.

Plan is to run 4s on a MMM 2200 in here. Probably somewhere in the area of 20/46 (ish)

Last edited by Monteman; 03-26-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Awesome, I'll definitely be back with more questions as i go.
Bought it used, so i am going to go through a full tear down. I picked up new carrier bearings already.

Plan on buying RPM arms to have here for if/when i ever manage to break the stockers.

Also have a set of DE Rear mudguards to install (do they work on the RPM arms?)

It has a steel spur, i will swap out for Plastic, not a fan of steel on steel as it is really noisy IMO.

Plan is to run 4s on a MMM 2200 in here. Probably somewhere in the area of 20/46 (ish)
Old 03-27-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

I run that combo in my E-SlayerPro4x4 custom build and love it.
Figure it is the best place to start in this one too
Old 03-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hell yea....PROUD to be an SC8e Poster Boy....LOL....everything sounds legit to me so far....JayVee speaks the truth....
Old 03-27-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by t3gt
Hell yea....PROUD to be an SC8e Poster Boy....LOL....everything sounds legit to me so far....JayVee speaks the truth....
And u know dis mang!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

haha good to know i have a couple Guru's here

Started tear down tonight, not a huge amount. Just getting it ready for some parts.
I love how easy these come apart. Makes me wonder why the majority of my fleet is traxxas stuff.

Task of the night was cleaning the Rollcage. And i can see it still isnt clean haha
Old 03-28-2013, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Lookin Good! Makes me wanna get my behind back on it! I have so much wk to do to all 3 of my rigs. Just lazy and tied up so much at times with everything else. But, gotta start somewhere.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

I have too many projects right now. I have been thinking of thinning the fleet out to make it easier to choose what need to be worked on right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.